How can you watch this and NOT cry???

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Queen B, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Queen B

Queen B Silver Belt

The guys has been through so much.

The wars with Apollo
    The death of his best friend in the ring
    The war with Ivan Drago and his incredible build up (hearts on fire)

Now he went Toe to Toe with the Champ, and despite getting #rekt EVERY SINGLE ROUND, he gave it his fucking all and went LIFE AND DEATH in the final round and almost won the fight. He gave it his fucking all, 100% of his human effort. What a fucking hero. I shed so much fucking tears right here. So emotional.

When the actual Rocky song started playing at 2:35 I cried like a bitch on NYE. When he goes to Adrian's grave in the end, I cried like a bitch again.

Such a fucking hero.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  2. MadSquabbles500

MadSquabbles500 Steel Belt

I cannot cry because his accent, and mannerism indicates he never really tried to be more intelligent, or make wise choices, and was content with staying what he is. So he had all that coming to him.

3. neverwas

neverwas bondage belt

meh,didn't he get busted for peds?

4. Queen B

Queen B Silver Belt

Heres the sorrowful ending, where Adrian wasnt able to be there for the huge almost upset that Rocky Balboa fought his life out for

5. Metal_Daze

Metal_Daze Geonor St Gregor

You only get busted for peds when they're prohibited. Sly is not an athlete, he just has an athlete's body. As a superstar, Sly is obviously immune to common prohibition. Unfortunately, he still has to conform to nationally enforced laws. For example, he is allowed to enter Canada but he must submit his private jet to a complete and thorough search from Canadian Customs because he has been "busted" multiple times. By he, you understand I mean one of his employee was caught. Sly is clear as mud. :confused:

Since he NEEDS his ped to get up in the morning, he needs a legal way to make them enter Canada. The Canadian movie industry has a biased interest in having Sly come into the country. But they do not have the power to prevent the Customs from searching the plane and seizing the peds. So they must help him some other way.

Sly's own personal brands (a whole suitcase worth) are either unavailable or just illegal in Canada. I know he struck a deal and has a medical leave for the life-threatening stuff. But he can't get roids that way, unless very sick. He came to Vancouver recently and my "old contacts" at Canadian Custom told me Sly's private plane was searched with no results. I believe there's an arrangement in place to make sure Sly is made very comfortable during his Canadian ventures...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  6. LaYLa & SaDiE

LaYLa & SaDiE High on booty

Fuckin’ Rocky is your hero. The whole pride of your city is built around a fuckin guy who doesn’t even exist. You got fuckin Joe Frazier is from there but he’s black so you can’t fuckin deal with him, so you make a fucking statue for some 3 feet fuckin Italian you stupid philly cheese-eatin’ fucking jackasses.

7. neverwas

neverwas bondage belt

[​IMG]

Adamant likes this.
  8. Jon Stark

Jon Stark King in the North Platinum Member

Rocky was great in the new Creed movie. I loved that they finally revealed who won the rubber match between Rocky and Apollo at the end of Rocky 3.

9. the muntjac

the muntjac Black Belt

The middle ground between light and shadow
    For those who don't know, this is when Bill Burr went off on a Philadelphia crowd.

10. michal001

michal001 Yellow Card Yellow Card

So watching retards talks makes you cry? Me too, but I cry in pain and agony. You cry because you're a beta.

11. Thai Domi

Thai Domi Silver Belt

Came in thinking this thread would be about Mariah Carey.

12. blaseblah

blaseblah Gold Belt

These movies are ruined by the fact Rocky has the striking defense of Ronda Rousey.

Metusalemi likes this.
  13. 22k

22k ベルセルク Yellow Card

because I'm not a dude who calls himself a Queen.

14. gspieler

gspieler Silver Belt

He's a fictional character who is symbolic of the spirit of the city, eg being the underdog, never giving up, etc. Not sure what's hard to understand about that.

15. Supereem

Supereem Black Belt

You have a real version of him that you neglect.

16. gspieler

gspieler Silver Belt

Rocky is celebrated because he is a fictional character that embodies the spirit of the city, not in spite of it. How many cities do you know have statues of local athletes, where the statues are recognizable worldwide? Jordan, outside of the United Center; that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head. And he's the GOAT b-baller.

It's really as simple as Sly having made an iconic movie, that became a symbol of the city itself. If some need to invent racial motivations for for that, so be it. But the two simply are not connected.

Edit: Joe Frazier is one of the most celebrated boxers of all time.

17. kenetics

kenetics Red Belt

Wow, owned TS

18. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Gemtor Belt

Now you just gave me a reason to finally watch Creed. Thanks homie!

19. Adamant

Adamant GOLD BELT

That was so dumb. There's nothing to win. It wasn't even a full, hardcore sparring session. It was simply two friends horsing around. Neither guy gave it even a fraction of their all. So counting it as a legit win/loss for either man was beyond stupid. Just absolutely facepalm inducing.

And of course, Rocky could have KO'd him cold, and you really think he's gonna reveal that or do anything other than praise Apollo? Especially to his kid? No, Rocky's got too big a heart for that.

If people are gonna consider that a "win" for Apollo, then they might as well consider it a win as well when he was beating on Rock telling him "THERE IS NO TOMORROW!" By Creed's standards, that should be considered a victory too.

20. Sir Galahad

Sir Galahad Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

[​IMG]