How can you strengthen ur jaw W/O breaking it

abhi

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I have heard of glass jaw fighters and I have never been hit on the jaw but what nakes the glass jaw fighters to the iron jaw ones

strenghthen ur neck if possible, but regardless theres a nerve there when its hit hard, its either lights out, or ur going stiff an falling regardless.

Good example of this was AA when he KO'd Buentello.

Thats why its called the button.

Nog doesn't have a button. And Silva has a button that can't really get pressed in all the way.
Cool stuff.

Where do you have to hit it exacty, is there a pic with a arrow pointing to the area

Its like trying to strengthen ur groin or eyes. Its something u just cant. Try some neck excersises. Best tip i can give you

Hamit Aktas said:
Nog doesn't have a button.
Cool stuff.

Everytime he's been knocked down it's because of physics.

I swear you could hit him in the face with a battling ram and he wouldn't get wobbly.

sparring alot will help getting used to the impact but ive been hit on the botton and my legs went out automatically.

you got to clench your teeth, but keep your neck relaxed yet firmly connected to the rest
of your vertebrae, so when you recieve a hit, the force travels to your whole body
dissipating the force, rather than taking it to your jaw and breaking it or your neck, and
getting a whip lash,

easily said than done. takes years and years of training.

i've heard that a specially designed mouth guard can help prevent you from getting koed easily

Having a strong neck will help. Take a look at some knockouts to see the head movements of those who are being knocked out. Their neck usually snaps back or to the side after the punch connects.

VampireMonk said:
you got to clench your teeth, but keep your neck relaxed yet firmly connected to the rest
of your vertebrae, so when you recieve a hit, the force travels to your whole body
dissipating the force, rather than taking it to your jaw and breaking it or your neck, and
getting a whip lash,

easily said than done. takes years and years of training.

Great post, have you had the chance to use this technique?
I've never been cracked in the jaw, but if it happens I will try this out.

Get a loop of soft leather, hang some weight of it, bite onto it and keep it in your mouth until your jaw gets tired. Add more wieght as your jaw gets stronger, try not to hurt your teeth.
Eating cheap overcooked steak may also strengthen your jaw.

If these methods are tried plz post your results.

Use the jab to pop your opponents head up and hook or cross the chin. The easiet way to not someone out is a hook to the chin which jerks his head causing nerves to be cut off for a split second which causes the body to blackout.

TapDammit said:
Use the jab to pop your opponents head up and hook or cross the chin. The easiet way to not someone out is a hook to the chin which jerks his head causing nerves to be cut off for a split second which causes the body to blackout.

How does this strengthen your jaw? wrong thread fool.

Neck and dont get hit with your mouth open breathing hard..Jaw will break fo sho

This is one of my favorite fights. I always thought Robbie Lawler was pretty cocky, and just the fact that he got out-struck by a BJJ guy was great. Everyone can get knocked out, glass jaw or not.

I've read Rocky Marciano used to chew huge wads of bubble gum thinking it would strenghten his jaw. Not sure if theres any scientific truth to that though.

TapDammit said:

We're looking to avoid the knock out! It seems to me that while clinching your teeth on your mouth piece, the muscles are working and will keep your jar from getting rattled. I can imagine that after a while your jaw will get stronger just from doing that. Hence, most fighters have a much greater chance of avoiding being knocked out than an everyday Joe Schmoe.

Armed'nHammered said:
I've read Rocky Marciano used to chew huge wads of bubble gum thinking it would strenghten his jaw. Not sure if theres any scientific truth to that though.

hahah nice...if thats true its absolutley hilarious

Back