• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How can you make good money without a college degree?

Gracious Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm kind of at a crossroads in my career. I've hit a ceiling and can't make much more than I do now. I have people telling me that's the way it is in today's world if you don't have a degree. But I really don't want to go back to school now for 4 years just to make an extra $10k a year. So what options are there? How can I make good money without a college degree?

The only way to make money is by doing something that most other people CAN'T do, or they're not willing to do.

So LeBron James makes a lot because he does things most people can't do.

Doctors make a lot because they're willing to do something that most people aren't willing to do (work your ass off, go to med school, etc.)

So just figure out what you can do that most others can't or won't do.

become a youtuber in your spare time, 10K a year is possible with 4 years experience and the sky is the limit

61gfKe2ZdDL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Gotta add more or different skill sets. IT, any of the trades, mechanic, or joining a Fire Department where they'll get you certified in different things. Those are the most common ones everyone talks about but there might be something specific to your area.

Gov work babyyyy get in and reap those rewards. Sales

One my buddies is a trucker and makes over 300k a year. But he is almost never home. His young kids even forget his name.

Another one is a waste collector. Works night shifts. Makes over 100k. But hard to get into. Long waiting list apparently.

Basically those jobs that people don't want, pay good money. You can add plumbing and welding to it.

Also I heard Air Traffic controllers make really good money. Over 100k. All you need is an associate degree which you can attain in 2 years.

Last edited:
Man I wish someone explained these options when I was young. Didn't know shit about shit other than I had to go to college which I sucked at.

Trucking or UPS driver is ok. UPS guys were making up to 65k a year and that is almost twenty years ago. I am assuming it is much higher now.

My boy is in sanitation and he does a lot of redundant shit just to kill time when work is done. He was telling me he just drives this heavy machinery to move the trash back and forth to kill time or he goes home then comes back to clock out. He got fired though because he didn't want to get vaccinated during the pandemic.

I'm kind of at a crossroads in my career. I've hit a ceiling and can't make much more than I do now. I have people telling me that's the way it is in today's world if you don't have a degree. But I really don't want to go back to school now for 4 years just to make an extra $10k a year. So what options are there? How can I make good money without a college degree?

Start your own business or invest. No other choice really. Try to do both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back