How can Vince push Roman Reigns when he knows the fans don't like him?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Seriously, in wrestlemania the crowd specifically showed Vince how much they don't like Roman.

Why does he continue to push him when he knows we don't like him.

Is it all a work? Meaning, is vince purposefully doing this to rile people up about reigns so he can turn him heel? does vince actually WANT us to boo>

he makes Cena look like the greatest wrestler of all time.

Vince is unable to hide weakness and play to strengths and Roman was one of the worst victims of this. Paul Heyman was excellent at it, and if booked differently I believe Reigns can be much better than he's shown. He's not terrible.

Vince made him his project, couldn't hide his raging boner for him and made him wholly unlikable as a result. They tried to make him Cena, they tried to make him DBryan but missed the mark entirely and the fans turned on him completely... and it was hilarious to watch.

I'm just happy he's actually taking some pins.. finally.

I like him, and I'm a fan.

Thread title is inaccurate.

Vince will always want/need a big muscular face at the top somewhere. It comes down to the mainstream exposure: Sooner or later, wrestling will be big enough for "The Guy" to show up on SNL or the late night talk circuit. It doesn't help if "The Guy" is Finn Balor (who I think is great) and he walks out to shake hands with Conan O'Brien and fellow guest Woody Harrelson and they're both a head taller than him and thirty to forty pounds heavier.

Certainly not the first time. See Lex Luger in 93-94 and Kevin Nash 95.

In the case of Roman Reigns it almost felt like spiteful booking towards the fans which Vince is also known to do.

Reigns could prolly make a great heel, all the while fine tuning the rasslin craft.

Slow build to a face turn after a couple years.

Profit

Seriously, in wrestlemania the crowd specifically showed Vince how much they don't like Roman.

Why does he continue to push him when he knows we don't like him.

Is it all a work? Meaning, is vince purposefully doing this to rile people up about reigns so he can turn him heel? does vince actually WANT us to boo>

he makes Cena look like the greatest wrestler of all time.

The fans like him just fine, it's only the IWC neckbeard virgin basement dwellers who don't like him because he doesn't have indy cred like all of their beloved vanilla midgets.

Since when does Vince care what the fans think? Hulk, Nash, HBK, Cena, Trips, Orton, etc.

Not giving Luger the belt at Summerslam destroyed everything.
It killed his push but think it would have been a disaster to give him the belt. At least they were wise enough to not pull the trigger. I guess in retrospect you could have had him beat Yoko just for the initial pop and then had him give it back to Yoko at Survivor Series or something.

It killed his push but think it would have been a disaster to give him the belt. At least they were wise enough to not pull the trigger. I guess in retrospect you could have had him beat Yoko just for the initial pop and then had him give it back to Yoko at Survivor Series or something.
Disaster? He had the Lex Express, dammit!

Reminds me of how one guys actions can severely change plans and give someone else a huge opportunity that they weren't going to get or at least not that quickly.

Roman pisses hot and instead of headlining Summerfest against Rollins now Ambrose has the belt.

Hogan was supposed to drop the belt to Bret at Summerslam, refuses, drops it back to Yoko instead at KOTR, leaves, then Luger gets inserted as a new top babyface and Bret has to wait until Mania.

Exactly. Earlier in the night, The Heavenly Bodies were in prime position to gain a ton of heat from cheating against the Steiners for the belts. You'd have the crowd begging for a Luger win. If he pins Yoko, that place erupts and the video package makes sense.

Absolutely give the belt back to Yoko to help set up the Royal Rumble rubber match.

But then Luger would had to have cut a promo and we know he can't do that.

Roman is in the dog house now for that stupid test. Expect the hhh punishment. Only a matter of time till Seth or Finn get injured carrying the belt.

Yo dude, the big dawg ain't the big dawg any more.

The fans like him just fine, it's only the IWC neckbeard virgin basement dwellers who don't like him because he doesn't have indy cred like all of their beloved vanilla midgets.

They're the crowd who fill arenas and boo him so loudly? Everybody at an arena is a neckbeard?

Back