How can the UFC get it right with Ronda but wrong with Cain?

I am not sure why the UFC made the choices they did with Cain ... no one (fans) were asking for this fight, so its a complete head scratcher, it makes no sense.

I am not sure why the UFC made the choices they did with Cain ... no one (fans) were asking for this fight, so its a complete head scratcher, it makes no sense.

And what's strange is that Cain isn't a huge money-maker like someone like Lesnar so it's odd that their are pushing for him to be the champ.

At least with a new champ they can make the UFC HW division seem exciting again even though the rest of the division is the same folks and it's still very shallow.

The cash-cow is Ronda. The Holm fight it's clearly a gimme fight

I agree with this. Especially since HH's skill is her boxing, yet she's had zero clean KOs by way of her hands. Just one TKO, I believe, and the rest have been kicks and decisions.

ps- enough with the trilogies. If the UFC wants to keep doing this, they might as well schedule everyone to fight three times in a row from now on.

it are two very different scenarios. Cain was the champ and lost, perhaps he has a clause in his contract which allows him to get an immediate rematch, like Aldo has and Silva/GSP had.

This is not the case with Rousey, she is the champ and she won.

The UFC are making matches to maximize their profit more blatantly than ever.

Meisha got passed up because she has a higher probability of beating RR than Holm. If RR somehow loses, the UFC loses millions. This isn't about Holm selling more: Meisha and Holm would sell roughly the same vs Ronda. This is about minimizing risk: Holm hasn't displayed one shot power in the UFC and we all know her grappling game isn't enough to defend against RR.

The UFC invested a lot of money trying to push Cain as their guy to open up the Mexican market so they are giving him another shot at regaining the title.

All about $..

Trust me dude, if Miesha were even 1/4 Mexican, she'd have the rematch.

Dat ass would be even nicer, too.

it are two very different scenarios. Cain was the champ and lost, perhaps he has a clause in his contract which allows him to get an immediate rematch, like Aldo has and Silva/GSP had.

This is not the case with Rousey, she is the champ and she won.

You are making too much sense.

Just look at Ronda's division and how many fights they have given her. She's fighting the 9th ranked person in her division for christ sakes for no good reason. The women's division is clearly young and they all need to gain experience. It makes no sense at all why she's fighting green fighters.

If she needs a fight, she should wait until there is another clear contender besides Tate. I can't believe some of you guys are even defending this match up. I wouldn't want any champion of any division to fight the bottom of the top 10 list unless there is a last minute injury.

Just look at Ronda's division and how many fights they have given her. She's fighting the 9th ranked person in her division for christ sakes for no good reason. The women's division is clearly young and they all need to gain experience. It makes no sense at all why she's fighting green fighters.

If she needs a fight, she should wait until there is another clear contender besides Tate. I can't believe some of you guys are even defending this match up. I wouldn't want any champion of any division to fight the bottom of the top 10 list unless there is a last minute injury.

As much as Tate deserves it she's lost decisively to Rousey twice. Not like it was a close decision. Just like we don't want to see Cain vs. JDS 9 and Cain vs. Bigfoot 12.

I would say that after Cain Vs Fabricio there were still questions... There are no questions about Ronda vs. Meisha

UFC is making good money off the Rousey situation. That makes them enamored with the idea of a 3-tier division, like Rousey - Tate - rest. They can make any fights they want and WBW will look like a 3-tier division. So UFC wants the HW division to look like that, but it ain't. So they need to try to make it look like that by pretending that no one is entitled to a title shot.

Has literally nothing to do with it. The way sherdoggers misread situations is crazy.

Back