How Can The UFC find more heavyweights?

Heavyweight was always shit, the division we have now is the best in a long time. Cain hw ere was nothing special get your nostalgia glasses off

I think you’re wrong.

Cain
Brock
overeeem
werdum
Bigfoot
JDS
Rothwell
Browne
Schaub
Cro cop.

There were good heavyweights back then.

now there’s like 4 of them.

Bro, the answer very clearly is for Dana to reach out to Sherdog and recruit from amongst our elite ranks of jacked, ninjitsu assassins. Some of us have to register our hands as deadly weapons with the local constabulary. I actually tried out for UFC once, but Dana banned me from competing because he didn't want me to "hurt his guys." Crazy.

Send a ship to do a tour of West Africa. Dock in Accra, Lagos, etc. Have men over 220 lbs hop onboard for DWCS style tryouts. If they pass, they can stay on the ship and come back to the states for a life of indentured servitude to Dana.

Send a ship to do a tour of West Africa. Dock in Accra, Lagos, etc. Have men over 220 lbs hop onboard for DWCS style tryouts. If they pass, they can stay on the ship and come back to the states for a life of indentured servitude to Dana.

This isn’t entirely out of the question but the problem is they won’t have the training needed.

it would have been a great idea if they grabbed a bunch of young ones 10 years ago.

UFC needs to match up Greg Hardy against Rosenstrike. That's a fight I want to see

Buy Nick Diaz a couple Happy Meals and he should easily be there.

Pay them more money it’s that simple the best heavyweights aren’t fighting in MMA instead are in professional sports like NBA and NFL.

They can’t. Only a very small percentage of the population is heavyweight sized while in fight shape and even out of the UFC HW division, I’m sure a number of them could trim some fat and cut to LHW if they really wanted to.

I think you’re wrong.

Cain
Brock
overeeem
werdum
Bigfoot
JDS
Rothwell
Browne
Schaub
Cro cop.

Brock saw MMA as a last resort.
Werdum was never athletic, just skilled.
Bigfoot was never athletic, just big.
Rothwell was never athletic, just weird.

Cain, JDS, Cro Cop, Browne, Overeem, Schaub.
Overeem and Cro Cop were from different eras.
That leaves Cain, JDS, Schaub, Browne. Three men who chose MMA not as a last resort who can be considered athletic in general.

What about now?

Gane's here because so many stars aligned. If that friend never said "yo come train muay thai with me", if Gane were able to pursue football/basketball, if he didn't go the MMA Factory to find training partners for muay thai and instead found a kickboxing gym or if he didn't lose his job, he wouldn't be here. If even one among so many things happened, he wouldn't be here.
Ngannou wanted to do boxing but he just happened to find Lopez, who convinced him to do MMA. He just happened to be a HW athlete as well.

That leaves who? Stipe, Blaydes, and Aspinall.

Bigi Boy is not athletic per se, just athletic compared to UFC HWs.
Lewis is not athletic, just powerful.
Volkov is not athletic, just lengthy and big. He's athletic, but not "in general".

Harris and Hardy are two other potentially "athletic in general" guys but I don't know if you count fringe top 15ers.

CONCLUSION: we're just as bad or as good as before in terms of attracting athletic HWs. IMO this sport will never go beyond this unless fighter pay is significantly raised. Then it'll hit another ceiling where the main reason would be big athletic men would still not want to fight in a cage for a living.

I think you’re wrong.

Cain
Brock
overeeem
werdum
Bigfoot
JDS
Rothwell
Browne
Schaub
Cro cop.

Meh. Put those against:

Ngannou
Gane
Stipe
Blaydes
Volkov
Aspinall
Lewis
Rozenstruik
Pavlovich
Tybura

I think the 2021 batch wins.

Offer good money early for quality HW's from other sports to switch, most obviously kickboxing were it worked with Gane.

HW is weak because the UFC is cheap.

More money.

Athletic young big men will go to sports where they can at a minimum get an education, at best get a pro career (nfl/nba) paying waaaay more than the peanuts UfC pays.

More money, allow steroids, remove 265 limit, start aggressively recruiting failed NFL and WWE prospects.

I think you’re wrong.

Cain
Brock
overeeem
werdum
Bigfoot
JDS
Rothwell
Browne
Schaub
Cro cop.

Stipe, ngannou, aspinall, gane, blaydes, rozenstruik, volkov, are all great fighters, browne was not good and cro cop urc run was pathetic ( but i guess we have to belive he was just out of prime) hw division nowadays its in the same level and dare i to say that the top 3 ( stipe, gane ngannou) would probably beat all on this list. It was nothing special people only jerk off to that division cause they have names ( today by the way cause at that time most of them were prospects)
Its all nostalgia, people in this forum cannot accept that the ufc ain't dying bro

college wrestling recruitment

maybe even HS

recruit. sign to a minor league 2 year contract where they live in vegas and train standup etc and see how it fairs out

Remove 265 cap, no need for it. go to Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and Maori NZ and sign lots of guys, all natural fighters

Back