how big and athletic would you need to be to beat Demetrius Johnson without extensive training?

Its not all about size (ex. bruce lee and he'd kill any of us in a street fight) but yet I think someone at the size of alistair testostereem, even with just some bad boxing skills can overpower him. I once read that 50lb of muscle advantage makes a fight almost always go to the bigger man

I laugh every time this conversation comes up because it seems like you get two kind of people with almost zero in between.

Type A: People who think Fighters are super humans who can disintegrate you just by looking at them.
Type B: people who think just because they are bigger they would instant win

The reality is neither is completely true.

Not every sherdogger is some couch ridden keyboard warrior. Some do have a fair amount of training and are in shape.

Using myself as an example I spent 10 years in the military have wrestled since I was 4 years old, I am a purple belt in jiu jitsu, have military unarmed combat training, and spent years doing boxing and kickboxing. I am also 6'1 230 lbs.

Do I think I could beat MM? I would not be so arrogant to assume that but he is not some super human either. That size difference would be a hard thing to overcome and I am not unskilled, so neither do I auto assume I would win but I also know he is not beating me in 30 seconds like people seem to think just because he is a pro fighter, I would have a very real chance with size and training I have.

There is middle ground guys they are human beings some people could realistically beat MM some people would not its the reality of size and depends on the level of training.

you have more trainning than 99% of the earth population.

2am bar fight Vs MM, you have a fair chance to beat him imo.
with your size, he would be in trouble in the clinch game.
you could also probably pick him up and give him a few strike on top.

but again, you have a lot of real trainning tbh.

Last edited:
Back