how big and athletic would you need to be to beat Demetrius Johnson without extensive training?

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I always hear people disrespect hte 125/135 divisions by saying it's hard to respect fighters that you would beat up.

I'm just curious, if you take an athletic fit guy, how big does that person have to be before he can beat Johnson in a fight under normal circumstances without training.

would a 6ft4+ 240+ former collegiate athlete with good cardio and weight training be able to hang with Demetrius?

At least twice as big as Demetrius, so ca 5'8''

define "without extensive training" ?

Ronda-Rousey-Chubby.png

5'6" or taller. 150lbs. so a slightly larger midget would suffice

I'm 6'0 240lbs.
3 yrs of Karate
1 yr of Judo
6 month of Boxing
a few too many bar fights.

And I'm 100% sure Mighty Mouse would make me look stupid in a fight.

A physically fit 6'4", 230lb guy with good athleticism and a knack for fighting, even with no training, could wreck every woman fighter and every man fighter 145 and below. I'm talking street fight, not a rules match where cardio comes into play.

A physically fit 6'4", 230lb guy with good athleticism and a knack for fighting, even with no training, could wreck every woman fighter and every man fighter 145 and below. I'm talking street fight, not a rules match where cardio comes into play.

Agreed, although I do think you are exaggerating a bit on those stats. 6'1 - 180/190lbs would suffice (assuming the person knows how to throw a proper punch).

Agreed, although I do think you are exaggerating a bit on those stats. 6'1 - 180/190lbs would suffice (assuming the person knows how to throw a proper punch).

No, a guy with minimal training would not have a chance at landing any punches on DJ if they were standing. Also, unless they were a UFC fighter with good wrestling/BJJ, a guy would have to be bigger than 180/190 lbs to be able to ragdoll him.

you never sparred with any pro fighter right?

You really have no idea how good those guy are...

example. yoy played a few year of basketball in high school.
How many point would you score in a NBA game ?

and again you played a COUPLE OF YEAR.

same thing for fighting.
big guy would even touch DJ anywhere close to his face...

you never sparred with any pro fighter right?

You really have no idea how good those guy are...

example. yoy played a few year of basketball in high school.
How many point would you score in a NBA game ?

and again you played a COUPLE OF YEAR.

same thing for fighting.
big guy would even touch DJ anywhere close to his face...

Nobody said it was a striking only match....seems they are talking more about a street fight type of situation. There are plenty of guys out there who can beat up some MMA fighters in a street fight.

People think that they would beat him because he's small but he'd fuck up anyone under 200 pounds easily. I'm guessing he walks around 150 and he would be way too fast and athletic for anymore. I remember my fat 250 cousin said he would beat him but DJ would just run circles around him.

I laugh every time this conversation comes up because it seems like you get two kind of people with almost zero in between.

Type A: People who think Fighters are super humans who can disintegrate you just by looking at them.
Type B: people who think just because they are bigger they would instant win

The reality is neither is completely true.

Not every sherdogger is some couch ridden keyboard warrior. Some do have a fair amount of training and are in shape.

Using myself as an example I spent 10 years in the military have wrestled since I was 4 years old, I am a purple belt in jiu jitsu, have military unarmed combat training, and spent years doing boxing and kickboxing. I am also 6'1 230 lbs.

Do I think I could beat MM? I would not be so arrogant to assume that but he is not some super human either. That size difference would be a hard thing to overcome and I am not unskilled, so neither do I auto assume I would win but I also know he is not beating me in 30 seconds like people seem to think just because he is a pro fighter, I would have a very real chance with size and training I have.

There is middle ground guys they are human beings some people could realistically beat MM some people would not its the reality of size and depends on the level of training.

Last edited:
Back