• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How bad would prime BJ have beaten Conor?

Nick Diaz would beat TWO Conors at once.

Hard to argue with that logic...and by that I mean lack of it. Conor's best wins are against way better competition than BJ's best wins. Conor destroyed Alvarez and I would honestly be afraid for his teammates life if Frankie ever got into the cage with Conor. Frankie beat BJ in all three of their fights.There are a lot of guys in this thread with zero mma knowledge.

Hard to argue with that logic...and by that I mean lack of it. Conor's best wins are against way better competition than BJ's best wins. Conor destroyed Alvarez and I would honestly be afraid for his teammates life if Frankie ever got into the cage with Conor. Frankie beat BJ in all three of their fights.There are a lot of guys in this thread with zero mma knowledge.

Says the Irishman ......

I'd guess Edgar would be the hardcore fan favourite against McGregor let alone McGregor being way out of his league.

Conor best win does not even come close to a win over Matt Hughes. At the time Hughes was the undisputed best WW and had defended his belt FIVE times. How does beating the champion in a weight class lower who has defended 0 times outweigh that.

Says the Irishman ......

I'd guess Edgar would be the hardcore fan favourite against McGregor let alone McGregor being way out of his league.

Frankie is an older, shorter, lighter version of Eddie. With less reach. Less KO power. And the same coach. In what universe would Frankie be the favourite in a fight against Conor?

I'm talking 155 champ lick the blood off his gloves penn. The penn that destroyed Sanchez Stevenson etc. I think he would have destroyed Conor in 2 rounds. Boxing with BJ never ended well for people

Look, pound for pound, Conor would beat a prime Ali. I will say this now that Ali has passed. Conor is the greatest fighter, and when the greatest fighter came to us it was not surprising that he was Irish.

Frankie lost the first fight. For someone who berates other for their lack of knowledge, you clearly never watched that fight. It was a robbery. The 3rd fight was way out of BJ's prime.

My initial point was that Nick Diaz would beat Conor. How is that illogical? He's 3 divisions above him..

lol good old delusional sherdogger saying "new to sherdog"

Conor's 3rd best win is better than Bj's first win. You don't even need to bring up all the times we have seen BJ get completely stomped

Penn beating Hughes in 1 round is better than anything Conor has done. You don't understand how dominant Hughes was

This thread just proves that most people here never watched penn fight when he was wrecking fools . BJ would have destroyed Conor inside two rounds

Bj would never get a chance because Conor would duck him like usual

They are very similar fighters in that they are complete beasts in the first round and seem to fade quickly after that. I like to say in the first round BJ was in super Saiyan mode. Remember the first GSP fight. GSP was struggling to figure out a way to slow down this little Hawaiian dude that was touching his face up. BJ is thirsty for blood in the first round and has hurt many of his opponents early. He was very dangerous in the first round. IMO it comes down to who gasses first and it's probably a mauling after that on either side. Hard to pick a winner really but Conor's left hand is something to be reckoned with. But I can't ever see him finish BJ. I can easily see BJ take his back and submit Conor though.

Conor best win does not even come close to a win over Matt Hughes. At the time Hughes was the undisputed best WW and had defended his belt FIVE times. How does beating the champion in a weight class lower who has defended 0 times outweigh that.
LOL.. how many tiimes did Aldo defend his belt. Just stop. Conor finished guys in embarrassing fashion that should have never been embarrassed. His wins against Aldo,
Frankie lost the first fight. For someone who berates other for their lack of knowledge, you clearly never watched that fight. It was a robbery. The 3rd fight was way out of BJ's prime.

My initial point was that Nick Diaz would beat Conor. How is that illogical? He's 3 divisions above him..

You're arguing that BJ penn is better than Conor by saying Nick Diaz would be beat Conor. But BJ also lost to Nick. To me that is illogical.

If Conor lost to any fighter 3 times he would be crucified on here. People would be laughed at if they brought up Conor in the GOAT conversation. But people are holding BJ up to be some MMA god when his best wins were against guys like Kenny Florian, Diego Sanchez and Matt Hughes. Conor embarrasses guys that shouldn't be embarrassed. Guys like Aldo, Mendez and Alvarez. Bj was never that dominant. He lost 3 times to Frankie- doesn't matter if one of the fights went the wrong way in a decision. Conor just embarrassed Frankie's teammate and if Conor gets in the cage with him - if your honest with yourself - do you see the outcome being any different?

BJ constantly fought guys who were bigger than him. Conor fights guys that are smaller except for nate

Frankie is an older, shorter, lighter version of Eddie. With less reach. Less KO power. And the same coach. In what universe would Frankie be the favourite in a fight against Conor?

Edgar has better gas, better movement and has implemented wrestling based game plans against UFC calibre competition far more often.
LOL.. how many tiimes did Aldo defend his belt. Just stop. Conor finished guys in embarrassing fashion that should have never been embarrassed. His wins against Aldo,

You're arguing that BJ penn is better than Conor by saying Nick Diaz would be beat Conor. But BJ also lost to Nick. To me that is illogical.

If Conor lost to any fighter 3 times he would be crucified on here. People would be laughed at if they brought up Conor in the GOAT conversation. But people are holding BJ up to be some MMA god when his best wins were against guys like Kenny Florian, Diego Sanchez and Matt Hughes. Conor embarrasses guys that shouldn't be embarrassed. Guys like Aldo, Mendez and Alvarez. Bj was never that dominant. He lost 3 times to Frankie- doesn't matter if one of the fights went the wrong way in a decision. Conor just embarrassed Frankie's teammate and if Conor gets in the cage with him - if your honest with yourself - do you see the outcome being any different?

Just stop, talking about Matt Hughes like he's some kind of massive scrub shows how much of a newb you are. Let alone the fact that was two weight classes up.

You sound like a guy who would sight Pele in a Sunday league charity match in his 50's and say he was at best a Sunday league quality player.

Matt Hughes is one of the ten best fighters ever
nah, he's really not. not anymore. his resume is good but top ten good? nah. you can't possibly put him ahead of Aldo, GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Big Nog, Hendo, Mighty Mouse, Cruz, Jones, Cain etc. its like saying Tito is still one of the best LHWs ever because he beat guys like Evan Tanner, Ken Shamrock and Vladimir Matyushenko. i don't even think Tito is better than Rumble all-time. hughes either, for that matter

nah, he's really not. not anymore. his resume is good but top ten good? nah. you can't possibly put him ahead of Aldo, GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Big Nog, Hendo, Mighty Mouse, Cruz, Jones, Cain etc. its like saying Tito is still one of the best LHWs ever because he beat guys like Evan Tanner, Ken Shamrock and Vladimir Matyushenko. i don't even think Tito is better than Rumble all-time. hughes either, for that matter

By our logic in ten years Conor's resume won't matter because the game will have evolved . And Tito is one of the best lhw ever. He also beat vitor and sent wanderlei packing for japan. Tito carried the UFC through some dark times and without him the UFC as we know it wouldn't exist

Edgar has better gas, better movement and has implemented wrestling based game plans against UFC calibre competition far more often.

Just stop, talking about Matt Hughes like he's some kind of massive scrub shows how much of a newb you are. Let alone the fact that was two weight classes up.

You sound like a guy who would sight Pele in a Sunday league charity match in his 50's and say he was at best a Sunday league quality player.

LOL ... now you know how Conor fans feel when haters on here constantly dismiss him and his accomplishments. Any true man fan has to give him the respect he is due.

Back