How about Yves Edwards vs. the Gomi-Sanchez winner?

10 LW's I'd rank ahead of Diego: Ben Henderson, Gilbert Melendez, Michael Chandler, Aoki, Jim Miller, Gray Maynard, Nate Diaz, Donald Cerrone, Anthony Pettis, Eddie Alvarez, Frankie Edgar (no idea how long he'll stay at FW) and Miles Jury

that's 11 if you don't count Frankie, but point being all those guys above have done their fair share at LW ... where Diego, what are you ranking him off? what he did 3 plus years ago?

so given Diego's limited resume at Lightweight, and Gomi's average 3-3 UFC LW run, how would beating Gomi get Sanchez ranked top 10? All Sachez did last time at LW was beat Clay Guida, Joe Daddy and get dominated by BJ Penn

**true Gomi's only lost to tough guys, but getting dominated by Ken-Flo and Guida shouldn't improve his standing at the weight class. If you lose to the best guys you faced at a weight class, that seems pretty middle of the road too.

only losing to marquee competition isn't a positive, and everyone Diego's beaten at LW no longer fights their

if Diego can impressively beat Gomi, I don't think that makes him top 10, but maybe Diego should get a chance to fight a top 10 type opponent.

Lol at Myles Jury in your Top 10? How has Jury done "his fair share" in the UFC? He lost to Iaquinta on TUF 15, and now has 2 wins in the UFC, which hardly qualifies has him as being Top 10.

10 LW's I'd rank ahead of Diego: Ben Henderson, Gilbert Melendez, Michael Chandler, Aoki, Jim Miller, Gray Maynard, Nate Diaz, Donald Cerrone, Anthony Pettis, Eddie Alvarez, Frankie Edgar (no idea how long he'll stay at FW) and Miles Jury

that's 11 if you don't count Frankie, but point being all those guys above have done their fair share at LW ... where Diego, what are you ranking him off? what he did 3 plus years ago?

I never said Diego would be Top 10 in the world, but in the UFC. So, take Chandler, Aoki, and Alvarez out of the equation. Edgar moved down to FW.
By your list that leaves:
Henderson
Melendez
Miller
Maynard
Diaz
Cerrone
Pettis

...and I am not putting Jury on that list because he doesn't belong there. I think Lauzon and possibly Dos Anjos or Varner have a decent argument for being ahead of Diego right now, but if Sanchez beats Gomi, things could change.

My point is Sanchez is a Top 10 UFC lightweight should he beat Gomi. Seeing as how you think Jury is Top 10, I am guessing you won't agree.

Yves is deserving of a top guy after starching Jeremy Stephens imo, why not?

I think that fight should go to Jim Miller. How bout Yves fights Wiman or Lauzon on an fx card or something, either would be a great fight

Back