How about that sweeet Greco arm throw Daddy took Luke down with?

knoxpk said:
judo/greco/greco/judo who cares..its a hella throw and it was used perfectly. The fact is it is used in both styles. lets face it, there are so many effective ways to throw someone. I am sure this throw was used WELL before it was called Judo or even greco.
In fact you can probably find a painting of this throw on some cave wall in India or egypt or maybe even on a vase from greece or Rome, so debating where it was used 1st(thus making claim to the technique) is pointless...

The mechanics of the throw show that it was a proper wizzer or an improper judo throw. How's that:)

Look at post #30 and watch the example.

mystic, I get your point. My point is it really doesnt matter what we call it.
But I am sure this throw was performed sometime before christ was born in an olympic game or 2...( oh i guess thats where the word "greco" comes from..)LOL

knoxpk said:
mystic, I get your point. My point is it really doesnt matter what we call it.
But I am sure this throw was performed sometime before christ was born in an olympic game or 2...( oh i guess thats where the word "greco" comes from..)LOL

No, I know. Just shootin the shit. It is us die-hards out here, that when we see a successful move from our sport we like to call it. Unfortunately, that was a gr takedown and not judo. So weez gots ta give it to em.:)

Safe to say the result is the same.

Is it possible for anyone to post the throw? I saw the fight but I just wanna see it again cause I still think it's a Judo throw.

Immortal-BJJ said:
Is it possible for anyone to post the throw? I saw the fight but I just wanna see it again cause I still think it's a Judo throw.

There is a duplicate on post #30 of this thread. Except Stevensons was left.:)

Back