How about Gregor Gillespie vs Al Iaquinta?

Pious Augustus

Born With Thick Skin
Pink
Reaction score
In a 5 rounds fight
this fight will tell us a lot about Gillespie since he's yet to be tested against high-level lightweights
Al has proven himself against the top wrestlers in the division (even though he's at a significant size disadvantage) and showed that he can survive early wrestling exchanges and stuff or negate all the takedowns in the later rounds.

also, we get to see if he can do better than Kevin Lee & Khabib in the grappling.
and how good is his striking & cardio

and for Al, I think a potential win over undefeated Gregor Gillespie is much better than a win over Barboza

Last edited:
Aren’t they nice in the same gym?

AI should take a break for a while , he absorbed morre kicks and punches in his fights against Khabeeb and Cerrone then in his whole career.
Fighting Gillespie after those events could be a retirement fight for AI

In a 5 rounds fight
this fight will tell us a lot about Gillespie since he's yet to be tested against high-level lightweights
Al has proven himself against the top wrestlers in the division (even though he's at a significant size disadvantage) and showed that he can survive early wrestling exchanges and stuff or negate all the takedowns in the later rounds.

also, we get to see if he can do better than Kevin Lee & Khabib in the grappling.

and for Al, I think a potential win over undefeated Gregor Gillespie is much better than a win over Barboza
Would be a great fight for sure, but Al has just been medically suspended for 180 days

Gillespie's opponents' average TDD is 38%... I think Felder will try to fight Al next, but if Gillespie is matched against Iaquinta, that will be his toughest fight by far.

AI should take a break for a while , he absorbed morre kicks and punches in his fights against Khabeeb and Cerrone then in his whole career.
Fighting Gillespie after those events could be a retirement fight for AI

I agree, by the way Al has been medically suspended for 6 months so he is most likely out until early next year. Gillespie is (presumably) gonna wanna fight a lot sooner than that.

Als ego wont allow him to go that far down in rank ATM.

In a 5 rounds fight

Gregor is so frustrating I thought he was going to fight more often after his last fight

Announcer: “gregor you just won the fight. What now, whos next?”

Gregor: “dunno, guess ill go fishing for a year then decide”

Gillespie's opponents' average TDD is 38%... I think Felder will try to fight Al next, but if Gillespie is matched against Iaquinta, that will be his toughest fight by far.

That's an interesting stat, how did you find it?

I'd be interested to see how that compares to other wrestlers/grapplers in mma.

How about Gregor vs Khabib and get the wrestler ducking out of the way? Someone's 0 has got to go!!!!

Conor had what, two fights in the UFC and people were saying he ducked the wrestler? Khabib has had 11 and still no high level world class wrestler. If it walks like a duck..... (I kid, I kid.)

On paper it could be his toughest fight, but it might be Al's toughest fight: Lee was putting a whopping' on Al but has a gas tank of a walnut. Khabib was putting it on him too, but also has a questionable gas tank and takes rounds off. Gregor wrestled very competitively with Burroughs, who we saw what he did versus Askren. And, his gas tank is bonkers, got that recovered drug addict toughness going like Matt Brown.

- Gregor hasn't fought since January (four months ago)

- Al needs a very serious break to heal and let his brain recover

- Gregor is on a 6 fight UFC streak and just put away Yancy

Dude needs a ranked opponent coming off a win, at this point Gregor has to get a serious opponent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back