How about Ben Rothwell Vs Fedor Emelianenko?

Sidenote: I would love to see Mitrione or Schaub vs. Fedor

giphy.gif

all these predictions of a 1st rd KO for Rothwell? Come on, now...really?

I do think Ben would be a good first UFC fight for Fedor, as it would let us gauge where he is today.

I still say Fedor really belongs at 205. He is not a big HW - he cuts no weight and carries extra body fat. Join a legit camp, drop down to LHW, really prioritize cardio, and try to make run.

Despite the accomplishments of Werdum, Cain, JDS...I think an eventual fight with Jones (if he gets his s**t together and reclaims the belt) would also be the single biggest potential contribution to Fedor's legacy, and likely would be the more marketable fight than anything at HW too.

Mir/Arlovski are fighting each other already, winner of that deserves a titleshot for sure.

Big Ben/Cro Cop/Reem could be the most reasonable first fight at this point.

Mir had lost 4 in a row before his current 2 fight win streak against Bigfoot (who was 0 - 3 - 1 before his most recent fight that he won) and Duffee who had 2 wins against mediocre competition at best in the UFC. Those wins + Arlovski don't warrant a title shot.

Arlovski beating Mir doesn't really add much to his argument because of how Mir has performed since his last meaningful win against a legend far into the twilight of his career in Big Nog.

That being said, Arlovski still has a much better case of getting a title shot than Mir. Schaub, Bigfoot, Browne, and potentially Mir > Bigfoot, Duffee, and potentially Arlovski.

This would be good because anyone could win this fight. I'd say Fedor wins by submission just because he is so much more athletic. This would make a lot more sense than starting out with Werdum.

all these predictions of a 1st rd KO for Rothwell? Come on, now...really?

I do think Ben would be a good first UFC fight for Fedor, as it would let us gauge where he is today.

I still say Fedor really belongs at 205. He is not a big HW - he cuts no weight and carries extra body fat. Join a legit camp, drop down to LHW, really prioritize cardio, and try to make run.

Despite the accomplishments of Werdum, Cain, JDS...I think an eventual fight with Jones (if he gets his s**t together and reclaims the belt) would also be the single biggest potential contribution to Fedor's legacy, and likely would be the more marketable fight than anything at HW too.
This would possibly be the greatest matchup in UFC history. The only one that could top that is Fedor vs Brock Lesnar of course.

Fedor probably doesn't have many fights left in him. Why wouldn't you want more high profile fights like Werdum, Cain, JDS and potentially Jones, Anderson etc?

Least interesting of all possible comeback fights TS.
Mir, Bigfoot, Arlovski, Reem, Hunt etc. are all more intriguing tune up fights.

Those guys are all monsters and super dangerous. Too risky for a tune up fight.

Fedor's much older
Giving up 50 pounds to a skilled, younger guy

Ben doesn't have Bigfoot level heavy top game, but still, he's too much for Fedor at this point.

And it's not a really high profile opponent for a Fedor match, either.

TS displaying that business acumen

Matching Fedor against a HUGE hw that has a good chance to derail him purely based on size instead of skill would be the worst possible scenario IMO. Especially when the most of the best HWs: JDS, Stipe and Cain are all Fedor's size.

Rothwell KO'ng Fedor would bring many tears.

tumblr_nbjweunAIB1r3noc6o1_500.gif

Back