Law House OKs spending bill with over $5B attached for border wall, sending to Senate as shutdown looms

That isn't talked about enough. Pinch off the money or work to illegal workers and it reduces the problem to a very manageable issue.
Yeah, no system will be perfect, but if it's a concern then the first step is to stop our own citizens from being complicit. People way overstate the benefits available to the undocumented. Nobody's coming or staying just for emergency medicaid and special supplemental nutrition assistance.

People who are against the wall are also against increased border security elsewhere. Don't believe them if they say otherwise. It's all lies to save face.

So am I right in saying that on wednesday the $5billion for the wall wasn't needed but since then it became essential?

"The blow-up was sudden. On Wednesday, the Senate easily passed a temporary spending measure without any money for the wall after getting signals from the White House that Trump wouldn't press the issue and trigger a shutdown. But after the outcry from conservatives, the House, at Trump's insistence, amended it a day later to include $US5 billion for the wall. That was unacceptable to Democrats who have enough votes in the Senate to block the legislation."

“A shutdown falls on the president’s lack of leadership. He can’t even control his party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the president is weak.” -

Trump admitting he is a weak, poor leader.

It is not as easy to just use someone else's ss # as people think. Part of e verify is cross checking and checking duplicate workers. Although I agree with you a 20 dollar reader is easy enough @ShadowRun is stretching with his claim.
Besides I'd rather spen 5 billion in e verify upgrades and prosecuting those who pay illegally under the table. Those who pay under the table are fucking the IRS and the taxpayers.
You can buy SS# on black market (dark web) along with facebook groups and craigslist. There isn't a huge demand for it since it's unethical and illegals don't need it right now, but if someone is here illegally and needs a idenity to work what makes you think they won't pay someone a few hundred for an identity? RFID chips/cards will need to be replace over time, lost or stolen. @VivaRevolution Don't get me wrong it's not a bad idea it should happen, but being that won't deter people coming here illegally, someon is always going to pay cash for lawns being mowed, houses being painted ect. I think you need layers of defense a wall, e-verify and more ....We will be spending money either way for illegals like we do now, so spend the money to input in layers of defense so to speak

(sorry about my spelling I got a gnarly hangover)

You can buy SS# on black market (dark web) along with facebook groups and craigslist. There isn't a huge demand for it since it's unethical and illegals don't need it right now, but if someone is here illegally and needs a idenity to work what makes you think they won't pay someone a few hundred for an identity? RFID chips/cards will need to be replace over time, lost or stolen. @VivaRevolution Don't get me wrong it's not a bad idea it should happen, but being that won't deter people coming here illegally, someon is always going to pay cash for lawns being mowed, houses being painted ect. I think you need layers of defense a wall, e-verify and more ....We will be spending money either way for illegals like we do now, so spend the money to input in layers of defense so to speak

(sorry about my spelling I got a gnarly hangover)
I won't deny that ss# and identity theft are happening but e verify can and does already help stop those exact things. Could it be better? Hell yes, a whole lot better with 5 billion dollars and I think that would help with the real issues we face much more than a wall. Some areas could use a better barrier but as a nation let's have a normal conversation about it. I'm a left of center guy and in no way do I want open borders, but a 2000 mile wall is not cost effective. If we spend more time and resources on stopping the employers who are signing the illegal paychecks we will be much more effective and the countries check book will be much better off. And we have to realize nothing will be perfect.

Back