Horiguchi/guadinot... Why?

It was a slow first round but the last two were solid I thought. Horiguchi could fight for the belt one day.

-700 didnt look too dominating. Dude avoids contact like the other guy has knives.

Yawn.

Because Louis is a name. Only because of his time on TUF, but still a name to add to Horiguchi's resume.

You and I have very different interpretations of what a "name" fighter means.

Boring fight. Was this supposed to get me excited to watch Horiguchi fight Mighty Mouse?

Lombard was suppose to start the PPV with an exciting finish in a lopsided match up on paper that is why. Hector didn't get the job done.

Wasn't lopsided. Burkman beat Fitch but apart from that he's a pretty good WW.

Some even had him winning this fight coming in.

Horiguchi is 14-1 and former Shooto champ. This was his 4th fight in the UFC, 3rd in the past 8 months; it isn't like he is completely new to the UFC.
As Magooglie posted it is to get him more exposure; however, he should have faced a better opponent. Again though as Magooglie posted he is on the path to fight Mighty Mouse; UFC needs opponents for him.

Rather funny how often threads similar to this pop up, "Who is X fighter? Never heard of him." And it turns out the guy has fought in the UFC 3-5 times before.

casuals, man.

just to show that they can put anyone on an under card an people will buy if they concentrate on hype for 1 fight...old recipe...Louis G should be no where near a ppv event this big, start stacking the cards for this

Rather funny how often threads similar to this pop up, "Who is X fighter? Never heard of him." And it turns out the guy has fought in the UFC 3-5 times before.

I barely watch anymore, the cards are crap. Still have a small interest though. Either way it's not hard to spot fights that don't belong but your explanation makes sense. Crazy how weak that division is.

I barely watch anymore, the cards are crap. Still have a small interest though. Either way it's not hard to spot fights that don't belong but your explanation makes sense. Crazy how weak that division is.
He definitely should have had a better opponent, hell I admit I didn't initially recognize Gaudinot, I didn't see the intros and thought it was a different guy for a short time. Then I recognized the name and thought, "why is he in this fight let alone on a ppv main card."

Sad thing is that 125, 135, 145 are weights that the UFC could build up with what they have usually gotten guys out of - wrestling, bjj - but it seems the lighter guys in those sports just don't have the interest in mma as their heavier weight counterparts do.

Last edited:
horiguchis legit imo. only good fight of the night

It was a pretty ordinary fight. No complaints if it was Fight Night but I expect better when I have to pay for an event. Marquardt-Tavares was the worst, though.

Back