Horiguchi/guadinot... Why?

The Renegade

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Who are these guys and why are they on the main card? First fight of the prelims? Sure. Main card? Uh... Wtf? I haven't been following MMA like I have in the past but seems like an odd fight for this main card.

Get some exposure for Horiguchi. If he wins he'll probably fight MM.

youre just a poser dude. Horiguchi is legit. Guadinot is a feeder. and as stated as earlier you are just a poser.

youre just a poser dude. Horiguchi is legit. Guadinot is a feeder. and as stated as earlier you are just a poser.

Posing as what exactly? People still use that insult? Trolling I hope.

OP is correct....this is some obvious filler...bring on Marquardt, Cowboy, and "The Main Event of the Evening!"

yeah that fight was dogshit

atleast it gave me a chance to take a dump and grab another beer though

Because Louis is a name. Only because of his time on TUF, but still a name to add to Horiguchi's resume.

Darn good technical fight if anything. Hori looked good tonight. Hopefully he improves even more and takes that belt from MM.

yeah that fight was dogshit

atleast it gave me a chance to take a dump and grab another beer though

:D Good point. I call it an intermission.

The real reason is they need a Japanese star, and he did well but didn't deliver what they needed. Japan could open back up to MMA if by some magic another Saku could come along, but that is highly unlikely.

This fight sticks out like a hideous growth on an other wise sexy chick.

I also don't get it. The Jordan fight would have been a better fit to start off the PPV.

Well it is a good time to browse sherdog in the mean time.
I won't take my eyes off the screen during the main event.

I just wish they had given Horiguchi A step up in competition. This kids legit so I want to see him fighting someone a little better, especially on the main card wtf ufc

Horiguchi is 14-1 and former Shooto champ. This was his 4th fight in the UFC, 3rd in the past 8 months; it isn't like he is completely new to the UFC.
As Magooglie posted it is to get him more exposure; however, he should have faced a better opponent. Again though as Magooglie posted he is on the path to fight Mighty Mouse; UFC needs opponents for him.

Rather funny how often threads similar to this pop up, "Who is X fighter? Never heard of him." And it turns out the guy has fought in the UFC 3-5 times before.

Obviously they're extremely skilled. I just like watching big guys punch each other really hard at a speed that I don't have to watch in slow-mo.

hector, cowboy, and jones,,,are the only interesteing fights on this card...

Nate Marquart sorry just not into him anymore,,,him vs brad taveres who cares

why people here likes to see shirtless big rude guys instead a good technical fight is beyond my understanding

Why this fight was placed after the Lombard fight is beyond me.

Lombard was suppose to start the PPV with an exciting finish in a lopsided match up on paper that is why. Hector didn't get the job done.

Back