Hooker-Felder fight is quite a mystery to me

I’ll take Felder round 3 tko via standing elbow

Not to me. Felder will be humiliated. Bet your house on Hooker.

I hope Hooker retires Paul "I don't have to fight" Felder and his lame ass coach Ruke Doofas.

yeah it's a tough one. Super close, my gut says Hooker but that's not based on anything and I really don't know. Good fight though.

Hooker is the rangier guy. Felder will be looking to mess him up on the inside with knees and elbows

This is how I think it'll play out as well and Hooker will probably maintain a slight lead on points, but who knows how the scorecards will read.

Both fighters like to strike from distance, and strike hard. Both are loooong
Both can go to takedowns/clinch when in trouble.
Both are quite durable to strikes (yes, even Hooker, Barboza landed zillion strikes on him before he fell)

Both haven't been tested yet in championship rounds.

MMAth with Barboza aside, I think that's a very good matchup. Who you got, how, why and when?

Hooker much lighter on his feet and more creative with kicking and strikes Felder is everything you noted but a still a very basic and standard fundamentals when it comes to his stand up, but if he catches you, getting wobbled...

Probably putting $50 on Felder for this fight. If Felder wins this and his next fight he could be fighting for the title.

But my reasoning is because Felder has fought higher tier fighters and actually has held his ground, especially with Barboza.
Styles make fights. Hooker is a very high level outside striker, given his range, aggression and general toughness. Barboza is the only LW fight he has had trouble with because no one has done well against Barboza playing the outside striking game with him. Felder is an inside boxer and that is Barboza's kryptonite...and he arguably won both his fights with Felder. I don't really ever give credit to MMAth, and this is the best example of why it doesn't work.

IMO this fight will be very close fight with two very different strikers who are both durable as hell. Should be fun.

Styles make fights. Hooker is a very high level outside striker, given his range, aggression and general toughness. Barboza is the only LW fight he has had trouble with because no one has done well against Barboza playing the outside striking game with him. Felder is an inside boxer and that is Barboza's kryptonite...and he arguably won both his fights with Felder. I don't really ever give credit to MMAth, and this is the best example of why it doesn't work.

IMO this fight will be very close fight with two very different strikers who are both durable as hell. Should be fun.

No doubt it should be a fun fight. Hooker took a fucking leg beating with his fight against Barboza and Felder can hold his own, I still remember how he beat Vick with a collapsed Lung (partial I think it was) and another injury during the fight (can't remember what), so this proves that the Irish Dragon has some serious durability.

With a gun to my head I’ll take Felder but damn, what a great fight. Wouldn’t be surprised if Hooker pulled It off.

No doubt it should be a fun fight. Hooker took a fucking leg beating with his fight against Barboza and Felder can hold his own, I still remember how he beat Vick with a collapsed Lung (partial I think it was) and another injury during the fight (can't remember what), so this proves that the Irish Dragon has some serious durability.
I was never a fan until I heard him commentate, and after seeing his last few fights, I'm all aboard the red beard. Dude is smart and knows how to scrap and has no quit in him.

Not to name drop but I used to train with a guy who worked with Hooker for all of his Australian/NZ fights, and he's unbreakable. He beat some big names here. If you don't turn his body off, he will throw till the end. The Barboza fight is a good example.

Both fighters like to strike from distance, and strike hard. Both are loooong
Both can go to takedowns/clinch when in trouble.
Both are quite durable to strikes (yes, even Hooker, Barboza landed zillion strikes on him before he fell)

Both haven't been tested yet in championship rounds.

MMAth with Barboza aside, I think that's a very good matchup. Who you got, how, why and when?
I think Hooker is just a little better everywhere, most importantly, his power advantage. Felder is going to look to make this a dirty clinch war, same as he did against Edson, I think he'll get caught with a KO shot trying to come in or from the clinch. Should be a great fight, I'm excited for it

Back