honest opinions on LW title fight march 5th

3betUSA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would like a few unbiased thoughts on mcgregor vs dos anjos. I bet heavily on RDA but im hesitant for some reason.

I think Conor will get the TKO. I can't bet against him until he gives me a reason to.

Objective, factual statement: Conor is the GOAT and RDA is poo poo!

I think RDA mauls him on the ground for a few rounds and then finishes Conor.

I really can't pick but I don't care the fight could be epic

RDA smothers him & drags it to the ground. Sub via choke or arm bar.

I just don't know. I'm just gonna bet that the fight doesnt go the distance and sit back and enjoy it.

It's tough to bet against Conor, but I feel that RDA has more ways to win the fight. It's Conor's first step up in weight and he's facing the champ. That's a hell of a task and I have nothing but respect for it. If Conor were to win, it would be awesome as well. The fans certainly aren't losing here.

i thought mcgregor vs aldo would be a close fight. so yeah, no idea

Its a pickem fight.

RDA looks to beat guys buy using his striking to stun you, grab your attention, and then duck under for takedowns. I havent really seen him of late go straight for takedowns like GSP normally does, or like Mendes did against Conor. This may be a drawback because it means he will have to at some level trade shots with Conor.

That being said, if RDA is able to pressure Conor, or get Conor to open up, his TDs are powerful, and if he gets Conor on the ground, he will beat him up. RDA is the better grappler without question.

Keys in the fight:
1. How much does RDA stand and trade with Conor?
2. How aggressive is Conor?
3. Can RDA complete TDs without setting them up with strikes
4. Can RDA take Conor's punches

Its a pickem fight.

RDA looks to beat guys buy using his striking to stun you, grab your attention, and then duck under for takedowns. I havent really seen him of late go straight for takedowns like GSP normally does, or like Mendes did against Conor. This may be a drawback because it means he will have to at some level trade shots with Conor.

That being said, if RDA is able to pressure Conor, or get Conor to open up, his TDs are powerful, and if he gets Conor on the ground, he will beat him up. RDA is the better grappler without question.

Keys in the fight:
1. How much does RDA stand and trade with Conor?

Even if RDA can't take Conor down I don't know that he loses the fight. Knocking out Cowboy and Bendo is pretty damn impressive.

If RDA enters safely it's quite an easy night for him, if he doesn't he gets put to sleep.

I honestly believe that Conor will overpower RDA in every aspect of the fight: grappling, TDD, and striking.

Back