honest opinions on LW title fight march 5th

I honestly believe that Conor will overpower RDA in every aspect of the fight: grappling, TDD, and striking.

I believe it's completely opposite of what you believe. Should come down to Conor's ability to take punishment and move forward and still stay in the fight

Its a pickem fight.

RDA looks to beat guys buy using his striking to stun you, grab your attention, and then duck under for takedowns. I havent really seen him of late go straight for takedowns like GSP normally does, or like Mendes did against Conor. This may be a drawback because it means he will have to at some level trade shots with Conor.

That being said, if RDA is able to pressure Conor, or get Conor to open up, his TDs are powerful, and if he gets Conor on the ground, he will beat him up. RDA is the better grappler without question.

Keys in the fight:
1. How much does RDA stand and trade with Conor?
2. How aggressive is Conor?
3. Can RDA complete TDs without setting them up with strikes
4. Can RDA take Conor's punches

The way Conor stands is begging for a single leg into a leg drag. RDA might not need to trade to snag it, he might only need to feint high and go for that leg. Then again Conor likes to throw spinning kicks that don't seem to land very much, and we've seen recently how that can backfire.

Great fight, bottom line. Conor is finally at his natural weight class which means this should be the best version of him we have ever seen. Will it be enough to beat RDA? No one knows and that's what's awesome about it. RDA should be able to do what Mendes was able to do for a round and a half but Conor is likely getting better and better at avoiding grappling exchanges everyday.

Incredible champ vs. champ matchup IMO

I honestly believe that Conor will overpower RDA in every aspect of the fight: grappling, TDD, and striking.
you honestly believe conor will overpower RDA in grappling??? not sure which word you dont understand the meaning of, overpower or honestly.

The way Conor stands is begging for a single leg into a leg drag. RDA might not need to trade to snag it, he might only need to feint high and go for that leg. Then again Conor likes to throw spinning kicks that don't seem to land very much, and we've seen recently how that can backfire.

Conor's incredible at posting up on his arms and hips to maintain his balance and spring back to his feet. I don't think RDA will be able to keep him down unless he gets him flat on his back. RDA should look to engage Conor for a few seconds and drop for a double leg when Conor shoots that left hand. We also don't know jack about Conor's back mount defense so if RDA can take his back on a botched hook/wheel kick attempt, that's also a good choice

Great fight, bottom line. Conor is finally at his natural weight class which means this should be the best version of him we have ever seen. Will it be enough to beat RDA? No one knows and that's what's awesome about it. RDA should be able to do what Mendes was able to do for a round and a half but Conor is likely getting better and better at avoiding grappling exchanges everyday.

Incredible champ vs. champ matchup IMO
I completely agree with this. I'm picking McGregor by KO, however, RDA more than proved himself in his fights with Henderson, Pettis and Cowboy. If RDA can take Conor's punch, and fight the way he's been fighting... oh man.

This fight is interesting on multiple levels and is sure to be exciting for however long it does last.

I am saying the same thing Firas said in his vlog today about this fight. I have it 50/50 in the first two rounds but if Conor doesnt get that finish, RDA will win the fight with his mix of striking and grappling. Conor has to keep the fight standing enough to give his left hand a chance to land, I think RDA is gonna be very aware of the dangers Conor presents and fight smart and patient using his kicks to set up takedowns. From there he's got him where he wants him and the fight is in his favor.

I dont give clear predictions in these cases, but the probability IMO is in favor of RDA to win

I am saying the same thing Firas said in his vlog today about this fight. I have it 50/50 in the first two rounds but if Conor doesnt get that finish, RDA will win the fight with his mix of striking and grappling. Conor has to keep the fight standing enough to give his left hand a chance to land, I think RDA is gonna be very aware of the dangers Conor presents and fight smart and patient using his kicks to set up takedowns. From there he's got him where he wants him and the fight is in his favor.

I dont give clear predictions in these cases, but the probability IMO is in favor of RDA to win
That's exactly why i bet RDA hes an underdog im getting value. If the fight is a pickem and im getting +125 im gonna take a chance

Super excited, don't know what's going to happen.

I think RDA could surprise us all and blow through Conor and I think Conor could knock RDA's teeth down his throat.

McGregor will need to score a flash KO, or have RDA show up with a pants on head retarded gameplan to take his belt.

RDA could double leg, pass guard, and sub him in a minute. Something tells me he won't, but if I was going to bet it'd be RDA finishes him.

Did you see te part where he gets knocked out?
Did you see the part where Conor fought a two week fighter who was sitting on a boat drinking a beer when he got the call, still was able to land clean counters on Conor and take him down, land solid ground and pound and open Conor up, passing his white belt guard like butter and then making Conor cry to Herb Dean for a bailout standup and was only able to get back to his feet once Mendes gassed and went for one last sub attempt that caused him to lose top position? Yeah I'm sure you don't remember that part at all. You've never watched the fight. Allow me to show it to you.

Did you see the part where Conor fought a two week fighter who was sitting on a boat drinking a beer when he got the call, still was able to land clean counters on Conor and take him down, land solid ground and pound and open Conor up, passing his white belt guard like butter and then making Conor cry to Herb Dean for a bailout standup and was only able to get back to his feet once Mendes gassed and went for one last sub attempt that caused him to lose top position? Yeah I'm sure you don't remember that part at all. You've never watched the fight. Allow me to show it to you.

He won though.

That's exactly why i bet RDA hes an underdog im getting value. If the fight is a pickem and im getting +125 im gonna take a chance
It's more than a pickem. When the lines opened up, the Vegas oddsmakers had RDA as the favorite. Of course that changed when the fanboys high on the bandwagon started betting on Conor. So Vegas believes RDA is the true favorite. And so does a lot of professional opinions. This is far from a pickem fight. This is RDA 65/35 and you have your money on the man with more ways to win.

This is a really tough fight to pick because both of these fighters have a shitload of momentum right now. Its hard to see either losing. I'm picking RDA to win but I know what TS is saying.

Let's not forget what Conor's mental games to do his opponents. Skill wise, I would have bet on Aldo and RDA.

Aldo was very careless and emotional. RDA, imo will become stiff and very telegraphed in his attacks. Conor will counter successfully and stop the fight by TKO. Those comments about RDA not being a true Brazilian definitely hit the mark.

My prediction. Conor comes out with a spinning kick to the gut.

and RDA ragdolls Conor for the first round then over extends in the second round and gets KOed stiff

Back