Home needs and Marriage

My wife does taxes and buys groceries. Sometimes she half ass cleans things.
Ah yes the taxes. My wife wont let me go near them.

Once again it's a smart divide I can assure you.

Depends on the week. If I pick up 30 hours OT I'm not likely to help with cooking/cleaning. If I dont then I do alot of it. Also we got a dog, 3 cats, and a baby so a lil different situation.

Depends on the week. If I pick up 30 hours OT I'm not likely to help with cooking/cleaning. If I dont then I do alot of it. Also we got a dog, 3 cats, and a baby so a lil different situation.
Do you work union refineries? The only folks I know that do 30 hrs of OT are doing 7 12s at the refineries

Good for you bro. I take care of the finance, maintenance, basically everything outside the home with the exception of kids. She takes care of the home. Very traditional.

Good for you bro. I take care of the finance, maintenance, basically everything outside the home with the exception of kids. She takes care of the home. Very traditional.
Traditional is good as well. As long as everyone knows there job and is happy with the split. It definitely works.

The wife does all the pink jobs. I take care of all the blue jobs.

Yeah, we just fell into those roles naturally.
Thts generally how it happens. People have strengths and weaknesses. For example I am good at making money bad at paying Bill's.

We saw this very early on. So she pays the Bills because we both know damn well il ignore it until something bad happens.

When you can recognize where your not solid and the other person is it makes for a great union.

This is how it should be. People helping, loving and understanding people. If you can make someone's day easier you should.

It's one of my things every day. I look for a way to improve my wifes day. Even if it's as simple as making her a cup of coffee when she is running late a small gesture goes such a long way to happiness of a relationship.
Lol.

In my home there is myself, my wife, 2 dogs (used to be 3 RIP Wizzle) and a cat.

I work from home, my wife works as a Manager for a financial institution.

I generally cook for my wife as I am home and am the better cook. I also clean a bit but she would rather be the one to clean as when I do she feels the need to clean anyway.

We split the shopping. I do the Costco stuff and she does the regular grocery store and dollar store stuff.

She wont step foot into a home depot and I refuse to go to the dollar store.

I do most of the home maintenance stuff IE: cleaning gutters, sweeping the chimney, yard care.

She does the touch up stuff like painting, refurbishing furniture, and such.

These differences basically make us one functioning team that without the other alot of stuff would probably just not get done.

To the Married folks is this about how it is for you? Or is it all a bit more one sided?
Sounds like bliss. I really hope that lasts forever for you guys.

Sounds like bliss. I really hope that lasts forever for you guys.
Thank you. Been going strong for 13 years. I'm sure kids will mess it all up lmao. Then we will find our new normal. Tis gonna be fun.

My soon to be wife cleans a lot more than I do but she's really OCD about it and I just assume she do it the way she wants to. But I cook 80 percent of the time because she's fucking terrible at it. I spend a lot of time making good stuff to eat because I like it and it's almost therapeutic for me.

We shop at Costco once a month together but rarely hit up the small stores together. She likes going to Sprouts and buying gross shit and I hit up Vons on my own to buy the smaller things I like.

My soon to be wife cleans a lot more than I do but she's really OCD about it and I just assume she do it the way she wants to. But I cook 80 percent of the time because she's fucking terrible at it. I spend a lot of time making good stuff to eat because I like it and it's almost therapeutic for me.

We shop at Costco once a month together but rarely hit up the small stores together. She likes going to Sprouts and buying gross shit and I hit up Vons on my own to buy the smaller things I like.
Essentially you are living my life lmao

Thank you. Been going strong for 13 years. I'm sure kids will mess it all up lmao. Then we will find our new normal. Tis gonna be fun.
I had what it sounds like you're living, bit for only a few years.

She has brought up that I see everything through rose rolored glasses because we apparently fought non stop. I never fought with her, I fucking rolled over and showed my belly any time there was a conflict and never once raised my voice or hand to her and never will.

I had what it sounds like you're living, bit for only a few years.

She has brought up that I see everything through rose rolored glasses because we apparently fought non stop. I never fought with her, I fucking rolled over and showed my belly any time there was a conflict and never once raised my voice or hand to her and never will.
Dont get me wrong we have disagreements but we have a iron clad rule.

If we are in a disagreement and one of the parties begins getting mean we will break from the conversation. Then circle back to it when heads cool off.

We used to just go at it but found we were causing unnecessary damage to each other hearts by just saying things in the heat of battle. Things which inevitably we would apologize for after everyone calmed down.

It made such a profound difference in how we felt the other cared that we never turned back.

In my home there is myself, my wife, 2 dogs (used to be 3 RIP Wizzle) and a cat.

I work from home, my wife works as a Manager for a financial institution.

I generally cook for my wife as I am home and am the better cook. I also clean a bit but she would rather be the one to clean as when I do she feels the need to clean anyway.

We split the shopping. I do the Costco stuff and she does the regular grocery store and dollar store stuff.

She wont step foot into a home depot and I refuse to go to the dollar store.

I do most of the home maintenance stuff IE: cleaning gutters, sweeping the chimney, yard care.

She does the touch up stuff like painting, refurbishing furniture, and such.

These differences basically make us one functioning team that without the other alot of stuff would probably just not get done.

To the Married folks is this about how it is for you? Or is it all a bit more one sided?
Who makes the most money and do either of you have independent hobbies? That definitely affects the relationship dynamic.

Who makes the most money and do either of you have independent hobbies? That definitely affects the relationship dynamic.
Yea for sure. I make more money. But she works more hours. Which I consider more important when divvying up the responsibilities.

On personal hobbies. MMA working out and fishing for me.

Sewing, watching Amazon prime content, and refurbishing furniture for her.

Sometimes she will go fishing with me as she loves being on the water but wont actually fish.

But man do we both love going to the lake. So much fun for all there.

We both work so we split most of the chores. Take turns cooking, but she does it more often. I fix anything that needs repairs and do the yard work etc. She does laundry (I'd never separate properly).

She just got a new job that pays a crazy amount and told me I can "retire" as soon as we pay off the mortgage. She's the best woman on earth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back