Home needs and Marriage

Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest
@Silver
Reaction score
In my home there is myself, my wife, 2 dogs (used to be 3 RIP Wizzle) and a cat.

I work from home, my wife works as a Manager for a financial institution.

I generally cook for my wife as I am home and am the better cook. I also clean a bit but she would rather be the one to clean as when I do she feels the need to clean anyway.

We split the shopping. I do the Costco stuff and she does the regular grocery store and dollar store stuff.

She wont step foot into a home depot and I refuse to go to the dollar store.

I do most of the home maintenance stuff IE: cleaning gutters, sweeping the chimney, yard care.

She does the touch up stuff like painting, refurbishing furniture, and such.

These differences basically make us one functioning team that without the other alot of stuff would probably just not get done.

To the Married folks is this about how it is for you? Or is it all a bit more one sided?

In my home there is myself, my wife, 2 dogs (used to be 3 RIP Wizzle) and a cat.

I generally cook for my wife as I am home and am the better cook. I also clean a bit but she would rather be the one to clean as when I do she feels the need to clean anyway.

We split the shopping. I do the Costco stuff and she does the regular grocery store and dollar store stuff.

I do most of the home maintenance stuff IE: cleaning gutters, sweeping the chimney, yard care.

These differences basically make us one functioning team that without the other alot of stuff would probably just not get done.

To the Married folks is this about how it is for you? Or is it all a bit more one sided?

Sounds like a solid team effort. Although my wife and I cover each other if we can't get to something important that needs doing. Like, my wife will obviously take the garbage out when I'm on duty. Or I'll go do some grocery shopping if I'm out and in the area of the store.

Every quality relationship is equal parts love, communication, and shared responsibility.
Good thread

Sounds like a solid team effort. Although my wife and I cover each other if we can't get to something important that needs doing. Like, my wife will obviously take the garbage out when I'm on duty. Or I'll go do some grocery shopping if I'm out and in the area of the store.
K so similar to my situation yep. Basically you have your unsaid individual jobs but if there ends up with overflow the other will pick it up?

If so solid way to be for sure

I don't know, let me get back to you when I get married, now about that wife.......

buds i love that your sherdog username is named after your dog !!

<Oku03><YayKpop><Oku03><YayKpop><Oku03><YayKpop>

buds i love that your sherdog username is named after your dog !!

<Oku03><YayKpop><Oku03><YayKpop><Oku03><YayKpop>
And il have you know never did a name change. Loved that dog an incredible amount. She was 12 when she passed. Her sister is still with me. No joke they were born on 4/20. Sister will be 13 and her mom is still with me at the ripe old age of 15.

These are extreme ages for pitbulls. I got seriously lucky.

I do a lot more of the work in our house but I get more days off each week than my wife. Plus her health isn't great and I'm okay apart from the heart scare so I tend to do more.

And il have you know never did a name change. Loved that dog an incredible amount. She was 12 when she passed. Her sister is still with me. No joke they were born on 4/20. Sister will be 13 and her mom is still with me at the ripe old age of 15.

These are extreme ages for pitbulls. I got seriously lucky.
That’s awesome to have sibling doggies.
I got a nearly 7 year old standard schnauzer named elvis. I’ll be gutted when it’s his time.

E36DE915-8AE4-4E59-A828-0D401CF8B604.jpeg

I do a lot more of the work in our house but I get more days off each week than my wife. Plus her health isn't great and I'm okay apart from the heart scare so I tend to do more.
This is how it should be. People helping, loving and understanding people. If you can make someone's day easier you should.

It's one of my things every day. I look for a way to improve my wifes day. Even if it's as simple as making her a cup of coffee when she is running late a small gesture goes such a long way to happiness of a relationship.

Seems a good arrangement.

Things do get difficult with children due to exhaustion and the time sensitive nature of their needs.

You can't call UberNanny when both exhausted.

Imo if you have any difficulty looking after yourselves fairly without kids, do not have them.

Who mows her lawn while you're in the kitchen?

And

Pics of your wife!

I'd say you definitely got it right.

My wife & I try to split the tasks based on what we do best and how much time we each have. Key word is try. With a couple kids in the mix, things are pretty fluid, sometimes I end up covering a bunch of stuff that she usually does and sometimes it's the other way around. It sometimes (often?) comes down to which one of us has the time available to do things when they need to get done. We try to plan and make things go smoothly but, well, kids. All plans kinda go out the window when your kid gets stuck 25' up in a tree and you need to figure out how the fuck to get her back down.

Me and my wife had a nice split of duties. We're still divorced though.

Me and my wife had a nice split of duties. We're still divorced though.
Unfortunately sometimes that what it takes to get the duties evenly split.

Basically how it was for my parents as well

My wife does taxes and buys groceries. Sometimes she half ass cleans things.

Back