home gym

groin striker

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
just interested in what you guys think of a home gym and how many of you have them? power rack etc! I wanted to get my self togeather a home gym because In the long run it will save me money and It will give me more time to do mma becasue I could basically do my lifting routine any time I weanted! it will set me back about

what are you planning on buying that would cost a grand? also you don't have to buy ever thing at once. You could start off with just a barbell and build from there. Since me gym membership ran out a few months back I have been mainly training with a sandbag I hae made and a few dumbells I have picked up. I am also in the process of making a medicine ball. I plan on eventually adding a barbell and rack etc but it will do for now.

yeah thats exactley what I was gona do do just build up my equpment gradually! well the power rack was around 300 the set of weights was about 250 barbell 100 heavey dumbells 200 and bench about 100! will have a look round to see if I can get anything cheaper! but that s pretty much it! i justed wanted to be able to do my routine when I like not by the gym times and overall it will save me money and i will a have more time to train mma! just wondering what every one fort abouth training at home!

Yeah, I train at home, the most important things would be a barbell, weights bench and heavy bag, although if you're going to use a heavy bag I cant recommend the Bas Rutten mma workout enough.

got bas rutten's work out tape its pretty intense, already got a heavey bag as well!

get a good flat bench that inclines, some good heavy dumbbells, and make yourself some heavy sandbags and you can have a complete gym for less that US$200 and save the rest.

If you want to get more get a pullup and dip station. Your looking to train for MMA not a powerlifting meet

Espo said:
New York Barbell!
may not be the bet idea for somebody in England.

Look, buy a power rack and the barbell and 400 lbs of weights now. that should keep you busy for long enough to save up money. Notice I didn't say bench was a high priority? You can focus on overhead presses until you have enough money for the bench, and the power rack will let you squat. it's the best 600 bucks you'll ever spend.

Urban said:
may not be the bet idea for somebody in England.

Look, buy a power rack and the barbell and 400 lbs of weights now. that should keep you busy for long enough to save up money. Notice I didn't say bench was a high priority? You can focus on overhead presses until you have enough money for the bench, and the power rack will let you squat. it's the best 600 bucks you'll ever spend.

will do!

ive seen power racks starting from 150 ish, 300lb olympic barbell set costs just over a 100, and a good bench about 60 up

peanut butter said:
ive seen power racks starting from 150 ish, 300lb olympic barbell set costs just over a 100, and a good bench about 60 up

just done a quick search on the net this morning, thought they were pretty expensive could You recomend any good places to get all of the above?

im still looking around, i think the prices might be deceving because i suspect the posting will cost a bomb, but u can get barbells and benches in local jjb's and places, though i think the power rack is another matter

yeah was gona just buy in stages anyway, will check those sites out and will check argos out too!

Trust me you're better off paying a bit extra and getting an Olympic Barbell set that'll last you well rather than some cheap bar that'll bend when you start stepping the weight up. If you're planning on having a whole home gym then it's worth the investment in the long run.

the home gym thing on ratz looks a bargain, is the barbell 300lb by the way

Funkster said:
Trust me you're better off paying a bit extra and getting an Olympic Barbell set that'll last you well rather than some cheap bar that'll bend when you start stepping the weight up. If you're planning on having a whole home gym then it's worth the investment in the long run.

tats why I was looking at around a grand!! good quality!

Back