1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Home Gym : Input requested

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Universal Champion, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Universal Champion Green Belt

Ok brain storming input requested. I want to put handles/grips on this curl yoke to use for hammer curls. The yoke is 1 inch pipe so it has about a ¾ inch inside diameter. I'm seeing something T or L shaped inserted into the ends. Any ideas ?

Right now my only idea is to get a wood dowel that fits snug into the end then screw another dowel onto it to form a "T" grip. But I'd prefer metal or ABS, maybe just put a rubber grip over the cross dowel before I attach ? Not sure just throwing darts & see what sticks ?!

[​IMG]

Crude concept visual lol

[​IMG]

2. Klaavical Red Belt

Go buy some 1" metal pipe at Metal Supermarket, cut two pieces six inches long and mig weld them 90 degrees on the end of the handles.

3. vision1 Purple Belt

Maybe not the answer you're looking for but you could just wrap a small towel around each handle. Hold the towel in your hand in the "hammer" position. Free, removable, and added grip emphasis.

4. genecop Gold Belt

Gas pipe, they have 90 Deg fittings, and threaded..