"Holy shit, Machida cutting weight !?" - Dana White

Coffee79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Here is Lyoto cutting a lot of water weight before his weigh in against Luke.

Machida WALKED AROUND at 185lbs for his fights against Munoz, Mousasi, and Weidman. After his loss to Weidman he decided to start cutting to 185lb from around 200lb walk around.

THIS IS WHY LYOTO HAS LOOKED SOFTER IN HIS FIGHTS AGAINST CB, LUKE AND ROMERO ! He weighed closer to 200lbs in these fights.

He was only 185lb against Mousasi.

You can't reason with sherdog.

Before I discuss, what point are you trying to prove?

He should balloon up and go to 205

Fatchida was amazing

Before I discuss, what point are you trying to prove?

Did you read my OP ! Lyoto looked more ripped in his fight against Mousasi because he fought at 185lb. He cut to 185lb against Luke to make weight and weighed closer to 200lb when he fought Luke.

Gross. That's some fucking dedication, but jeez, that's quite alot of shit to put yourself through.

I could never cut weight like that, I wouldn't want to at the least.

He's probably one of the guys in the gym where this is the hardest part for him, not the training just the weight cutting. Been awhile since I've seen a Countdown series so I may be wrong but this harsh ass clip makes it look that way.

Lyoto is the man.

I call bullshit, I am not accusing anyone but no one knows and you definitely don't know its all speculation but im gonna side with Gegard on this one. You don't go from a worldbeater to the way he looked vs rockhold. Now again maybe its the piss i don't know.

Machdia looked soft, slow and lethargic against Luke there was no pop to his stirkes....same can be said with Pettis.

I'll just leave it at that.

And the greasing?
715Cp5EOcaL._SL1500_.jpg

Machdia looked soft, slow and lethargic against Luke there was no pop to his stirkes....same can be said with Pettis.

I'll just leave it at that.

Why would he look cut when he's dropping 15lbs of water weight ?

He dieted to 185lb against Mousasi.

Did you read my OP ! Lyoto looked more ripped in his fight against Mousasi because he fought at 185lb. He cut to 185lb against Luke to make weight and weighed closer to 200lb when he fought Luke.

So basically you are still upset a day later over the PED accusations.

You are saying that he purposely gained weight for the fight with rockhold, and he was purposely fighting at a smaller weight for his previous fights.

Why would he look cut when he's dropping 15lbs of water weight ?

He dieted to 185lb against Mousasi.

What was the reason for the change? TBH it just doesn't make sense at all ...

I've followed Machida's entire career, leading up to the fight with Mousasi its been a slow gradual progression in his physique and I attributed that to hard work and hours and hours of dedication. We saw the most ripped - strong, fast, and explosive Machida when he faced Gegard Mousasi ...he was just devastating!

So when I heard the fight with Luke was going to happen I went into the fight thinking I'm going to see the same Machida we just saw who absolutely wrecked Gegard Mousasi ( A known top of the food chain fighter with great skill)..I was expecting to see the same Machda who just blasted Mark Munoz head off in no time.........but this fight was Machida's first fight since the new testing was put in place and holy shit! ....it was a totally different Machida, he was soft, drained, slow, no explosiveness....I won't accuse him of anything but as a long time fan of Machida it certainly raised red flags for this fan.

So a guy loses some motivation and puts on weight or tries to gain some muscle and puts on weight and gets accused of using PEDs.... Next thing you know people will be accusing BJ Penn of roiding because he looked ripped vs Stevenson and Sanchez but mostly looked fat and out of shape...

Back