Holy hell caffeine withdrawals are brutal

last summer when I got that bacterial infection and dropped done below 200lbs, I had to quit coffee for nearly 2 months. the first week to 10 days was terrible because of the withdrawals, some of the worst headaches I recall having as an adult. at times it felt as if my skin was crawling

I'm tempted to cut the wires off the kettle at home and inject concentrated COVID into my missus vein whilst she sleeps.

She's taking way too bloody long in Tescos.

I quit drinking caffeine cold turkey 3 days ago. I drank coffee at work all day long, mostly out of boredom, but I haven't been sleeping well and I thought quitting it altogether could help. I have had a brutal headache for two days now and it gets 10x worse anytime I do anything physical like exercise or even play video games. I just read this can last for up to 9 days!?!? I had no idea caffeine was this serious a drug.

Tldr: check your caffeine consumption. Withdrawals suck.
You need to wean yourself off. I went through what you went through when I quit coffee. I was fine after 5 days. The second time I quit I weaned myself by gradually mixing decaf with regular and adding a larger percentage of decaf every week until I was 100% decaf.

Slow taper bro. Caffeine tougher to quit than heroin.

I get pain in my lower back when I quit caffeine, google suggests it’s probably liver detox related but man is it weird

2 coffees a day these days and stop before lunch time, been meaning to stop completely for years

I have discovered Zyn pouches are so much better than caffeine. Instant energy boost without the jittery feeling of caffeine.

Plus you will have the hardest boners of your life it’s great.
Wait until you try and get off them!

I dont even drink coffee anymore I just eat the shit. Before I work out I eat 2 or 3 teaspoons of classic roast and wait for DA POWER TO KICK IN. This is as good or better than any pre workout stuff Ive tried and doesnt have all that bad stuff in it.

Just cut back to like 1 cup a day for a week , then every other day , then quit. Caffeine was not really tough for me.

Scariest to quit is weed as you get these crazy nightmares when I don't smoke for 5 days or more.

lol 9 days is nothing... I had to quit valium and cocaine at the same time and had the most horrible withdrawal symptoms for over a year. Felt like i was dying and had extreme panic attacks to the point it was a real challenge just to go to the supermarket. Spend at least 6 months almost exclusively on my couch. Was by far the worst ive ever felt in my life.
Thank god its more then 14 years ago already :)
I was on script opiods (Oxycodone) for about a year after a car accident a long time ago. Dr. Stopped the script after I was better. He told me to taper off gradually with what I had left but I ignored him.. I quit Oxy cold turkey and even though I tried I could find it elsewhere and I wasn't doing meth or Heroin so just white knuckles it for like a week . Roughest week ever . How these Dr's were scripting oxy like advil an getting away with it when it's so damn addicting physically . Such a terrible drug

Why the fuck did you stop cold turkey? You're supposed to reduce things gradually when quitting.

One withdrawal that i always found deceptively terrible is nasal spray. I always think "ehh, a stuffed nose doesn't hurt", but it's awfully distracting, and your mouth will feel disgusting when you wake up after a night of sleep with a stuffed nose.

Oh my god.... I was fucking HOOKED on nasal spray for years.
Years!

I was training between 4-6 days a week for a chunk of it. So I was even more dependent on it.

I literally couldn't leave the house without having it and panicking if I couldn't find it or ran out.

Sleep was the worst. If I did t have it I could barely breathe and if I did I'd wake up and have to use it every few hours.

My only advice I can think of is try to to not use it more than a few days. And if you're trying to cut it out.
Try only one side of your nose at a time.

Damn all of you are going to have heart attacks. I thought having two small cups in the morning was a lot. I dont drink any other caffeine or soda and usually dont have coffee on the weekends.

I'm going to guess that there's been a cumulative total of about 10 days over the last 25 years that I haven't had a coffee (or 2, 3, 4) for some reason or another (likely flu/sick).

Interestingly I'm also a person who rarely gets headaches either so that could be a rough quit....might graduate down through tea as @PG29 red0 Jr has suggested, seems sane!

I quit drinking caffeine cold turkey 3 days ago. I drank coffee at work all day long, mostly out of boredom, but I haven't been sleeping well and I thought quitting it altogether could help. I have had a brutal headache for two days now and it gets 10x worse anytime I do anything physical like exercise or even play video games. I just read this can last for up to 9 days!?!? I had no idea caffeine was this serious a drug.

Tldr: check your caffeine consumption. Withdrawals suck.

Kind of stupid to go cold turkey. Why may I ask did you do that?

I eased off coffee by switching to black tea. Then once I was comfortable with that I switched to green tea. Then I cut to 1 cup a day. Then I quit entirely. No ill effects at all.

Oh my god.... I was fucking HOOKED on nasal spray for years.
Years!

I was training between 4-6 days a week for a chunk of it. So I was even more dependent on it.

I literally couldn't leave the house without having it and panicking if I couldn't find it or ran out.

Sleep was the worst. If I did t have it I could barely breathe and if I did I'd wake up and have to use it every few hours.

My only advice I can think of is try to to not use it more than a few days. And if you're trying to cut it out.
Try only one side of your nose at a time.
The one side solution was also how i got off of it. It's still annoying but it doesn't ruin your day at least. In a way, nasal spray works just a bit too well. One moment, your nose is completely swollen shut, and within 5 seconds, you can just breathe absolutely beautifully well for the next few hours. It's so satisfying that even when you can bear the withdrawal it's a seductive thought taking just a puff. For me, it was especially terrible when i woke up at night, because it's really the decision between not being able to fall asleep again properly and just giving in but dozing off like a baby within a minute.

The first couple of months, i didn't even try to quit because i didn't consider nasal spray addiction a real problem. I decided to quit when i read an interview with a doctor who had patients hooked on nasal spray for decades, and their inner nasal membranes resembled a chemical burn victim or a hardcore cocaine addict.

I quit preworkouts for a month and it was terrible

Kind of stupid to go cold turkey. Why may I ask did you do that?

I eased off coffee by switching to black tea. Then once I was comfortable with that I switched to green tea. Then I cut to 1 cup a day. Then I quit entirely. No ill effects at all.
I just thought it was affecting my sleep too much. I'd rather just get it over with. Day 4 or 5 now and my headache has reduced drastically.

Back