Holm vs Rousey and Conor vs Khabib. The interesting parallels. As they say "history repeats itself"

-I know Khabib competes in the most stacked division in MMA history, but it's pointless to really credit Khabib when Khabib hasn't fought the best at LW - and when Khabib has NO wins over any currently top 5 ranked LWs

- Yes, Khabib has beaten strikers, but he's never beaten an elite striker as elite as Conor. Rousey herself KOd some strikers until she met a truly elite one.

The most honest comparison you could make to Khabib is Rousey. Both are world class grapplers who seemed indestructible due to matchmaking (again, even though Khabib is in the most stacked division in MMA, just look at how many top LWs Khabib avoided or never fought)

Rousey dominated with grappling just like Khabib

Even though Rousey beat strikers she had never faced anyone with the striking and striking experience of Holm.

Does that ring a bell?

That's exactly like Conor vs Khabib

Even though Khabib has beaten some good strikers he has never faced anyone with the elite striking of Conor and world class experience of Conor

People like to rag on Conor, but Conor has fought and beaten nothing but the absolute best of the best in MMA. Holloway, Aldo, Mendes, Alvarez, Poirier etc

Conor even shared the ring with the best in boxing, and went 10 rounds

The kind of experiences Conor has gained and has, is the kind of experience you can never just get on your own, train for, or prepare for

Khabib has never experienced the highest level of MMA

While Conor has for most of his career

Khabib has never experienced sharing the ring with any master, in any one craft, like Conor just did sharing the ring with Floyd, and going a 10 hard rounds in boxing (which by the way means Conor's cardio is going to be on another level now returning to MMA)

Once Ronda went up against Holm she was drowned out by Holm's experience. She had no clue what to do

Khabib has never experienced the highest level, he's never fought anyone even remotely as skilled of a striker as Conor is

How is he going to handle Conor's footwork, counter punching, fight IQ, experience. Just look to what happened to Rousey the first time she had to deal with a truly elite striker who had footwork and counter punching. The similarities are erie.

And both Holm and Conor are the underdogs

While both Holm and Conor are hungry, training with fire, and taking Rousey/Khabib as seriously as possible to expose them

I get where you are coming from, but there's an important difference. Rousey fell in love with her striking after scoring some KOs and tried to stand with one of the very best female strikers in Holly Holm. Khabib hasn't fallen in love with his striking. He utilizes his strengths. That's not to say he doesn't take risks and Chase guys down with sloppy striking though. As others have pointed out, Conor will find his chin. The question is, how well will his chin hold up? Long enough to get a takedown each round?

U again?...i new as soon as the fight was announced id have to deal with this shit again...
Hoping MODS step in and delete this clown sooner then later. Then hell just come back as somebody else. Notorious Millions , Skillspaythebills, Boxingissomething, its all the same guy.

Neither does Conor

Neither has Conor faced an elite grappler, at least one who is his size and has more than 10 days notice. Despite that, Mendes showed some success in out grappling Conor.

How many top LWs has Conor fought/never fought?

Grappling is a catch all term for many different disciplines. Khabib certainly has more of a varied grappling arsenal than Rousey. The talent pool he faces is also infinitely deeper than what Ronda was facing.

Even though Conor has beaten a wrestler who was smaller than him and wasn't even peaking physically on fight night, he's never faced anyone with the grappling experience of Khabib.

Even though Conor has beaten some good strikers he has never faced anyone with the elite grappling of Khabib and world class experience of Khabib. See? I can play these silly games too.

You can't claim to be knowledgeable about boxing, Mr. Boxingislife, and not understand that Floyd basically carried Conor and made him look like an absolute idiot in what amounts to a half-assed sparring match.

I'm not even going to continue with the rest as it is so incredibly simplistic and uninspiring.

You would appear much more believable if your posts weren't so ridiculously one-sided, but as it stands, you really come across as a pseudo-intellectual wannabe who has never seen the inside of a gym, and uses this persona you've created to feed some rabid teeny-bopper obsession with Conor McGregor.
Flawless victory

-I know Khabib competes in the most stacked division in MMA history, but it's pointless to really credit Khabib when Khabib hasn't fought the best at LW - and when Khabib has NO wins over any currently top 5 ranked LWs

- Yes, Khabib has beaten strikers, but he's never beaten an elite striker as elite as Conor. Rousey herself KOd some strikers until she met a truly elite one.

The most honest comparison you could make to Khabib is Rousey. Both are world class grapplers who seemed indestructible due to matchmaking (again, even though Khabib is in the most stacked division in MMA, just look at how many top LWs Khabib avoided or never fought)

Rousey dominated with grappling just like Khabib

Even though Rousey beat strikers she had never faced anyone with the striking and striking experience of Holm.

Does that ring a bell?

So

That's exactly like Conor vs Khabib

Even though Khabib has beaten some good strikers he has never faced anyone with the elite striking of Conor and world class experience of Conor

People like to rag on Conor, but Conor has fought and beaten nothing but the absolute best of the best in MMA. Holloway, Aldo, Mendes, Alvarez, Poirier etc

Conor even shared the ring with the best in boxing, and went 10 rounds

The kind of experiences Conor has gained and has, is the kind of experience you can never just get on your own, train for, or prepare for

Khabib has never experienced the highest level of MMA

While Conor has for most of his career

Khabib has never experienced sharing the ring with any master, in any one craft, like Conor just did sharing the ring with Floyd, and going a 10 hard rounds in boxing (which by the way means Conor's cardio is going to be on another level now returning to MMA)

Once Ronda went up against Holm she was drowned out by Holm's experience. She had no clue what to do

Khabib has never experienced the highest level, he's never fought anyone even remotely as skilled of a striker as Conor is

How is he going to handle Conor's footwork, counter punching, fight IQ, experience. Just look to what happened to Rousey the first time she had to deal with a truly elite striker who had footwork and counter punching. The similarities are erie.

And both Holm and Conor are the underdogs

While both Holm and Conor are hungry, training with fire, and taking Rousey/Khabib as seriously as possible to expose them

So , Khabib is Ronda and Mcdouche is Holm huh??....jesus, this place is getting more retarded with the day. Something needs to be done for fuck sake.

Rhonda was told she was an elite striker and bought into it. Khabib knows his strengths.

Floyd was way past his prime and carried the fight extra rounds.

Max and Dustin hadn't evolved into the monsters they have become. Max in particular is a VERY different fighter.

Conor avoided guys like Edgar who are bad matchups. Mendes had less than 2 weeks to prepare and was dominating Conor on the ground despite giving up a ton of size.

Khabib has fought RDA. UNDEFEATED.

keep trying.

Nurmagomedov is not Rousey.
No duh. No 2 people are ever exactly alike

But you would have to be in extreme denial to deny the similarities between them, and the similarities between Holm vs Rousey and Conor vs Khabib

Last edited:
Neither does Conor

Take a look at the top 5 rankings. Conor has 2 wins over top 5 currently ranked LWs (Porier and Alvarez)

Khabib has ZERO

That's the point

Not only has Conor actually fought and beaten more elite LWs then Khabib has, when you compare resumes it's not even close. Conor has far superior wins and has beaten far superior fighters

Conor has championship experience that Khabib does not have

helltoupee said:
Neither has Conor faced an elite grappler, at least one who is his size and has more than 10 days notice. Despite that, Mendes showed some success in out grappling Conor.

Holloway is an elite grappler who was bigger then Conor who Conor out grappled

Also, Mendes's lack of height was actually a huge advantage against Conor. Lower center of gravity alowed him to get in on Conor's hips much easier

Khabib being taller means he will have a much harder time getting in on Conor's hips

Neither is Khabib even close to the athletic wrestler that Mendes is

Mendes's blast power double is among the best in MMA history

Khabib does not have blast doubles like Mendes, and himself is much more of a clinch wrestler who gets the job done due to his relentless nature.

Fighters have still been able to disengage from Khabib and or survive his wrestling.

Meanwhile only Nate has ever been able to survive Conor's striking

Conor is the far more effective more dangerous fighter ever

helltoupee said:
How many top LWs has Conor fought/never fought?

Nate/Poirier/Alvarez

Those 3 have all been ranked within the top 5 for a year now (Porier and Alvarez still so)

Meanwhile Johnson/Barboza are no longer top 5

Khabib never fought Poirier/Alvarez/Nate/Gathje/Pettis/Melendez/Benson/Ferguson/Thomspon ...just off the top of my head.

It's actually MIND BLOWING how many top LWs Khabib NEVER FOUGHT

Like I said, Khabib like Ronda is the product of matchmaking

Khabib has been living off his win over a pre-prime RDA for a decade now

helltoupee said:
Grappling is a catch all term for many different disciplines. Khabib certainly has more of a varied grappling arsenal than Rousey. The talent pool he faces is also infinitely deeper than what Ronda was facing.
I never said that Ronda and Khabib are an exact replica of each other

Both things you said are true. That's true

However I explained why I feel you really can't credit Khabib when he hasn't faced so many of the elite at 155

Khabib and Ronda are not the same person, but there are similarities, many of which I have pointed out

And it's much more so about the similarity of matchup between Ronda vs Holm and Khabib vs Conor

helltoupee said:
Even though Conor has beaten a wrestler who was smaller than him and wasn't even peaking physically on fight night, he's never faced anyone with the grappling experience of Khabib.

How quickly it's ignored that Conor took Mendes on on short notice after preparing for Aldo.

Or how Conor had a severe knee injury and still beat Mendes on short notice

Connor has only improved by leaps and Bounds since that Mendes fight

Mendes style of wrestling is much different to Khabib's

helltoupee said:
Even though Conor has beaten some good strikers he has never faced anyone with the elite grappling of Khabib and world class experience of Khabib. See? I can play these silly games too.

Except Khabib doesn't have the world class experience

The whole point is that Conor does, while Khabib doesn't.

Khabib will have no idea what it's like until he gets into the ring against Conor, the same Rousey had no idea what it was like until she got in the ring against Holm

Go ahead and tell me how many 5 round fights Khabib has had to prepare for in comparison to Conor

Tell me who has had more championship fights?

Tell me who has a better resume?

Exactly: )

helltoupee said:
You can't claim to be knowledgeable about boxing, Mr. Boxingislife, and not understand that Floyd basically carried Conor and made him look like an absolute idiot in what amounts to a half-assed sparring match.

And I was actually beginning to take you serious. That's when you lost credibility

Don't take it from me. Take it from actual boxers who know boxing

George Foreman

Klitschko

SRL

Errol Spence

Amir Khan

GGG

And there's even more I can link. You want me to keep going?

All of them praising Conor's boxing skill and or his performance against Floyd

Im not going to even get into the last part of your post as it was just strawmans, ad hominems/insults

The points I made, I made. Refer to them.

"The truth offends"

@PROlogic
We get it. You hate Khabib and think he's overrated.

You love Conor and think he is a top 3 all time fighter.

But seriously, nobody gives a fuck about your opinions anymore, so stop making these stupid, pointless threads. Both men are scheduled to fight each other in October. We will see for ourselves who is truly better.

Nate/Poirier/Alvarez

Those 3 have all been ranked within the top 5 for a year now (Porier and Alvarez still so)

Lol have you been smoking crack? Nate Diaz has never been top 5 LW let alone this past year. And how could he have been ranked higher this last year when he didn't fight at all, and his last two fights in 2016 were at welterweight?

At first it seemed like you knew your stuff, but now it's clear you're a mcnuthugger and should go troll elsewhere.

And there you go again. Completely shitting on a great fighter just to praise Conor.

is khabib stupid enough to try and trade with a superior striker? i highly doubt it, but you never know with fighters.

I don't think Ronda was laughing at homeless people, tbh she was kinda homeless at some point.

Prologic on conor?! Let me read that shit.

said nobody. ever

Lol have you been smoking crack? Nate Diaz has never been top 5 LW let alone this past year. And how could he have been ranked higher this last year when he didn't fight at all, and his last two fights in 2016 were at welterweight?

At first it seemed like you knew your stuff, but now it's clear you're a mcnuthugger and should go troll elsewhere.

There you go.

Don't speak reckless when you don't even have a clue

Spend less time typing away and more time educating yourself.

It's always Conor haters calling others Conor fanboys. Rich

As it's been mentioned, similar but you can't compare. Rousey was good at getting the clinch for a throw to bring the fight to her strength, but had no established far out takedown.

Khabib doesn't have that same issue. Holly negated the clinch, and made Rousey look like a fish out of water.

Unless Conor has some next level takedown defense, and not from just one, but multiple takedown strung together, he will have issues.

There you go.

Don't speak reckless when you don't even have a clue

Spend less time typing away and more time educating yourself.

It's always Conor haters calling others Conor fanboys. Rich

You actually contradicted yourself with your video. Last time Diaz was top 5 was in November 2016, which is almost 2 years ago, yet you stated that Diaz has been ranked top 5 for a year or so, or within a year or so, just so you don't contradict yourself again accidentally.

Again you're assuming I am a Conor hater when infact I've probably followed Conor for much longer than you and have been a fan since his debut vs Brimage.
Go use your PRO logic elsewhere buddy, that casual shit ain't gonna cut it here.

I guess history did repeat itself only it turned out Conor was Ronda you fucking idiot

I love this idea that Conor is an elite striker but Edson Barboza isn't lol.

Oh, but Edson only has kicks they say.

Well Conor clearly has an amazing arsenal of strikes that I must not know about because I've only ever seen him win UFC fights with left hand straights. I must be missing something.

Back