Holm two years ago...

Yea how about a 23 page thread.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/why-cyborg-holly-holm-not-ufc-real-reasons-2713249/

So Holms shouldn't have gotten the fight? She's not legit?

- Ronda has beaten 6 out of the 9 remaining Top 10 fighters. The only other two are Nunes and Eye. Nunes got MURKED by Zingano and Eye just got beat by Tate. So Holly makes the most sense.

- Holly started training MMA before Ronda

- Holly is undefeated in MMA just like Ronda

- Holly is a far more decorated fighter in combat sports than Ronda is:

WBF Female World Light Welterweight Championship

WBF Female World Welterweight Championship

2012 Female Fighter of the Year

2012 Female Fight of the Year vs. Anne Sophie Mathis on June 15

WBAN World Welterweight Championship

WBAN World Junior Welterweight Championship

WBAN World Junior Middleweight Championship

2012 Biggest Comeback of the Year

2011 Fight of the Year vs. Anne Sophie Mathis

2010 Fighter of the Year

2009 Most Accomplished of the Year

2008 Highest Achievements of the Year

2007 Fighter of the Year

2007 Most Improved Boxer of the Year

2006 Most Improved Boxer of the Year

2005 Hottest Rising Star of the Year

2005 Upset of the Year vs. Christy Martin on September 16

WBC Female World Welterweight Championship

NABF Female Light Welterweight Championship

GBU World Welterweight Championship

WIBA World Light Welterweight Championship

WIBA World Welterweight Championship

IFBA World Welterweight Championship

IFBA World Light Middleweight Championship

2006 Fighter of the Year

WBA Female World Welterweight Championship

IBA Female World Welterweight Championship

IBA Female World Light Welterweight Championship

AwakeningFighters.com
2012 AOCA / Awakening Outstanding Contribution Award

BadLeftHook.com
2012 Female Comeback Fighter of the Year

The Ring
2006 Female Fighter of the Year
2005 Female Fighter of the Year

New Mexico Boxing
2013 Hall of Fame Inductee
2010 Fighter of the Year
2009 Fighter of the Year
2008 Fighter of the Year
2007 Fighter of the Year
2006 Fighter of the Year
2005 Fighter of the Year

Albuquerque Sports Hall of Fame
2005 Female Athlete of the Year

I give Holm all the props in the world for her boxing accolades, but boxing accolades don't always translate to MMA and currently this boxing world champion is looking really mediocre in the UFC and at almost 34 years old looking mediocre doesn't really excite me for what the future holds for her.

Ronda is a fright train against top 10 fighters, Holm is looking mediocre against non top 10 fighters.

So no she's not "legit" when it comes to a title shot. However after the UFC gave somebody like Bethe a shot, then why not for Holm lol

They are going to milk Ronda for as much money they can before making the cyborg fight. Once ronda fights (and beats) cyborg, there won't be any competitors for her to face and she will probably retire.
The UFC are making a lot of Money from rondas PPVs so might as well line up a few cans for her to fight l

I also think they want to see Christiana Santos make the cut down to 135 with a prior fight before promoting a fight with Ronda. That would be a lot of money to spend on a PPV headliner / co-headliner for someone to not be able to make weight. Cyborg herself has said its too difficult for here to fight at 135. However, there is no way Ronda is going to go to Invicta to fight the 145 champ there.

^^^OK clueless Dana Shill with 0 brain cells.^^^

You do realize Rousey dropped a weight class when she was next in line to fight Cyborg in Strikeforce? You do realize when Rousey dropped down a weight class and won the championship she said she needed a few fights before she would fight Cyborg, right? So who ran from who now? That's right it was Rousey dumbass. I just proved my point you're a fuk'in SHILL for the UFC. Enough said I'm finished wasting my time with you SHILL!

Cry more child, WAAH SHILL WAAH.. your father would be embarrassed

It is well documented and proven that Ronda dropped to 135 to fight Cyborg in a champ vs champ fight in strikeforce
http://www.mmaweekly.com/ronda-rousey-out-to-make-a-statement

Cyborg herself even confirmed it
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/9/29...on-upheld-strikeforce-ronda-rousey-female-mma

But sure, in a typical idiotic fashion I bet you won''t even bother checking sources, you'll probably even ignore their existence and regurgitate the same nonsense in another thread

You lose once again, you have the intellect of a child

You are retarded TS as nobody ever said that about Holm....but there are many people who are saying that Cyborg will beat Ronda and she would.

Ronda ducked Cyborg in Strikeforce and ducks her in the UFC.

You are retarded TS as nobody ever said that about Holm....but there are many people who are saying that Cyborg will beat Ronda and she would.

Ronda ducked Cyborg in Strikeforce and ducks her in the UFC.

Cyborg ran from UFC

Try again

EDIT: fuck why am I even bothering with you, you are the laughing stock of Sherdog.. new Alexandergreat3

skold pwning fools itt

Its what I do

giphy.gif

Yes people thought Holm would be legit before she came to the UFC, but then she came to the UFC. People thought the same stuff about Dennis Kang, Giblert, Eddie Alverez, etc.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/why-cyborg-holly-holm-not-ufc-real-reasons-2713249/

- Ronda has beaten 6 out of the 9 remaining Top 10 fighters. The only other two are Nunes and Eye. Nunes got MURKED by Zingano and Eye just got beat by Tate. So Holly makes the most sense.

2010 Fighter of the Year

2007 Fighter of the Year

2006 Fighter of the Year

AwakeningFighters.com

BadLeftHook.com

The Ring

New Mexico Boxing
2010 Fighter of the Year
2009 Fighter of the Year
2008 Fighter of the Year
2007 Fighter of the Year
2006 Fighter of the Year
2005 Fighter of the Year

Who's giving out those awards?

2002 athlete of the year (Indiana Basin Silt university.)

I'm still supporting Holly. Then and now. I definitely wouldn't put money on her to win, but these people who have seen one or 2 UFC fights (which were wins) and think they know everything about the fighter are sickening. I guess that's what sherdoggers mean by "zuffa zombie."

The problem with Holm is that she is incredibly gunshy to throw her hands so far.

The fight can still be interesting if only because she has good footwork and more general combat experience than most of Ronda's opponents, who choked under pressure. I think this can go a few rounds.

2010 Fighter of the Year

2007 Fighter of the Year

2006 Fighter of the Year

AwakeningFighters.com

BadLeftHook.com

The Ring

New Mexico Boxing
2010 Fighter of the Year
2009 Fighter of the Year
2008 Fighter of the Year
2007 Fighter of the Year
2006 Fighter of the Year
2005 Fighter of the Year

It's amazing how it's nothing but crickets and nerves NOW for supposed Holm fans who were begging for this fight before she got horribly exposed as a mediocre fighter in the UFC.

Last edited:
I hate to throw the "Don't appreciate good striking" trope but I think a lot of the people shitting on Holm don't appreciate a good defensive technician. I can't sit here and say she's a world beater or terribly exciting, but her last fight was just about as close to flawless in a decision as you can get. She ate that girl up and took close to no damage in return. She's not aggressive but her defense is top notch and her ability to stay at range could give Ronda fits. It probably won't given Ronda's track record, but its an elite technical aspect of the game we haven't seen Ronda have to deal with before. Which is what peaks my interest.

I saw her last non UFC fight live when she head kick ko'd her opponent. I thought so too

Because he knows his golden girl will get crushed just like Gina Carano did by Cyborg. Dana would rather promote a pretty face instead of the women that breaks faces.

Is that why Dana offered Cyborg a fight with Ronda? Cyborg refused, and wanted PPV points/big money to fight someone other than Ronda. Dana refused and Cyborg refused to fight Ronda and asked to be released.

Because he knows his golden girl will get crushed just like Gina Carano did by Cyborg. Dana would rather promote a pretty face instead of the women that breaks faces.

Ronda looks pretty AND breaks faces. Not to mention she'd rape Cyborg inside a round.

I was not on the Holm wagon 2 years ago, but its clear that Holm just needs to get comfortable in the octagon, its pretty bad when she's a former champ in striking, yet has looked very lackluster in that department in the UFC. She may pose a challenge for Ronda, but its too soon for this match up. I would say 2 more fights before a shot, but oh well, the fight is happening, hopefully she's at least prepared, though I think she's gonna get wrecked in about a minute.

LOL a blind Dana follower.

^^^^LMFAO at the Dana SHILL^^^^

/white knight

She ran just like how all fighters who turn down fights "ran" according to Dana.

^^^OK clueless Dana Shill with 0 brain cells.^^^

You do realize Rousey dropped a weight class when she was next in line to fight Cyborg in Strikeforce? You do realize when Rousey dropped down a weight class and won the championship she said she needed a few fights before she would fight Cyborg, right? So who ran from who now? That's right it was Rousey dumbass. I just proved my point you're a fuk'in SHILL for the UFC. Enough said I'm finished wasting my time with you SHILL!

I always love the haters comments..

People bitched how Bethe did not deserve to fight Ronda.
Bethe was 8-0 at the time and had fought pro for 3 years.

Somehow Ronda at 4-0 and fighting pro for less than a year and less than 5min in the cage (thats includes her ama fights) was good enough to fight the GOAT P4P best female fighter ever.

Ronda came out and announced she would drop weight in Nov in dec Cyborg came out and said she would drop weight too and go for the belt at 135.
One did it the other not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back