Holm two years ago...

Baba Ghanoush

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Was considered one of the two blessed saviors for the Ronda haters. With accusations that the UFC was protecting Ronda and would never sign her. All convinced Ronda was no challenge for her and that she would win decisively.

Oh how the times have changed lol. Where are these people now?

WMMA is more than just Ronda.

Holly winning is good for WMMA, good for MMA in general.

People really thought Holm was legit?

LOL, I know right.

21056603.jpg

Was considered one of the two blessed saviors for the Ronda haters. With accusations that the UFC was protecting Ronda and would never sign her. All convinced Ronda was no challenge for her and that she would win decisively.

Oh how the times have changed lol. Where are these people now?

We all saw her fight in the UFC and realized how underwhelming she is.

The real question is, why does Dana give us yet another fight that we don't want? Nobody wants to see a 3rd Tate fight, and nobody wants to see Holm get tapped 10 seconds after Rousey takes her down.

If Dana is so convinced Rousey-Cyborg will do 2 million PPV buys, why not give us that fight Super Bowl weekend? That's only a month after Rousey-Holm is scheduled.

Well I'm excited for this, I'm a huge Holly holm fan who gives her all of a 10% chance of victory. She's got better hands than Ronda, so I'm hoping that Ronda's aggressive forward style is what sets up a counter combo to get a tko.. she does train with JJ's so who knows

The real question is, why does Dana give us yet another fight that we don't want? Nobody wants to see a 3rd Tate fight, and nobody wants to see Holm get tapped 10 seconds after Rousey takes her down.

If Dana is so convinced Rousey-Cyborg will do 2 million PPV buys, why not give us that fight Super Bowl weekend? That's only a month after Rousey-Holm is scheduled.

Because he knows his golden girl will get crushed just like Gina Carano did by Cyborg. Dana would rather promote a pretty face instead of the women that breaks faces.

They are going to milk Ronda for as much money they can before making the cyborg fight. Once ronda fights (and beats) cyborg, there won't be any competitors for her to face and she will probably retire.
The UFC are making a lot of Money from rondas PPVs so might as well line up a few cans for her to fight l

They want as much big fights as possible for UFC 200. If something wrong happens with Cyborg then Tate will fill in for her.

Well I'm excited for this, I'm a huge Holly holm fan who gives her all of a 10% chance of victory. She's got better hands than Ronda, so I'm hoping that Ronda's aggressive forward style is what sets up a counter combo to get a tko.. she does train with JJ's so who knows

To say she has better hands is subjective being that this is MMA and Ronda is better almost anywhere. Rousey is simply so superior and more powerful a threat that I wouldn't be surprised to see her drop Holm by sheer physicality once the two face off. Most likely it will go to the ground quickly, but who knows....

Because he knows his golden girl will get crushed just like Gina Carano did by Cyborg. Dana would rather promote a pretty face instead of the women that breaks faces.

Dana has tried to make Cyborg Ronda fight several times, CYBORG ASKED TO BE RELEASED FROM UFC

SHE ACTUALLY RAN FROM UFC

Get your head out of your ass and never post on this topic again

Dana has tried to make Cyborg Ronda fight several times, CYBORG ASKED TO BE RELEASED FROM UFC

LOL a blind Dana follower.

LOL a blind Dana follower.

Lol typical response from someone who has nothing to counter it

Is there anything untrue in my statement? Did Dana try to make this fight happen? Yes he did. Did Cyborg ask to be released from her UFC contract? Yes she did.

You lose, thanks for playing

^^^^LMFAO at the Dana SHILL^^^^

^^^^LMFAO at the Dana SHILL^^^^

Typical response from a guy who has no argument. People like you confirm the stereotype of MMA fan stupidity.

You lose, thanks for playing better luck next time.

/white knight

She ran just like how all fighters who turn down fights "ran" according to Dana.

/white knight

She ran just like how all fighters who turn down fights "ran" according to Dana.

So Cyborg turned down a fight with Ronda, yet Ronda is the one ducking her?
Were you dropped on your head as a child?

I love how "white knight" and "UFC shill" are go-to responses from the idiots. Basically, if you have anything positive to say about Ronda or the UFC, you are a white knight and a shill?

People really thought Holm was legit?

Yea how about a 23 page thread.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/why-cyborg-holly-holm-not-ufc-real-reasons-2713249/

So Holms shouldn't have gotten the fight? She's not legit?

- Ronda has beaten 6 out of the 9 remaining Top 10 fighters. The only other two are Nunes and Eye. Nunes got MURKED by Zingano and Eye just got beat by Tate. So Holly makes the most sense.

- Holly started training MMA before Ronda

- Holly is undefeated in MMA just like Ronda

- Holly is a far more decorated fighter in combat sports than Ronda is:

WBF Female World Light Welterweight Championship

WBF Female World Welterweight Championship

2012 Female Fighter of the Year

2012 Female Fight of the Year vs. Anne Sophie Mathis on June 15

WBAN World Welterweight Championship

WBAN World Junior Welterweight Championship

WBAN World Junior Middleweight Championship

2012 Biggest Comeback of the Year

2011 Fight of the Year vs. Anne Sophie Mathis

2010 Fighter of the Year

2009 Most Accomplished of the Year

2008 Highest Achievements of the Year

2007 Fighter of the Year

2007 Most Improved Boxer of the Year

2006 Most Improved Boxer of the Year

2005 Hottest Rising Star of the Year

2005 Upset of the Year vs. Christy Martin on September 16

WBC Female World Welterweight Championship

NABF Female Light Welterweight Championship

GBU World Welterweight Championship

WIBA World Light Welterweight Championship

WIBA World Welterweight Championship

IFBA World Welterweight Championship

IFBA World Light Middleweight Championship

2006 Fighter of the Year

WBA Female World Welterweight Championship

IBA Female World Welterweight Championship

IBA Female World Light Welterweight Championship

AwakeningFighters.com
2012 AOCA / Awakening Outstanding Contribution Award

BadLeftHook.com
2012 Female Comeback Fighter of the Year

The Ring
2006 Female Fighter of the Year
2005 Female Fighter of the Year

New Mexico Boxing
2013 Hall of Fame Inductee
2010 Fighter of the Year
2009 Fighter of the Year
2008 Fighter of the Year
2007 Fighter of the Year
2006 Fighter of the Year
2005 Fighter of the Year

Albuquerque Sports Hall of Fame
2005 Female Athlete of the Year

Lol typical response from someone who has nothing to counter it

Is there anything untrue in my statement? Did Dana try to make this fight happen? Yes he did. Did Cyborg ask to be released from her UFC contract? Yes she did.

You lose, thanks for playing

^^^OK clueless Dana Shill with 0 brain cells.^^^

You do realize Rousey dropped a weight class when she was next in line to fight Cyborg in Strikeforce? You do realize when Rousey dropped down a weight class and won the championship she said she needed a few fights before she would fight Cyborg, right? So who ran from who now? That's right it was Rousey dumbass. I just proved my point you're a fuk'in SHILL for the UFC. Enough said I'm finished wasting my time with you SHILL!

Back