Holly is terrified of Ronda's ground game. Should she be more worried...

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
...about Ronda's 1-punch KO power?

Discuss.

giphy.gif

She should train nothing but grappling for this fight. She'll still lose though.

She should train nothing but grappling for this fight. She'll still lose though.

Focusing on your opponents strong suit is a mistake. She won't be able to bridge that gap enough in 5 training camps, never-mind one. She should find a way to win with her skill set. Holly May be able to use her footwork and her experience with controlling the distance to circle Rousey all night while touching her with da jab.

This is like JDS VS Cain.

When JDS becomes too obsessed with Cain's wrestling and freezed up his striking. Now some people believe Cain is the better striker because he outstriked JDS in the last 2 fights. I won't be surprised if this happens to Holly.

...about Ronda's 1-punch KO power?

Discuss.
giphy.gif
Ah yes. The famous video of Ronda standing over her fallen opponents limp body and and yelling "don't cry".

MMA "journalism" at it's finest.

Ah yes. The famous video of Ronda standing over her fallen opponents limp body and and yelling "don't cry".

MMA "journalism" at it's finest.

You know what really made me upset, is when the gotcha journalists videotaped Ronda throwing the flip off bird with both hands to Tate as she got to the top of the rope during UF.

"Journalism" indeed. Just who do they think they are, trying to make Ronda look bad?
There oughta be a law.

Focusing on your opponents strong suit is a mistake. She won't be able to bridge that gap enough in 5 training camps, never-mind one. She should find a way to win with her skill set. Holly May be able to use her footwork and her experience with controlling the distance to circle Rousey all night while touching her with da jab.

totally agree. she needs a strategy that involves her striking to stop Ronda's aggression early, like using oblique kicks to dissuade Ronda's forward pressure and using her jabs and left hooks to start chipping away since Ronda is susceptible to left punches

Who said Holly was terrified of Ronda's ground game? Where the fuck is this coming from, or are you just making shit up.

Do Ronda really has a one punch KO power? she overwhelmed Betch with strikes then the KO landed if I remember.

I do think Holly will be worried with that too.

I actually think Ronda beats Holly in a standup fight too... Holly has very little power and Ronda has a ton of it (for a woman)... I see Holm landing more but Rousey getting the finish.

My bet is she bullrushes her to the fence and clinch strikes her a few times before getting the trip and armbarring her.

Only fight I was worried Rousey may lose was Cat... Until Cyborg I don't see anyone beating her other than maybe a really fortunate punch from Nunes.

No she should train TDD and armbar escapes but the vast majority should be octagon control and counter striking rondas basic swarmer boxing style .

Nope. Ronda is just gonna bull-rush in there and grab Holly, throw her to the ground and tap her within the first minute.

Ronda is scared of Holm's ground game

Back