Media Holloway hints at Ferg fight ?

Strip Khabib
Ferguson should not fight for another interim
Khabib at least defended the belt. How long did conor have it be4 they stripped him? All the khabib hate is laughable, he actually deserved the belt, and defended it against a top guy. He will be back in a few months beating up whoever they put in front of him as the champ. Conor vs Tony makes sense but isn't likely to happen. They will do conor Cerrone so they can push the family angle. Conor will bring his baby in, like cowboy does and they will scrap for the new baby weight title.

Not willing to fight until November at the earliest
We could and should have at least two title fights at this point.

Holloway is pillow fisted, he isn’t gonna drop him and even if he does what can he do? If he hits the mat Ferguson will finish him
Pettis is pretty pillow fisted and he had tony on Queer Street. Tony uses his cardio and toughness to break people and that’s not gonna happen against Holloway. Holloway’s cardio will be even better at 155.

I’m a big fan of both guys and their styles but ferg’s striking defense is awful and holloway’s Boxing and chin are top notch. If ferg gets hurt he’s not gonna be able to out cardio his way out of it.

Max has better footwork and more technical boxing, but it's not a boxing match. When you add in knees, elbows, etc the striking becomes pretty even. And while Max definitely has great cardio, I not sure even he is close to Tony's level. 5 fast paced rounds at Mexico City elevation is beyond anything Max has ever had to do.

Tony also has underrated ability to get the fight to the mat. He's taken down some LW's (Tibau, Trujillo, Thomson, Vanetta) so in could see him getting Max down and then it's advantage Tony for sure.

Lando only had Tony hurt for a couple seconds and that was due to a flush head kick. Pettis stung him too though with a punch. It's conceivable Max could but I'm not seeing it. Max relies on volume and pace, and that is Tony's world.
I know, I only reminded that boxing allied with footwork and pace will be the key for this fight, and this edge is for Holloway. Tony has better clinch, but I don't see Ferguson achieving it many times.

If we see about full spectrum like you suggested, Aldo is much better than Tony in all fundaments - maybe he is worse at gas, but depends of the pace of the fight - and Max did what he did. Even if we know this is not MMAth, we need to do some comparisons and I think this one is good for. Of course, another division, different fighter size... But Max will be huge too, he already has a good biotype to this division. We only need to wait if he will be at the size the division requires to make it equal. Pettis, on the other side, had nothing to lose and fought, but Max will take care of this for sure, he has a legacy to cement.

And Lando had him hurt more than seconds. His fight IQ were pretty dumb tbh, a good finisher would do the job. Of course, props for Tony, but I see Lando being more dumb than Tony being successful.

And one more point... Max is only 27, Tony is 35. He is not that young anymore. His pace will break somehwere along the line and Max will not. Max only lose this one if Ferguson can hurt him. And I don't see it. Max has a hell of a chin, just to sum all it up.

Fuck Fight of The Year, that could be a Fight of The Century candidate.

not really, it's gonna be another variation of Max vs Ortega. Maybe worse. Max is one of the worst fights for Tony in maybe the entire UFC roster.

little? Max will be bigger than Tony
Max is 5'11 tony is 6'0 or taller and is heavier than max will be on fight night , with the longer legs , arms and torso so how is max bigger ? Tony could never make 145 lb HE is the naturally bigger man

lol they are going to do mcgregor and cerrone for the interim belt then.

can you imagine the press conferences bros. then the fight itself, holy shit dude

not really, it's gonna be another variation of Max vs Ortega. Maybe worse. Max is one of the worst fights for Tony in maybe the entire UFC roster.
Lol how so ? He can't outpace him he only has a 69 inch reach to Tonys 76 inch . max has zero kicking to his game so tony mixes it up way more is longer has a better gas tank at 155lb and If it hits the ground we know who has the advantage and it's not max . So how does max win ?

He isn't outpacing him or getting tony tired he doesn't have 1 punch ko power . So how does he win ? Not to mention being the worst matchup in the UFC?

I know, I only reminded that boxing allied with footwork and pace will be the key for this fight, and this edge is for Holloway. Tony has better clinch, but I don't see Ferguson achieving it many times.

If we see about full spectrum like you suggested, Aldo is much better than Tony in all fundaments - maybe he is worse at gas, but depends of the pace of the fight - and Max did what he did. Even if we know this is not MMAth, we need to do some comparisons and I think this one is good for. Of course, another division, different fighter size... But Max will be huge too, he already has a good biotype to this division. We only need to wait if he will be at the size the division requires to make it equal. Pettis, on the other side, had nothing to lose and fought, but Max will take care of this for sure, he has a legacy to cement.

And Lando had him hurt more than seconds. His fight IQ were pretty dumb tbh, a good finisher would do the job. Of course, props for Tony, but I see Lando being more dumb than Tony being successful.

And one more point... Max is only 27, Tony is 35. He is not that young anymore. His pace will break somehwere along the line and Max will not. Max only lose this one if Ferguson can hurt him. And I don't see it. Max has a hell of a chin, just to sum all it up.

I just rewatched the Lando fight and you are wrong. Tony had ahold of his leg within 4 seconds and was locking up a leglock. There was literally nothing else Lando could have done. Tony was rocked pretty badly but his recovery was not only fast but it was a full recovery. Eyes clear and looking for offense.

Aldo is certainly better technically than Tony but there is no "depends" on gas tank. Tony may have the best cardio we've ever seen and Aldo is just worlds behind him. In addition Tony will have a huge reach advantage on Max. Other guys have had a reach advantage on Max, but not like what Tony has.

Age is a consideration for sure. Absolutely I have to concede that. But so many of the arguments for Max are the same as what people said about RDA vs Tony ("RDA has great cardio and can match his pace", "RDA is better technically and has better boxing", etc) and look how that turned out.

So far Tony has shown no signs of his inhuman cardio being ready to fall off. It will happen at some point, but no way you can bank on it in the next year. And if it's as usual, he will break Max before the other way around imo. More likely though is that neither breaks and each has their moments. I just think Tony will have more of them.

If you think Tony will look like Ortega or worse, no offense but I really don't think you understand what you are watching with Tony. You missed him breaking RDA (a much better striker with better cardio than T City) with pace and volume with his multi-faceted striking I guess.

I just rewatched the Lando fight and you are wrong. Tony had ahold of his leg within 4 seconds and was locking up a leglock. There was literally nothing else Lando could have done. Tony was rocked pretty badly but his recovery was not only fast but it was a full recovery. Eyes clear and looking for offense.

Aldo is certainly better technically than Tony but there is no "depends" on gas tank. Tony may have the best cardio we've ever seen and Aldo is just worlds behind him. In addition Tony will have a huge reach advantage on Max. Other guys have had a reach advantage on Max, but not like what Tony has.

Age is a consideration for sure. Absolutely I have to concede that. But so many of the arguments for Max are the same as what people said about RDA vs Tony ("RDA has great cardio and can match his pace", "RDA is better technically and has better boxing", etc) and look how that turned out.

So far Tony has shown no signs of his inhuman cardio being ready to fall off. It will happen at some point, but no way you can bank on it in the next year. And if it's as usual, he will break Max before the other way around imo. More likely though is that neither breaks and each has their moments. I just think Tony will have more of them.
I was talking about overall game between Aldo and Tony, and also said that Tony gas tank may be better. Again, I said Aldo is better than Tony, and Tony is "just worlds behind him", using your own words to bold my point about this matter. Again, not the gas, the overall game.

RDA is a good example, but he is a brawler and Max is not. Max is a little more technical and even if they have, relatively, the "same" gas tank (note the quote, please), Max has more speed in his hands and a better fight IQ.

I don't see Ferguson hurting him badly like he did to Pettis. Ferguson is very hittable, I see Max schooling him. We need to wait and see who is right.

If you think Tony will look like Ortega or worse, no offense but I really don't think you understand what you are watching with Tony. You missed him breaking RDA (a much better striker with better cardio than T City) with pace and volume with his multi-faceted striking I guess.

You clearly have no idea what you're watching if you think RDA and his style of fighting is equivalent to Max.

Max will finish Tony. Tony's boxing defense sucks and Max is pretty much as good as it gets in that regard. People saying hes going to out cardio or pressure Max are clueless.

You clearly have no idea what you're watching if you think RDA and his style of fighting is equivalent to Max.

Max will finish Tony. Tony's boxing defense sucks and Max is pretty much as good as it gets in that regard. People saying hes going to out cardio or pressure Max are clueless.
I think tony wins. Too big with those slick elbows and 10X better ground game

As much as I love this matchup and would 100% buy the PPV, I don’t think it’s right timing. The LW division is a cluster fuck at the moment, Holloway would only add more confusion to the division. The FW division is on fire now with new talent popping up left and right. Holloway has a list of talented contenders with can defend his belt against.

Didn't Dustin and Al tweet about fighting on that card too?

Ferguson/Holloway for interim and Raging Al/Dustin would be two FOTYs back to back holy shit.

I was talking about overall game between Aldo and Tony, and also said that Tony gas tank may be better. Again, I said Aldo is better than Tony, and Tony is "just worlds behind him", using your own words to bold my point about this matter. Again, not the gas, the overall game.

RDA is a good example, but he is a brawler and Max is not. Max is a little more technical and even if they have, relatively, the "same" gas tank (note the quote, please), Max has more speed in his hands and a better fight IQ.

I don't see Ferguson hurting him badly like he did to Pettis. Ferguson is very hittable, I see Max schooling him. We need to wait and see who is right.

I think I just rate pace, durability, and the ability to end fights in a wide variety of ways more than you do.

Tony has won ELEVEN fights in a row in the best division in MMA. With 8 finishes. Half those fights vs top 10 guys. This isn't by mistake. Nobody in the world, Aldo included, is "worlds better" overall than Tony. But yes specifically with cardio, Tony IS worlds better than Aldo. There's no "may be" better.

Tony has other weapons we haven't even discussed as well. His front headlock snapdown is the best in MMA. And it literally only takes one of those for Max to be in serious trouble of being choked out.

LMAO ok. I don't want to be a dick but you are just talking out your ass. I had these exact same arguments before his fight with RDA. And like all of them, you'll disappear or pretend you didn't say this stuff when Max doesn't finish Tony.

I'm not gonna shit talk Max because I like the kid and he's an amazing fighter. But there's things Tony brings that he hasn't seen. And you thinking that boxing is the only facet of MMA striking shows that you clearly are the one who doesn't understand some of what you see.

Back