No Spoilers HOGWARTS LEGACY: Breaks Twitch All-Time Peak Concurrent Viewership Record (1.3m)

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Upon seeing news of the delay, I went to find the thread for this, and the TS, a platinum member, had deleted it for some mysterious reason. Not sure why. So this is the new thread for the game, here.

Official homepage:
https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-us
Hogwarts Legacy is an immersive, open-world action RPG set in the world first introduced in the Harry Potter books. For the first time, experience Hogwarts in the 1800s. Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. Now you can take control of the action and be at the center of your own adventure in the wizarding world. Your legacy is what you make of it.

Official Reveal trailer:

State of Play trailer:

**Update**
Hogwarts Legacy delayed to February 10, 2023 for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, and PC; later for Switch

Kind of disappointed to be honest, looks like it has potential. This is one I’ll definitely be waiting for reviews on though

“Delayed” to February? I wasn’t even aware it had a specified release date yet.

I'm glad because it was coming out too close to god of war

been looking forward to this game. Not mad at the delay, gives me time to wear myself out of the new madden.

Good. I was and still am excited for this game to come out. Hopefully the roll out goes smoothly

I'm all in. What Ive seen looks great, and the potterverse could definitely translate well to the gaming sphere.

Game has gone gold for PS5, Series X|S and PC versions, reports production from various outlets. A confidence boost there for those who'd preordered or plan to, I imagine. Nice.

Current-gen will see release 10 February 2023. April 2023, however, slated for PS4 and Xbox One platforms and July 2023 for Nintendo.

Game has gone gold for PS5, Series X|S and PC versions, reports production from various outlets. A confidence boost there for those who'd preordered or plan to, I imagine. Nice.

Current-gen will see release 10 February 2023. April 2023, however, slated for PS4 and Xbox One platforms and July 2023 for Nintendo.

I think it’s a good sign that they’re staggering the release between generations of the consoles like this. CD Projekt Red put a lot of emphasis on the fact that they were trying to optimize Cyberpunk for some many different systems simultaneously that the final product was a disaster. Maybe this developer has learned from CDPR’s mistakes and are focused on delivering the premier experience first before going in to make the necessary cuts to get the game optimized to acceptable levels on the lower power hardware. More devs should consider doing this I think until we’re finally out of this “cross-gen” phase.

I think it’s a good sign that they’re staggering the release between generations of the consoles like this. CD Projekt Red put a lot of emphasis on the fact that they were trying to optimize Cyberpunk for some many different systems simultaneously that the final product was a disaster. Maybe this developer has learned from CDPR’s mistakes and are focused on delivering the premier experience first before going in to make the necessary cuts to get the game optimized to acceptable levels on the lower power hardware. More devs should consider doing this I think until we’re finally out of this “cross-gen” phase.

I hadn't thought about this, makes sense though.

This game looks better with every content piece we see but there's an indie rigor mortis to the combat that I've never been able to get past. If ATK chaining in the combos they show requires complex inputs and not mash, that could be quite nice.

Broom traversal for the win:

Broom traversal for the win:

Gonna have to see how high i can fly, and does the broom stall at a certain height? What happens if i nosedive into a lake at high speed on my broom, and of course, full speed into buildings and (if possible) people.

Damn, this might be the game that finally gets me to upgrade to a PS5. I enjoyed the movies and I enjoy Skyrim, and this looks like the Harry Potter version of Skyrim, which honestly sounds even better than just regular Skyrim. I'm totally in.

I hope we'll able to turn evil. I plan on going full evil if we can. Can't wait to Avada Kadavra my classmates.

My only gripe so far is I wish this took place after the movies. Start it 10 years after the epilogue scene in Deathly Hollows Part 2.

Wow this is the first thread Ive seen about this game since it was announced that doesn’t have screeching about politics.

Damn, this might be the game that finally gets me to upgrade to a PS5. I enjoyed the movies and I enjoy Skyrim, and this looks like the Harry Potter version of Skyrim, which honestly sounds even better than just regular Skyrim. I'm totally in.

I hope we'll able to turn evil. I plan on going full evil if we can. Can't wait to Avada Kadavra my classmates.

My only gripe so far is I wish this took place after the movies. Start it 10 years after the epilogue scene in Deathly Hollows Part 2.
Something tells me the T rated game based off kids books will not be letting you randomly murder classmates.

That is what mods are for

Wow this is the first thread Ive seen about this game since it was announced that doesn’t have screeching about politics.
I haven’t been following the game. What would people be upset about in a Harry Potter game? It’s fantasy lol

Back