"Hits" sacramento Muay Thai

amandakissnhug

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Does anyone in the Sacramento area train there? If so what is your opinion of the place? Has anyone heard anything about this place and would they recommend I train there?
BTW I've never done Muay Thai before.

Where in the Sac area are you? Im in FF. It would prob be worth the drive to SF.

Some of the trainers their trained the fighters in TUF1, and have well known fighters under their name. I can't think of the name of the place, but i'll try to find out.

I'm in Fair Oaks, which is a suburb of Sac. Hits is 10 minutes from my house. I don't think I'm willing to drive out to SF just to do muay thai considering I'm not an experienced fighter.

Anything is better then nothing then.. Learn wrestling too :p

im live in south sacramento. where is this "hits" located at?

RuDOWN4It said:
im live in south sacramento. where is this "hits" located at?
7044 Sunrise Ave in Orangevale. It's not too far from the Sunrise Mall.

wow i checked out their website, they charge alot per month. i never trained at a muay thai gym, but my boxing gym charges alot less

RuDOWN4It said:
wow i checked out their website, they charge alot per month. i never trained at a muay thai gym, but my boxing gym charges alot less
Which gym is this?

I think he goes to prime time. To start going there might not be as cheap as he leads you to believe. Call them to find out for yourself - it is a good boxing gym.

Those Hits prices are comparable to the other kickboxing gyms in the area. If you want to compare with the other kickboxing gyms you can check out Marinoble's, Niavaroni's and Newcastle.

captk said:
I think he goes to prime time. To start going there might not be as cheap as he leads you to believe. Call them to find out for yourself - it is a good boxing gym.

Those Hits prices are comparable to the other kickboxing gyms in the area. If you want to compare with the other kickboxing gyms you can check out Marinoble's, Niavaroni's and Newcastle.
Thanks for the info. Have you heard about the reputations of any of these gyms, both good and bad?

amandakissnhug said:
Thanks for the info. Have you heard about the reputations of any of these gyms, both good and bad?

Give me a break! Go check out the schools and judge for yourself. Marinoble has an outstanding reputation as a fighter and trainer. He currently trains James Irvin. Hits Training is great too. John Harris knows his Muay Thai and you will get close to 1 on 1 instructions than any school in town. He had / has Gladiator fighters too. Nasser Niavaroni seems to be focusing on boxing and has pro boxers including Eric Regan. Newcastle is just to far, but the trainers seem to be top notch.

amandakissnhug said:
Which gym is this?

yeah, i go2 prime time. it costs about 300 to get in, and 35 a month after that. its alot for ppl who arent committed. but if you plan to REALLY train, its actually alot less than other gyms.

RuDOWN4It said:
yeah, i go2 prime time. it costs about 300 to get in, and 35 a month after that. its alot for ppl who arent committed. but if you plan to REALLY train, its actually alot less than other gyms.
When is the next camp?

wholefnshow13 said:
When is the next camp?

depends what age you are, but there should be one in the beginning of next month. call in to check for sure tho.

hey bro, I dont train specifically in muay thai, but I do train in mma fighting, which includes some aspects of muay thai. I train at kovars martial arts in roseville and the instructor there used to do cagefighting in europe for several years, and his kicks and knees and elbows are definitely up 2 muay thai standards.

also, if your looking for someone 2 spar with, I am open 2 doing that like twice per week. I live in lincoln by the way.

amandakissnhug said:
Does anyone in the Sacramento area train there? If so what is your opinion of the place? Has anyone heard anything about this place and would they recommend I train there?
BTW I've never done Muay Thai before.

Better to go to City Boxing sac or the Capital City Fighting alliance....There are real fighters out of those gyms. Oh, and Sac BJJ

There is no gym in the Sac. area called City Boxing. There is no gym in the Sac. area called Capital City Fighting Alliance.

Plenty of real fighters have come out of the gyms already mentioned. The kickboxing/boxing gyms already mentioned like Marinobles, Newcastle and Niavaroni's have all been around for many years. Some of the fighters who call themselves the Capital City Fighting Alliance train at or have trained at those gyms and other gyms in the Sac. area.

captk said:
There is no gym in the Sac. area called City Boxing. There is no gym in the Sac. area called Capital City Fighting Alliance.

Plenty of real fighters have come out of the gyms already mentioned. The kickboxing/boxing gyms already mentioned like Marinobles, Newcastle and Niavaroni's have all been around for many years. Some of the fighters who call themselves the Capital City Fighting Alliance train at or have trained at those gyms and other gyms in the Sac. area.
Yeah, the capital city guys train mostly gappling with us at Cassio's, and seem to go to Marinobles for the striking.

If anyone in the area is looking for extra sparring time, grappling or striking, they can stop by the Sac State MMA Club. Some are more serious than others, and honestly I don't believe that you should go there for your main instruction (unless your really cheap, it's free), but there are people there that are willing to spar. It's a really loosely organized club, and anyone is welcome, student or not.

The Sac State club is Monday and Wednesday from 7:00-9:00, and Fridays 5:00-7:00. The room is Yosimite 101 on the back of the Men's lockerroom side of the Yosimite building, kinda in a hall between Yosimite building and the Gymnastics room.

This thread is great, I never knew so many people on here were from Sac. There is a BJJ place next to the California Family Fitness on fair Oaks Blvd. I was thinking of going in there to check out thier program.

Back