Hill sprints

ThePitBull32

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I know these have been discussed a lot. However, I just started doing them again this morning. I use a hill in the woods on my old high school campus. Its about 100m long with 2 major inclines, the steepest being at the very top. You really need to dig deep to finish strong. After warming up I sprinted it 4 times, only resting while I walked back to the bottom. I only did 4 because I'm in the squat contest and am going for a pr tomorrow, so I didn't want to tear myself up too much.

My goal is to do these at least once a week for the rest of summer. Maybe ill even wear my weight vest at some point. I just felt like starting this thread to motivate myself (and hopefully some of you) to do these painful exercises.

You didn't ask a question but yes I totally agree that hill sprints are one of the biggest badass cardio workouts out there. Keep it up dude and good luck with the PR.

Thanks man...I know I didnt ask a question, but I wanted this thread out there so that I would see it all the time and force myself to sprint!

The first time I did hill sprints this year, it was on a real badass spot I'd been eye-ing all winter. Finally it got warm enough to go, I warm up with a light jog...then hit the first sprint, within 5 seconds I've pulled something in my right glute.

Haven't gone back since but I love hill work anyway.

I like running up and down a steep slope. I do it 10 times back and forth but its a killer. Maybe you want to puke

I just did Hill sprints yesterday. They're a fuckin killer but great cardio workout and great for the legs too.

your deffo on right track pitbull like everyone else on here will agree hill sprints certainley takes your cardio thru the roof big time especially if you throw a few reps of burpee jumps in at the top KEEP UP GREAT WORK MAN

your deffo on right track pitbull like everyone else on here will agree hill sprints certainley takes your cardio thru the roof big time especially if you throw a few reps of burpee jumps in at the top KEEP UP GREAT WORK MAN

Thanks, but there is no way I can do jumps at the top of the hill. The hill I run is brutal. Just getting to the top while at 100% is taxing enough. When I make it to the top I need to rest immediately. Although, that is something to shoot for. Maybe at the end of the summer I'll be badass enough.

Back