Hideo Tokoro Appreciation Thread

DrRodentia

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I feel like Tokoro is an absolute legend with a 20+ year career full of ups and downs that deserves to be celebrated. Always exciting, win or lose. Never reached the greatest heights, but always remained competitive, and fought like a motherfucker. May have fought his last fight in July, and won decisively at 47 years old. He's a legend and deserves his flowers.

Share your favorite Tokoro memories.

1725776386501.png

Tokoro had many fun grappling wars. My first fight of his was the Darren Uyenoyama one which might be the best. Sadly all the gifs and videos of it has been scrubbed off the internet.

Tokoro is a legend, no doubt. Great grappler to watch. He was like the lighter weight class Saku, but without the same level of wins as Saku. He was always down to fight anyone anywhere and was always looking for the finish.

His fight at Dream 9 against Abel Cullum is a fantastic largely forgotten classic. Seek it out if you haven't seen it. Whatever happened to Abel Cullum? He was always a fun watch, too.

His fight at Dream 9 against Abel Cullum is a fantastic largely forgotten classic. Seek it out if you haven't seen it. Whatever happened to Abel Cullum? He was always a fun watch, too.
i don't want to talk about my disappointment from his losing to banuelos in dream. it was like the tokoro dream died that day.

Back