HG Grippers Deal

fat_wilhelm

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Heavy Grips is having some kind of advertising mistake deal where a set of all five handgrips (100, 150, 200, 250, 300) is being offered for $60. Great price.

Yea that's been going for a few months now. I purchased them in I believe October. Great deal.

I think CoC's are better. The HG grippers have less knurling and very much more than the CoC grippers. I got HG 200, 250 and 300 and then the same for a buddy. I closed my 250 that day and the 300 a few days later. My HG300 was extremely narrow. It had NO sweep, and then got hard for only the crush. My buddy had a very wide HG and I still probably can't close it and my grip has gotten much stronger since then. His 250 was harder than my 300.

CoC's are a bit more expensive, but I think worth it. Especially if you can't afford a lot of grippers.

i did this deal a while back when it was 50$ and i would say its stillworth it at 60$. if you are starting out you wont be closing the 250 out of the box like the above poster claims so unless you are uber grip master i would go for it.

Fat, would you mind posting a link? I need to get some grippers.

Rjkd12 said:
I think CoC's are better. The HG grippers have less knurling and very much more than the CoC grippers. I got HG 200, 250 and 300 and then the same for a buddy. I closed my 250 that day and the 300 a few days later. My HG300 was extremely narrow. It had NO sweep, and then got hard for only the crush. My buddy had a very wide HG and I still probably can't close it and my grip has gotten much stronger since then. His 250 was harder than my 300.

CoC's are a bit more expensive, but I think worth it. Especially if you can't afford a lot of grippers.
I agree, I started out with some Heavygrips, then bought some CoC. The difference in quality is astounding, I would'nt bother with the HG set cos' if you're really serious about training your grip you're just going to end up wanting the CoCs anyway.

HG grippers are a lot better than people give them credit.

They are cheap, have many increments, and will make your crushing grip stronger (just like COC grippers).

The only downside is quality. But the bottomline is they will make your grip stronger.

I find the quality of the HG's to be poor as well but they're decent for the money they cost. They always seem to have some sort of package deal going.

When you say poor in quality, what exactly do you mean? What are the qualities of the Iron Mind grippers that make them superior? Just asking cause I'm thinkin bout ordering them but don't want to get stuck wit garbage.

Universal said:
When you say poor in quality, what exactly do you mean? What are the qualities of the Iron Mind grippers that make them superior? Just asking cause I'm thinkin bout ordering them but don't want to get stuck wit garbage.

There is nothing wrong with the HG's they just aren't as well made. I own both and the HG's are just fine for grip strength.

Thanx for the info. I guess I'll give em a shot. Wait... I can DL 495 from pins at bit lower than my knees and I hold on to it for 15 seconds or so. That being the case, which gripper (resistance) do you think I'll be starting out with? Just wanna make sure I'm not throwing my money away cause times are hard right now.

Back