Hey Guys, i have a couple of Questions from a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toronto_BJJ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. Why do you guys hate Curls so much? Everywhere i look in the Strength and Power Section, i see utter disdain for Curls.

2. When you guys say "I Squat 300" Are you adding Your Body Weight to that? Meaning you Squated carrying a 120 pound barbell?

3. If you're away from the gym and worried about just maintaining the size you added to your Upper Body, Are Pushups every morning Enough to maintain the majority of your gains?

April fools is over nub. go read the faqs and carnal's treatise.

Edit cuz I'm drunk ad feeling somewhat remorseful. Squatting weight is the weight of the bar loaded, usually 45# for the bar plus work weight, expressed as on total sum. body weight is not included. And push ups can never replace lifting against resistance, because the resistance with benching is variable, and much higher than bodyweight push-ups.

"maintaining the size you added to your Upper Body"

I smell trouble. Get dissed by white belts for that. Also, I like that you capitalized upper body.

2. When you guys say "I Squat 300" Are you adding Your Body Weight to that? Meaning you Squated carrying a 120 pound barbell?

2. Yes. I weigh 251 and that means 49 pounds on my back when I squat. If I squat 400 on my back I claim 651.

You make me giggle.

1. Why do you guys hate Curls so much? Everywhere i look in the Strength and Power Section, i see utter disdain for Curls.

3. If you're away from the gym and worried about just maintaining the size you added to your Upper Body, Are Pushups every morning Enough to maintain the majority of your gains?

1.) For one, look at the gelled up metros that are usually going the preacher curls. Nuff said.

2.) No, of course not. Include the weight of the bar.

3.) Sure, but have a woman or one of the gelled up metros sitting on your back. Those metros really aren't good for anything else but sitting there and looking pretty anyways.

/thread.

:rolleyes:
notthis.jpg

You being born without a brain lessens your load. Feel fortunate.

2. Yes. I weigh 251 and that means 49 pounds on my back when I squat. If I squat 400 on my back I claim 651.

If only... I could go from pushing a pussy weight, 198lbs, to claiming an instant 508lbs on my squat. :icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

If only... I could go from pushing a pussy weight, 198lbs, to claiming an instant 508lbs on my squat. :icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

LOL!

the fatter I get, the higher my total! gimme another cupcake....

I finally understand what you people are talking about with all that 'diet is more important than lifting' BS. BW squats FTW (but don't forget your Upper Body)

1. Curls are not bad. What is bad is when they become the focus of a workout. Such as preacher curls, db curls, barbell curls, cable curls.

2. Your bodyweight is not counted in the total squat #

3. Your diet will play a role as well. But push ups can help. Also pull ups, handstand push ups, dips, and other similar exercises.

Do chins instead of curls. That is the answer to your question.

STFU and go die in a fire you noob. To answer your question though, no, we are NOT adding our BW.

Do burpees instead.

why then do i see youtube vids saying "benching 200" and theres 8 25s :(

wouldnt it be 245

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back