hey. guys... didnt this forum used to...???

It was pretty extreme in the old days, to be honest. Posts that could get you banned: any moderate flaming of fighters, any insinuation of PED use by fighters, any reference to bowel movements whatsoever - including mayberry style threads about fiber and staying regular, any photos of asses in G-strings or thongs.

The last two were craziest. A fight forum but you couldn't engage in a practical conversation about gut health, like happens in pharmacies between old ladies probably thousands of times a day, and where you couldn't post a photo of an ass, the likes of which are in advertisements plastered all over public spaces.

We're at a far more reasonable place right now.

Fighter bashing was tolerated far less back in the day. So much less. You couldnt even insinuate a fighter might be juiced, and now you can outright say it.

It's eased up for sure but I think it depends on the mod to some extent. They love GSP around here. I'm a fan too but I made a comment maybe 1 or 2 years ago where I said that GSP was as clean as pre-2015 Anderson based on all indicators including testing. So insinuating that he MAY have used but we'll never know. I didn't get carded but that post got removed by a mod and the notice I got said "inappropriate fighter comment" or something to that effect. Of course back in the day, that would have gotten me banned.

I was dubbed for it though. Feel free to dig, but yeah, just insinuating someone was connected to the juice, and yellow card came flying. Though yea, bias is always a factor.

I definitely remember them being more stringent about fighter bashing overall though.

Oh i have no doubt that someone dubbed you for it tho, you probably hurt the mods feelings in a previous post somehow and it didnt realize it. Back in the day 95% of mods were solid. One or two made the fuck ip for it tho

Yeah you couldn't even imply someone took PEDs. Or acknowledge Pride allowed PED use. Thats why I got my cards back in the day. And I suspect thats the big change because that was a huge point of emphasis back in the day. It was this forums "golden rule" of sorts.

The Jones haters kind of made that unenforceable given how many of them there are making up stories about Jones taking PEDs. Now that I think of it the change might have coincided with the UFCs parnership with USADA.

I don't believe cursing was ever against the rules.

The mods are better in some ways worse in others. Its complicated.

It depends on how egregious the bashing is. How incessant you are with it. Your history. There's a lot of variables. When people whine about moderation nowadays, I laugh. Guys used to get dubbed for the slightest thing, even banned outright on a whim. It was the wild west. Some users got away with grand theft while others were getting smacked up for basically farting, lol.

Don’t listen to these guys TS, they’re just trying to get you to say something like ‘GSP is a giant can who likes men’ or ‘Jon Jones really likes his cocaine’ so you’ll get banned.

Don’t fall for it tho
Lololl

I used to cal Tim Kennedy "special forces can" but they would delete it. I know he's not a can but it amused me immensely to refer to him as such.

I couldn't stand his holier than thou bullshit attitude

Yeah, Sherdog is slipping. I was actually banned back in the day and just look at me now.

Yeah, I guess they had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find a sonofabitch like you that would talk bad about Valentina....shame on you sir lol

It's amazing I've survived this long. I got dubbed several times but never had double yellows

I got got double yellows my first week here lol

Reactions: HHJ
Yeah, Sherdog is slipping. I was actually banned back in the day and just look at me now.

Me too. For ass floss.

940baeee2eb1cd1aebfba18742b6b747.gif

Congratulations on getting your blue babysitter badges.

I posted for a few years on a forum called Cameldog, which was made by some group of peeps banned from Sherdog. I didnt post here back then but lurked once and a while. That Cameldog was a free for all, funny shit.

Mods seem reasonable here, no complaints.

You still don't see much swearing or profanity. I know I've probably slipped up here and there with that rule, but generally I don't see much profanity.

The fighter bashing has gotten out of hand. It went from barely being able to say factual things that were unflattering to being allowed to say whatever you want about any aspect of anyone's life, character, family, faith, income, etc...

i thought that this forum didnt allow cursing or even negative criticism of the fighters. is my memory wrong? dont get me twisted... i like the edginess and believe in free speech. i just remember it not being a place i didnt want to hang at when i made this profile. what happened?

toodles.

Different times. With social media, people started bad mouthing fighters directly. Then you had conor who took trash talking to a whole new level and people loved him for it.

Even in Q &A, some fans get mouthy with fighters. So I think sherdog had to take it easy. Also as people here mentioned, traffic slowed down.

Back