Hey guys, can you help me out with this?

B

Brand Nizzle

Hey guys, I just finished writing a quick letter to my friend Jeremy from school. He weights 198 pounds right now, and wants to gain weight for the wrsetling season to be heavyweight. He has his reasons, even though I told him it is not likely and will require a lot of work. Anyway, can you guys read this letter I wrote for him and tell me if it is accurate or not? Point out anything that is not true or anything like that, just tell me if it is even flat out wrong too. I am still learning. lol. I copied and pasted one post from a S&P thread so if it sounds familiar that is why. If it was your post that I copied and pasted it from, and you want me to take it out, I understand I guess. Alright here it is, I tried to cover the basics in gaining weight :

Yo Jeremy. Here are some tips on Gaining weight, specifically muscle mass so you can go Heavyweight for the wrestling season. Without the use of steroids, you have quite a feat in head of you. Haha. You need to focus on 4 things for gaining weight.

-Lifting
-Eating
-Sleeping
-Eating

I definitely put eating twice for a reason. You need to eat lots of food. Eat so much food that you start getting strange looks from people. If your friends and family don't start making comments about how much you're eating...then you know you haven't really changed your intake. When you lift, you need to be lifting for hypertrophy gains (Hypertrophy = Muscle Growth). My weight lifting method of this would be to lift 60-70 % of your 1 rep max, 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps, 3-4 times a week. Do this for about 6 weeks, rest, and then increase the weights used. However, I guess you can use the schools weight room lifting routine. I

I liked everything except the supplements part. Make sur he gets his diet in check first. He will make gains if he does everything right. The only time supplements are needed is if he plateaus already.

I'd also add to the list eat more steak and potatoes, drink more milk. Eat your veggies. Don't shy way from burgers as well as those helped me pack on pounds when I was a skinny bastard.

Brand Nizzle said:
Alright thanks for reading it man.

BabyPhenom said:
I'd also add to the list eat more steak and potatoes, drink more milk. Eat your veggies. Don't shy way from burgers as well as those helped me pack on pounds when I was a skinny bastard.

Got it

Since your friend is a wrestler, you should be giving him advice on losing weight. Your friend should concentrate on losing bodyfat while trying to maintain as much muscle mass as he already has. He should compete at the lowest possible weight for him, not move up in weight classes.

This close to the start of the season, he should really concentrate on technique more than anything else, then cardio, then weight training to maintain his muscle. His diet should be very high in protein, (try for 2 grams per lb instead of 1 gram) and very low in bad fats and simple carbs. His teamates can give him the best advice with the last few (or 10 or 20) pounds right before weigh-ins.

FCFighter316 said:
What a load of shit. Didn't this seem a bit redundant to you? Just send him Something I wrote, cuz u fucked up the supp section, cardio nonsense, and hes probably not gonna understand the rep crap...which is bs also.
If u wanna grow, u might want to, MIGHT WANT TO just maybe if u plan on growing and cant cook every 2 hrs guzzle some Cytogainer, not musclemilk. Cytogainer is a meal replacement w/complex carbs(calories mofo) Cardio should of course be kept to a minimum b/c u need calories to grow put 2 and 2 together my friend. Veges will give u rrea, so if u dont mind the burns and putting gold bond b/w ur cheeks go ahead. Rep Scheme: 1-6 s&p 8-12 mass 15-20 endurance

oh yea about muscle milk and cytogainer, i take both, but since muscle milk has casein protein which takes longer to absorb i take it before bedtime and workouts, but Cytogainer is the shit

Alrigh Is cytogainer a protien supplement as well?

FCFighter316 said:
What a load of shit. Didn't this seem a bit redundant to you? Just send him Something I wrote, cuz u fucked up the supp section, cardio nonsense, and hes probably not gonna understand the rep crap...which is bs also.
If u wanna grow, u might want to, MIGHT WANT TO just maybe if u plan on growing and cant cook every 2 hrs guzzle some Cytogainer, not musclemilk. Cytogainer is a meal replacement w/complex carbs(calories mofo) Cardio should of course be kept to a minimum b/c u need calories to grow put 2 and 2 together my friend. Veges will give u rrea, so if u dont mind the burns and putting gold bond b/w ur cheeks go ahead. Rep Scheme: 1-6 s&p 8-12 mass 15-20 endurance

oh yea about muscle milk and cytogainer, i take both, but since muscle milk has casein protein which takes longer to absorb i take it before bedtime and workouts, but Cytogainer is the shit

you tell him what he wrote is a load of shit then you tell him his friend who is going to WRESTLE to avoid cardio? cardio is essential for wrestlers, especially in the anaerobic aspect of it. going into the season when you havent been conditioning at all and have been on a bulking diet is a STUPID idea. i also liked your rep scheme. stop giving advice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back