• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Heroes of the Storm

I have only played the map 4 times, but the winning team has taken every objective and the 3 times I've won have been hilariously one-sided. Yesterday was the funniest. I was Raynor and my teammates were Valla, Jaina, Hammer, and Nazeebo. If the other team walked into that objective circle they just got incinerated. I ended up like 35-0.

That is a pretty solid setup to take any objectives though. If they don't have something like butcher/zeretul to go chase around those squishies they are fucked.

Got raynor to 10, now working on kt. Im hot and cold with him, some matches im destroying other i plain suck

Distance, distance, distance. That's key with KT. And stay the fuck away from bushes.

Just had a match at Blackheart Bay where we were roflstomping the whole match, but Falstad didn't turn in his 16 coins. Then he dies, and the enemy team gets just enough leverage to make a comeback.

Never have I wanted to just strangle somebody over a game before. He gave the team "It's just a game, move on" line that shit players give.

Last week was amazing as Butcher. Free heroes being Nova, KT, Zag, lili and someone else, plus everyone was playing the medic made team comps full of Butcher Chum. Also, you always had a medic on your team for stim drone. I played a game with Medic and Abby and I just got stimmed, resist buffed and hatted the whole game. Shit was straight up overpowered. It was amazing.

What is my favorite hero and butcher is way my favorite teammate. Either I hat him, or clone him and have two butchers.

tried playing uther yesterday since i had support quest, man am i not good at supporting at all. just a really bad string of games, had to call it a short night.

Medic + Butcher =

31.gif

I like support, but I still haven't played zither one match. Rehgar and Malf get shit done. But since he is free.... Of the F2P heroes this week I only have to get Muradin and Uther to level 5. I dread playing Muradin, he looks so boring. Never played a match with him, either, so we'll see.

i'll try and get some more games in as him, i mean i did spend 10k gold on him. might as well get somewhat decent w/him.

if you guys ever see gref online and he has room i recommend you play with him, guy is really good.

Tassador is my favorite support. Basically pretty top notch hero at everything.

i'll try and get some more games in as him, i mean i did spend 10k gold on him. might as well get somewhat decent w/him.

if you guys ever see gref online and he has room i recommend you play with him, guy is really good.

I don't know any sherdogger HOTS people other than. O.K. and Forged.

All I do it play duo HL or TL. No rank to low or two high.

I like support, but I still haven't played zither one match. Rehgar and Malf get shit done. But since he is free.... Of the F2P heroes this week I only have to get Muradin and Uther to level 5. I dread playing Muradin, he looks so boring. Never played a match with him, either, so we'll see.

I can't imagine calling Muradin boring unless you just don't like melee/tanks. He's straight up unkillable with Avatar+Stoneform and his stun+jump make him a big time playmaker. His damage is very respectable as well and I usually only take burning rage for additional damage. You can spec into extra damage (300% damage buff to solo targets with W and Rewind) and drop bombs on people if you want.

Echo head, I think we're battle net friends but it not, sgtjumpy #1499 I THINK! I've posted it in this thread in several occasions, so i probably posted it a few pages back. I haven't played a game I three weeks tho, so there is thst

Ive been using tanks more often and I like Maury. His stuns and heal are super useful.

Im really getting the hang of Johanna and Leoric as well. Johanna with Knight Takes Pawn on the new map owns face, and Leoric is really effective against other tanks. A full drain hope makes a mauradin very sad.

Currently in the weekend tardfest HL. 0-3 so far tonight.

I love warriors, first hero I bought was ETC and Sonya was the 3rd. I'm gonna give him a shot later today.

I like Tassadar, but he certainly isn't a support character, in a healing sense. I was just playing a game on Curse as Tass, leaning against an Azmodan. Tribute pops and Az doesn't leave lane, so I stay, so we don't fall behind on XP. Our Uther starts crying, saying they wouldn't have lost the "unfair trib fight if Tass showed up." Granted, we likely would've won a 5v4, but the fight was 4v4 and it was the first tribute, which isn't as important, IMO, as early game XP. Anyway, we lost XP cause our team sucked and wiped at the first two tribe and we couldn't come back... They wanted to team fight all thru 1-10 so we had a lane open at all times while Red team soaked, they had lvl 13 talents when we hit 10, and apparently it was all my Tassadar's fault. Uther healed 18k total, I healed 12k, enemy Monk healer 58k. I had respectable siege damage and hero damage, way more than Uther on both counts, we both had the same amount kills, I generated more XP and we both died the same amount of times. So was it really my fault we lost because I didn't go to one tribute? Or did my team just suck dick? Sylvanas, Uther, Johanna, Tassadar, Zeratul.

I got Artanis because of the Starcraft expansion. Only played a single game with him. He is amazing.

I probably would have stayed in lane as well (assuming the tribute was across the map). Especially with another support on the team. The biggest problem with that map is people thinking every tribute is life or death. Sometimes the winning strategy is to not even try to grab the first tribute or two and get an experience lead for the 3rd one. Then you crush that team fight and you're way ahead. Possibly even able to pick up the boss afterward.

I got Artanis because of the Starcraft expansion. Only played a single game with him. He is amazing.

Same here, he's super powerful at lvl 20. He's probably my favorite Warrior already.

The way he described it staying sounds right. But MOBAs are about rotations and making smart decisions.
Sometimes you leave a team right to soak XP and shove, other times you group to win team fights and take bosses.

It's really hard to say not seeing the game.

nah i'm mediocre. good communication and staying positive goes a long way in this game.

thanks for the compliment though :icon_chee

I played my first few HL games the other day. I love the draft but some people gotta speak up or highlight the hero they want to play. I'm highlighting Anub'arak and I'm third pick. Fourth pick on my team isn't highlighting anyone and hasn't said a word.

My turn to pick, I wait a few seconds and tell my friend on skype, "I guess i'm going Anub." As soon as I lock it in, our fourth pick says don't pick Anub. Gee whiz, could you have waited any longer to tell me? Fourth pick locks in Leoric and the flaming begins. We lose the game and Leoric finishes with 9 deaths to my 5, and couldn't let it go that I picked an Off Tank.

Some people.

I love warriors, first hero I bought was ETC and Sonya was the 3rd. I'm gonna give him a shot later today.

I like Tassadar, but he certainly isn't a support character, in a healing sense. I was just playing a game on Curse as Tass, leaning against an Azmodan. Tribute pops and Az doesn't leave lane, so I stay, so we don't fall behind on XP. Our Uther starts crying, saying they wouldn't have lost the "unfair trib fight if Tass showed up." Granted, we likely would've won a 5v4, but the fight was 4v4 and it was the first tribute, which isn't as important, IMO, as early game XP. Anyway, we lost XP cause our team sucked and wiped at the first two tribe and we couldn't come back... They wanted to team fight all thru 1-10 so we had a lane open at all times while Red team soaked, they had lvl 13 talents when we hit 10, and apparently it was all my Tassadar's fault. Uther healed 18k total, I healed 12k, enemy Monk healer 58k. I had respectable siege damage and hero damage, way more than Uther on both counts, we both had the same amount kills, I generated more XP and we both died the same amount of times. So was it really my fault we lost because I didn't go to one tribute? Or did my team just suck dick? Sylvanas, Uther, Johanna, Tassadar, Zeratul.

Sonya is ridiculously underrated imo.

Ive found that the people who complain the most are just trying to create some narrative where they're actually better than their current rank and they lose to "bad luck" or a bad team. Both things can happen, but it gets ridiculous. It seems like it's assassins the majority of the time. I can't count the number of times a Khael over extends and gets wasted and then blames me for not following him into death to "save him" somehow. They think if it's 2 on 2, they should win or something, totally disregarding the fact that they were waiting for you in the bush and just unloaded all their cooldowns right into your face-hole. I see that happen, I bounce immediately be used its gonna be a 2 on 1 fight in about 2 seconds.

One thing a lot of people take a long time to learn is that sometimes it's best to avoid the fight,'even when you're super dps assassin guy.

Last edited:
So how many characters do you have at level 10 +, sherdog? I have 8 I think.

Anyone that has had a chance to play Artanis yet? I've only played one game vs AI but he seemed quite interesting.

tried playing uther yesterday since i had support quest, man am i not good at supporting at all. just a really bad string of games, had to call it a short night.

Lol, Li Li is the only support I play as. I'm always scared my computer is going to get framework issues, or the server will mess up at crucial moments. Least with Li Li all I gotta do is hold Q! :redface:

I only have 1 level 9 and a couple level 8 heroes. Zeratul, Nova, ETC.

I swear I get the worse teams, and thanks for Blizzard restarting my ranked level I have to deal with them all the time. You know something isn't right when every match you play you're leading hero damage at 80k, and the others are at 20k-40k tops. It's like I have to be at every fight to hold their hands.

Also is it a bad sign when a hero has top stats on something that isn't his role? Like when a Zeratul that has top siege damage but 20k hero damage?

nah i'm mediocre. good communication and staying positive goes a long way in this game.

thanks for the compliment though :icon_chee

I played my first few HL games the other day. I love the draft but some people gotta speak up or highlight the hero they want to play. I'm highlighting Anub'arak and I'm third pick. Fourth pick on my team isn't highlighting anyone and hasn't said a word.

My turn to pick, I wait a few seconds and tell my friend on skype, "I guess i'm going Anub." As soon as I lock it in, our fourth pick says don't pick Anub. Gee whiz, could you have waited any longer to tell me? Fourth pick locks in Leoric and the flaming begins. We lose the game and Leoric finishes with 9 deaths to my 5, and couldn't let it go that I picked an Off Tank.

Some people.

My favorite is the first pick insta lock Nova player.
"Don't worry I'm good nova"

Enemy team counters with Mauradin, Tassadar, and Butcher. Nova leads both teams in deaths by double.

So how many characters do you have at level 10 +, sherdog? I have 8 I think.

Anyone that has had a chance to play Artanis yet? I've only played one game vs AI but he seemed quite interesting.

I've played him a bit and so far he seems super useful. Still tinkering with builds but I think he's gonna make a good bruiser with a lot of utility.

I swear I get the worse teams, and thanks for Blizzard restarting my ranked level I have to deal with them all the time. You know something isn't right when every match you play you're leading hero damage at 80k, and the others are at 20k-40k tops. It's like I have to be at every fight to hold their hands.

Also is it a bad sign when a hero has top stats on something that isn't his role? Like when a Zeratul that has top siege damage but 20k hero damage?

Pretty much depends on the situation. I've had a high siege score Zeratul because I was soaking so we didn't fall behind on exp. Also, he has a particular build that can wipe a set of mobs with a single click, so it can ratchet up his siege pretty quickly. Im almost always riding to wherever I'm going, dismounting and then pressing Q in the middle of a group of mobs and moving on.

For the most part I've found that the stats rarely tell the whole story. Unless someone has a really high or really low score across the board, there could be any number of reasons for it.

Also, stealth assassins often get somewhat low hero dmg, but high takedowns.

Last edited:
Valla and Falstad are my only 10's. I have several 9's, though. That's the sweet spot since they changed the gold around.

I've been on a Zagara kick recently. Didn't like her much when I first started playing, but this latest free week converted me.

Sonya is ridiculously underrated imo.

Ive found that the people who complain the most are just trying to create some narrative where they're actually better than their current rank and they lose to "bad luck" or a bad team. Both things can happen, but it gets ridiculous. It seems like it's assassins the majority of the time. I can't count the number of times a Khael over extends and gets wasted and then blames me for not following him into death to "save him" somehow. They think if it's 2 on 2, they should win or something, totally disregarding the fact that they were waiting for you in the bush and just unloaded all their cooldowns right into your face-hole. I see that happen, I bounce immediately be used its gonna be a 2 on 1 fight in about 2 seconds.

One thing a lot of people take a long time to learn is that sometimes it's best to avoid the fight,'even when you're super dps assassin guy.
Yeah, sometimes you just can't help a team mate out, or the better option is just for everyone to run away(fresh spawns while we're defending and objective, low on mana).

Sonya is awesome, she has great sustain and can throw down an a beating on heroes and units.

Eh, Zeratul has great wave clear and is more of a player killer than putting up really high damage numbers. It's all about his kill:death ratio, similarly to Nova, except Z has wave-clear with Q, and sustain with vampiric attacks... I usually go Meleetul.

Loaded this game up after a few months of not playing. Having a blast.

Found this little gem regarding hero league but also just the game in general:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/heroes/485714-hero-league-101

That's a must read.

I'm currently making my push for rank 1. I've played with and against several rank 1's and they don't really impress me. Currently, I'm only at rank 14 but I've won 14 out of my last 17 hero league games, so I'm sure I'll get there.

And the Dorf is fucking awesome. Wade into the thick of things, axe and mace swinging. Stun an enemy or two with a hammer, securing the kill, thunder clap to slow the enemy down for my team, leap in front of enemies trying to run away that I've just slowed... Or leaping over terrain if I'm actually getting close to dying. No healer? No problem, spec second wind for more healing and to become an active ability and Avatar? Holy shit. Mirador is insanely fun to play. Whatever posters on GAF that said the Dwarf is no fun must have no taste.

On the subject of Artanis, he seems to have been mislabeled. He's not a warrior, in my opinion. He's an assassin. All of his abilities are centered around dealing damage, and he's not particularly tanky unless he's not being focused(if players keep letting him pop his shield, he'll never die). He generally ends the game with high damage and low "role points" or whatever it's called.

He does play a good "bruiser" type character, but I'd say you still need a 2nd warrior on the team, though.

I figured you would like him. He's my most played and most successful (14-4) HL champ currently. Even though I've kind of shifted towards Johanna lately when I need to tank. In QM it's to level her to 9 for the gold, in HL it's because I don't want the other team to have her. We grabbed both Leoric and Johanna in the last HL game I played and it was a freaking slaughter. Might have to start taking that combo every time it's available.

On the subject of Artanis, he seems to have been mislabeled. He's not a warrior, in my opinion. He's an assassin. All of his abilities are centered around dealing damage, and he's not particularly tanky unless he's not being focused(if players keep letting him pop his shield, he'll never die). He generally ends the game with high damage and low "role points" or whatever it's called.

He does play a good "bruiser" type character, but I'd say you still need a 2nd warrior on the team, though.

Definitely a bruiser. Only played against one last night and this Artanis thought he was Zeratul. Dude was all over the place and kept getting blown up for being way out of position.

His shields are certainly annoying, but in my only experience against Artanis he is constantly walking the line between being safe and "Oh shit I overextended!"

The Q stacking Muradin has is one of the faster stacking abilities IMO.
It gets up to pretty scary amounts of damage then the ammo and structure damage really adds up.

Someone first picked Artanis on my team yesterday and tried to 1v5 the entire game. Most of the Artanis players I've played with/against have been fairly useless, but there have been a couple really good ones. He's a warrior the same way Sonya is a warrior. They dive and do plenty of damage, but they can also tank an absurd amount when played properly. I played against one that had a Tass focused on him and he was basically unkillable with Raynor dealing a ton of damage behind him.

I like Johanna too, but I think I prefer Muradin's more mobile play style. I do like Johanna's kit tho, and her Captain America shield is one of my favorite Ults.

Haven't played in almost a month. Trying to quit MOBA games altogether but who knows. Artanis looks OK, nothing wanting me to get back into the game. But I know once Vol'jin gets introduced I'm going to have that urge to come back.

Right now though I have so many games I need to catch up on, MOBA games were stealing all my video game attention.

Almost so close to 10k! Not sure to get Leoric, Kael, or Jaina... need somebody stupid broken. lol.

I feel Kael, seems Blizzard is never going to give him a proper nerf.

Artanis is great and fun to play.

Back