Herman v. Maia

I think Maia will win by 1st round sub. Probably RNC.

Herman is a grappler, Maia is a grappler so...crappy boxing match? I think Maia takes it, he is to good on the ground. I don't see herman winning on his feet and if he goes to the ground he is no match for maia.

I'd imagine Herman's working on his sprawl and brawl, because he HAS to know that he'd be dead on the ground.

But, I still think Demiao is too much for him, and will sub him.

Maia by sub in one of the bigger mismatches in modern UFC history. How in the hell does a guy like Herman gameplan for a fight against Maia?

I think Herman is a better wrestler than people give him credit for. I think if he does some sprawl and brawl and some clinching and bullying against the fence he could be pretty successful.

That said Maia has to be the favorite in this fight.

Herman is a grappler, Maia is a grappler so...crappy boxing match? .

all koing aside, i think is what might happen. herman might be able to keep it standing, not sure how good maia's striking is, but herman's is pretty mediocre. i would hate to see maia derailed because he cant a takedown. hopefully he has some striking. anyone know?

all koing aside, i think is what might happen. herman might be able to keep it standing, not sure how good maia's striking is, but herman's is pretty mediocre. i would hate to see maia derailed because he cant a takedown. hopefully he has some striking. anyone know?

hermans standup is not "good" at all; but he has been improved, that ko against doerkenson showed me something, the way he ducked under and came back over w/the left hand (i think) showed me some tech progression.

herman is no real striker; but he is functional and has the luxury of knowing that the chins in mma aren't as stout as they are in boxing, if he lands clean he can put this guy away.

herman's wrestling is pretty good actually; he usually forces fights on the ground, being confident that he can outwrestle and really OUTGRAPPLE most guys on the ground, he won't be stupid enough to think that now.

he is gonna sprawl and brawl, an if he can put enough on him standing then he can get him down and work him over w/out fear of submission if he can make him work hard on the feet for the takedwon and rough im up w/his hands

If Maia takes Herman down then I see him easily winning by TKO or sub. Ed is going to need good takedown defense for this match,

Maia's striking isn't lame, he's decent on his feet. He throws good kicks and keeps his guard up. That being said, I think Maia by sub in 1st round after a short feeling out process.

Herman can win by strikes. He obviously doesn't have much chance on the ground, but he can bang better than Maia IMHO.

Who the fuck cares about his sprawl and brawl, Maia can pull guard if he wants.

Cant wait to see Herman put to sleep. Maia is def gunna choke em.

Cant wait to see Herman put to sleep. Maia is def gunna choke em.

You guys arent giving Herman much a chance huh? I think he has more a chance than you guys are giving him! I see this being a VERY close fight!

Herman couldn't break an egg with his strikes. I know he KO'd a gas Doerkson who had his mouth wide open, but if he has to depend on his boxing or kickboxing to win this match I think we'll be in for some hilarity. The only way he has a change is to get a takedown and then land strikes from the top or open a cut.

Maia will need to get this to the ground via a double or single. Its not a good idea to clinch with Herman, he's too good there.

Either way I see Demian catching Herman with a sub before it's all said and done.

Back