Here's why Vinny vs Davis aint happening at UFC 157

Vinny may have to settle for a Strikeforce import if he wants to fight before April. Maybe Vinny vs OSP or Gian Villante?

you wanna know why Bader and Vinny doesnt make sense for Vinny's next fight?

here you go again bro

www.google.com

hint : search for RYAN BADER WIKIPEDIA

Clever heh?

I see, I actually did look at wiki before I posted my 1st comment but just scrolled down to record. They usually have it posted at the top if they have a scheduled opponent. Fuck reading the whole thing normally, but due to your adamance I see he's got the janitor. Dont like that matchup much

LHW in his range? what does he mean with that ? That he won't fight the lower ranked guys or something ?

Vinny has a lot to prove, he should get a fight with any LHW on the roster so both fans, him and the UFC understand where he is really "ranked" among the other fighters.... Choosing a top guy whose style can benefit(yea, i believe Phil Davis is just a good match up for Vinny) you is not cool Vinny, and i'm your fan. Sign a fight with anyone cuz we wanna see u fighting in the UFC.

Why would he accept a lower ranking fighter? This was the right range, so is Hamill at the moment. Vinny doesn't need to prove anything. He beat Werdum in ADCC, and has gone 8-1 since he was cut. He needs at least a mid-tier fighter. And I really doubt Vinny hand picks his opponents guy. Also, in his UFC debut he fought a good striker, and subbed him. So picking easy fights is not what is going on.

Vinny may have to settle for a Strikeforce import if he wants to fight before April. Maybe Vinny vs OSP or Gian Villante?

2 birds, one stone.

Am I the only one who sees Davis as light years ahead of Vinny in both skill and rankings?

ok then, who does Vinny fight instead? and on which card...?

Ask Michael Johnson how he feels about taking a fight vs a lower ranked guy just for the sake of staying active at all cost.

and its not like Vinny would stay on the shelves for like 6 more months, april is just 3 months away, by the way.

He fights whoever they want him to fight. It's not his job to pick his opponents. That is the job of the UFC matchmakers.

He fights whoever they want him to fight. It's not his job to pick his opponents. That is the job of the UFC matchmakers.

AHHHAHAHA

did you even read the article from mmajunkie I posted? Obviously not

the UFC asked him to call out Davis

AHHHAHAHA

did you even read the article from mmajunkie I posted? Obviously not

the UFC asked him to call out Davis

Clearly you didn't read it because it was the other way around. He told the UFC he wanted Davis.

Man I hope this fight happens, hate makes these guys fight HARD

Davis should take the fight. Ginny offers very little threat standing so Davis won't have to be so scared in the standup and he will be able to sleep easier prior to the fight.

I don't understand why Davis wants to wait till April at the earliest to fight. Doesn't make any sense. I like Davis and all, but he needs to be active and I think He'd be fine to fight in March or even February. That's still an 8 Week+ camp. Who needs longer than that...other than Machida ofcourse.

U do realize ur talking about a guy who fought 5 times in 12 months...

Clearly you didn't read it because it was the other way around. He told the UFC he wanted Davis.

taken from the article

"I told [UFC officials] to make it later, and [they] said, 'Fine, call him out. If you want that fight, you need to make it happen,'" Magalhaes said. "I started to call him out because I want the fight."

the underlined part especially, they totally say to the fighters, IF YOU WANT A FIGHT THEN MAKE IT HAPPEN.

So Joe and Dana are pretty OK with letting the fighters call their own fights, and if it makes sense, they will book it because they know the fighters really want it.

so saying that its not the fighters job to pick their opponents is NOT really true, Zuffa totally encourages guys to call out other fighters they wanna fight. Of course, if Dana and Joe say ''No, you wont fight him, you will fight him instead'' well then of course they will have the last word about that.

it's pretty lame when the fighters need to publicly campaign for fights.

Last edited:
it's pretty lame when the fighters need to publicly campaign for fights.

whats lame is especially the fact that its not always the case.

Sometimes they will tell the fighters to ''sell the fight'' publicly to make it happen, and sometimes, they will just call Chad Mendes to tell him he's fighting Cody McKenzie next.

lol

Michael Johnson would have lost to Myles Jury regardless, he really isn't that good.

lol Michael is a great fighter. He has shown HUGE improvement in his game. he beat roller, ferguson and another wec vet all in a row I forget who it was. His stand up looks very good and hes not just a leg diver anymore like he was on tuf. Myles Jury has a lot of real potential, no shame in losing to that guy.

Back