Here's how I grade Bellator's PPV

The production was simply awful. The fights were pretty good.

6, I guess. That's with coming in with low expectations.

Honestly, I enjoyed the prelims more than the main card.

The main card had a few good upsets but the fights themselves weren't good except for Brooks/Chandler and that only got good after the 2nd round. Rainey/MVP was about what you'd expect and I only enjoyed the finish. Volkov/Blagoi was slow but had a nice sudden finish that was unexpected. Tito/Shlemnko was sloppy until the great arm trianle. Main event was just awful.

The pacing felt really off for the main card. The pre-fight interviews are nice in theory but it just made the event feel needlessly longer.

As an event it was a decent first outing. Looking at just the paid portion of it it really underperformed imo. It didn't encourage me to buy a future Bellator PPV(esp. with no possibility of Alvarez/Chandler III). I'm glad my friend paid for tonight's instead.

8 the gaps between the fights was to long But that Brooks vs Chandler was a great fight.

The fight's didn't suck but the event didn't have a ppv feel to it. The production was meh and the wait time in between fights was ridiculous. I'll never buy a Bellator ppv if that continues

I'd give it a solid 6. I had a fun night watching it. Only bad fight was the main event.

I thought it was a solid 7-8 because I ain't mad at the main event like so many were.

The only real blackeye on the showcase was Tito fighting a smaller guy and it being exactly how you'd expect it to be.

King Mo vs Tito
Rampage vs Newton

Rampage has hinted he won't fight Newton, which everyone overlooked. They are training partners and he basically all but said he wouldn't fight him

My take from being there and very close...

Decent card seemingly but now I wished I had just bought the ppv instead of spending much more for seats.

Chandler has no striking, Mo has no striking, Tito looked like a HW fighting a small MW, Kongo fought a guy in worse shape than Roy Nelson. Rampage did more damage but he lost that fight by being taken down. No way the judges were giving that fight to Mo in Memphis TN.

I am glad UFC has some competition but the main card needs a lot of work to be PPV material.

5 out of 10

Back