Here are the reasons why Five Guys is so expensive and is top tier among burger joints.

aLw1wN1E_700w_0.jpg

When I worked, my boss got Five Guys for everyone one night. It sucked. Burger was so greasy, I couldn't eat it all. Only time I've had it, and don't see myself getting it again.

My nephew and I had a Five Guys 3 or 4 years ago in London. First time I had ever had one. The prices were very high.

I wouldn't go there again, we both felt pretty ill afterwards. I had heart palpitations. The food was so greasy.

We had to go for a walk for an hour to burn that shit off.

Local butchers 80/20 and a clean grill.
Mustard only

Blue cheese and pickled red onions if I’m feeling fancy.

My nephew and I had a Five Guys 3 or 4 years ago in London. First time I had ever had one. The prices were very high.

I wouldn't go there again, we both felt pretty ill afterwards. I had heart palpitations. The food was so greasy.

We had to go for a walk for an hour to burn that shit off.

do you eat fish and chips, or not for the same reason? i get what you're saying. i remember when i was in london, somewhere near king's crossing, and got fish and chips at some place. and it was incredibly greasy. on the same level of the grease that develops on the bottom of the fries bags you get at five guys.

Ill take Culvers......Thanks

I've had Culvers once. I ordered a sourdough, and I thought I caught Covid because there was no taste. It literallly tasted like nothing. There was no beef taste, salt, or anything. It was like eating a cardboard tube.
I could taste the frys and soda, so I didn't have Covid.

Last edited:
do you eat fish and chips, or not for the same reason? i get what you're saying. i remember when i was in london, somewhere near king's crossing, and got fish and chips at some place. and it was incredibly greasy. on the same level of the grease that develops on the bottom of the fries bags you get at five guys.

I have my local fish and chips where I always go when I fancy it. Hardly any grease and really good quality fish.

I've had greasy fish and chips from other places, but nowhere near the level of grease I had with that Five Guys meal.

I guess I'm stupid.
I can buy a pound of Angus ground beef for $7 at the store.

Too greasy for me. The fries too, melt right through the bag with all the grease.

Canadian A&W is way better IMO. The cheddar bacon uncle is the best fast food burger I’ve tried.

5 guys is not good

Everyone on the planet knows that it's cheaper to cook at home than it is to eat out.
Which is why I stated what I did. People complain about the high prices and the presentation and taste of the food at these places but still patronize them. Home prep is not only cheaper but better tasting, more convenient and likely more sanitary.

Which is why I stated what I did. People complain about the high prices and the presentation and taste of the food at these places but still patronize them. Home prep is not only cheaper but better tasting, more convenient and likely more sanitary.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Back