Herb is the best Referee in MMA.

no way...

Rosenthal and Mirgliotta are much better imo...

I know rosenthal has gotten pressure for a couiple late stoppages, but he's reffed some excellent fights that I could have seen herb, lavine or mazegati fouling up.

/facepalm Mirgs should never be mentioned in the p4p best ref discussion.

I like Herb but tonight is not really the night to sing his praises, what with the mouthguard and all.

I like Herb but tonight is not really the night to sing his praises, what with the mouthguard and all.

Don't get it the fighters were engaged what is he supposed to do? If one of them would have backed off a little bit he probably would have stopped it.

I think Herb is very well the best Ref in MMA. There has not been one stoppage where I thought he fucked up, yes that includes the Fedor/Hendo fight, always gets in there in time. A ref is always supposed to make sure the fighter does not take more damage than he needs and Herb, depends the situations/caliber of the fight, makes sure this is always done. Just showing props to this great ref.

Big John is better. Herb is a much better ref than he used to be so I give him credit for improving, but he has made so many huge mistakes over the years, it's hard to really see him as that great of a ref.
There is actually a guy on the east coast that only does shows in south east that is probably the best ref in the business. He worked the show in ATL, and he must have done a really good job because nobody even noticed him.

Don't get it the fighters were engaged what is he supposed to do? If one of them would have backed off a little bit he probably would have stopped it.

I think-- I could be wrong-- that the rule is he's supposed to break the action (like they do if somebody gets kicked in the nuts) as soon as he sees the mouth piece is out.

re watch the fight homie, there was a good 10 seconds of Matt and Roy standing there squared up without throwing shit, Herb could have stopped it easily

also Matt with his mouth piece and the ref doing his job of safety for the fighters Roy might not have gotten that CHEAP finish

No.

There was a brief lull in action, maybe 3 seconds. Herb went to step in, but a punch was thrown. From there, he had no time to call a stop to the action.

at least he prevents a fair share of nutshots

bgd8cl.gif

Josh Rosenthal is better.

Mirgliotta is just atrocious.

535565_438014029549427_423943966_n.jpg

The guy to the left of Herb is the best in the business.

herb shouldn't have stopped the fight for the mouthpiece, only if there is a lul in the action.

and from what i remember, they were going at it untill the finish. he should not interrupt the flow of the fight.

He don't know G

I think-- I could be wrong-- that the rule is he's supposed to break the action (like they do if somebody gets kicked in the nuts) as soon as he sees the mouth piece is out.

I'm not 100% on the rule either but from every fight I've seen where a mouth piece was knocked out they typically wait until there is some sort of pause.

Looked it up, not direct from a commission, but I'd assume it's relevant for all.

All fighters will wear an approved mouthguard. No fighter will be allowed to begin any bout without a mouthpiece. Whenever the mouthpiece is knocked out by a fair blow or a foul tactic, or however the mouthpiece is dropped or spit out by the fighter, the referee shall wait for a lull in the activity of both fighters, call time out, stop the bout in place, and replace the mouthpiece.

Source: http://fighterssource.com/wp-conten...s-Source-International-Amateur-MMA-League.pdf

I think Herb is very well the best Ref in MMA. There has not been one stoppage where I thought he fucked up, yes that includes the Fedor/Hendo fight, always gets in there in time. A ref is always supposed to make sure the fighter does not take more damage than he needs and Herb, depends the situations/caliber of the fight, makes sure this is always done. Just showing props to this great ref.

Herb Dean is one of the worst.

I am not saying he is a bad guy, but there are some very strange results to some of his fights. When refs are not consistent, I get suspicious. Herb Dean is ABSURDLY not consistent.

If anybody want to see what type of ref Heb is, watch the King of the Cage: Buckeye Nuts, Jason Gilliam fight. Gilliam used illegal technique after illegal technique and Herb Dean not only didn't put a stop to it, he didn't DQ him when his opponent couldn't continue, and gave him a TKO win. It was one of the most disgraceful jobs by a MMA ref that I have ever seen.

If anybody want to see what type of ref Heb is, watch the King of the Cage: Buckeye Nuts, Jason Gilliam fight. Gilliam used illegal technique after illegal technique and Herb Dean not only didn't put a stop to it, he didn't DQ him when his opponent couldn't continue, and gave him a TKO win. It was one of the most disgraceful jobs by a MMA ref that I have ever seen.

Hey everyone fucks up

35crlgnjpg.gif

Hey everyone fucks up

35crlgnjpg.gif

That's true, but what happened in that fight was disgraceful.
I did give Herb credit that he has gotten much better over the years, but it's fights like that will always be hanging over him. Luckily for him, most fans don't remember how bad he was back in the day, and after Dana got pissed at Big John, he started hyping Herb.

you say this a few minutes after he let a fighter continue fighting as he held his mouth guard, followed by Roy head hunting after he saw Matt with no mouth guard.

Herb Dean seems to fuck something up every show he's on lately. Not even close to the best ref in the business.

Josh Rosenthal = the man

rosenthal had a baad mistake in bellator that shadows everything herb has ever done

i think herb is up there, top 2

Back