• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Henry Cejudo rustled with UFC paying Jorge Masvidal, who's 'got 17 losses,' but not him

I know he's retired, but maybe he should request his release from the contract so he can sign with another org...or at least see if one is willing to pay him what he wants (doubtful)

One thing manlets will never understand is that they earn less than taller fighters, because they're manlets.

You can be the greatest manlet fighter in the world, but at the end of the day you're still a manlet.
Boxing has entered the chat and says hello.

I want to watch him fight, he's an amazing fighter.

Really? Every time I watch his "stoppage wins" against Cruz or TJ it reminds me of a little kid flailing in a school fight. He never actually lands much after the initial shot, but throws heaps of little arm punches so they stop it.

OffbeatExhaustedGharial-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Nobody was TKO'd in either of those fights.

Cejudo is the guy we need to help finally rid us of Volk stinking up the joint. Pay him Dana. Let’s get that belt away from point fighter Volk.

He has pretty much the highest on paper combat credentials anyone could have. World champion of multiple combat disciplines in multiple divisions. I like Mas and Izzy is good but for them to pen those deals over him is pretty ridiculous. Especially as Henry already stated. Mas has 17 losses.. I understand u can grow passed your record but still.
This. With the right promotion they can properly promote his fights. His credentials is something you would want in a fighter you are promoting for your brand.

I know he's retired, but maybe he should request his release from the contract so he can sign with another org...or at least see if one is willing to pay him what he wants (doubtful)
UFC will hold on to champions contracts. Cejudo would have to wait the 5 year limit of his contract just like Khabib is doing.

Jorge Masvidal fought 50+ fights before he 'got paid'.

Tiny, here, retired after 18.

Maybe if Cejudo had stuck around, he'd have gotten paid? His value certainly wasn't going down with every passing victory...

I'm not really sure what he's complaining about. He simply mismanaged his career from a monetary POV.

He has pretty much the highest on paper combat credentials anyone could have. World champion of multiple combat disciplines in multiple divisions. I like Mas and Izzy is good but for them to pen those deals over him is pretty ridiculous. Especially as Henry already stated. Mas has 17 losses.. I understand u can grow passed your record but still.
The casual fans interest in Masvidal and the likes of Diaz is what gets them their high fight purse, not really their credentials since none of them have ever won a title. But it does show that even if you don't become champion you can still earn high fight purses if you gain casual fan interest.

He retired just when he was gaining momentum, what did he expect?

I think he must have thought that simply holding belts meant he'd get paid huge amounts.

But as we've seen, even UFC champions have to fight to earn a serious payday.

Instead, Cejudo retired.

Go away, Henry. No one invited you

By the way does it strike you as true that the UFC kind of rewards people who are cool with them like Bisping/DC/ and so on lol I mean even Jessica Eye and Sam Alvey still has jobs BUT if you get on their bad side they will go out of their way to fuck you raw. Henry way overplayed his hand and got burned.

The casual fans interest in Masvidal and the likes of Diaz is what gets them their high fight purse, not really their credentials since none of them have ever won a title. But it does show that even if you don't become champion you can still earn high fight purses if you gain casual fan interest.
This is true, it's a slippery slope. Hopefully they a find a better balance of fan interest and worthy resume/credentials

Cejudo headlined one PPV, of which the buy rate was never released. Given the fact that unless they're in a state that mandates it, the UFC generally doesn't disclose PPV numbers, I'm guessing that Cejudo/Moraes didn't do well.

Idk what the BMF PPV did, but Jorge said it did well. His subsequent two PPVs did 1.3 million and 700k buys respectively. That's why he got paid.

He also held out on the first Usman fight until the UFC gave him a 500k purse (up 100k from the Nate fight), and got lucky when Burns fell out and the UFC needed a new main event for the Fight Island debut. Dana went from "Masvidal doesn't want the Usman fight." to "It was a brilliant move." after the fact.

This is why Masvidal got paid and Usman didn't. Henry thought the UFC would beg him to stick around after he retired. It was a gamble that didn't pay off.

I think he must have thought that simply holding belts meant he'd get paid huge amounts.

But as we've seen, even UFC champions have to fight to earn a serious payday.

Instead, Cejudo retired.
If he was trying to renegotiate it was the worse negotiation is history. He gave up all his leverage when he vacated the titles, while he had them he had a ton of leverage once he vacated he gave up that leverage. The UFC does not want to strip titles because it looks bad, but a fighter retiring does not.

Cejudo needs a new look, he needs to shave off that fucking hedge hog.

I'd really love to know the numbers CCC has been offered.

I'm pretty sure Ali still represents him and he seems to have no problem getting his fighters paid. Seems to me this maybe more of CCC issue than anything else.

Last edited:
Back