Hendricks vs Weidman

Weidman would walk through hendricks pretty easily imo. Id pick weidman by tko in the 2nd

I know size of the fighter doesnt always matter, but I remember seeing a pic of the two and Weidman seemed a lot bigger.

You get that Weidman would have a significant size and reach advantage against Hendricks right? You think Weidman walks around at 185?

It wouldn't even be close. Weidman has fought the greatest striker in MMA twice and beaten him standing (He dropped Silva in both fights, finished him the first time and had him in serious trouble the second time).

Sure there was the threat of takedowns but that typically limits the amount of kicks a fighter throws. The Weidman goes on to beat one of the top strikers at 205 in Machida.

Sure Hendricks is right up there. Let's see him stand with the Dragon for 25 minutes and win convincingly.
No, I know Weidman doesn't walk around at 185. Do you think Hendricks walks around at 185 just because he's a WW? He's arguably the biggest weight cutter in the WW division, along with Thiago Alves. He walks around at 220 and he cuts from over 200. Weidman would have a significant reach advantage to help him in the striking department, but he would not have a size and strength advantage to help him in the wrestling department.

Also please don't even try and pretend that Weidman is close to Anderson as a pure striker. He won due to...
A.) Takedowns and the threat of takedowns which helped him dramatically standing. Chael Sonnen outstruck Anderson on the feet too at UFC 117, doesn't mean he's close to his level as a pure striker. It was all the takedowns and the threat of takedowns that helped him accomplish that.

B.) Fluke circumstances. Breaking a leg on a leg kick thats checked is a fluke, no matter how many times Weidman tries to tell the public it wasn't. Think of all the leg kicks in history, and then the number of broken legs off checked leg kicks. And in the first fight, Anderson was goofing off and got caught more than truly outstruck, even ignoring the wrestling aspect that I've mentioned earlier.

Hendricks doesn't have to worry about a takedown because of his wrestling ability and the fact that he's just as strong as Weidman despite being a WW. Size/strength would be a bigger issue for many other welterweights, but not Hendricks who is cutting weight to the point of where it's diminishing his performance in his last fight by killing his cardio due to a brutal weight cut. Kind of like how Barao might be just as well off going up to FW, too, considering his size. Difference is I think Hendricks is just lazy with his diet and if he starts taking it seriously, he should be able to get in better shape and stick at WW for a few more years, at least.

Like I said, Weidman likely wins due to superior striking. But the idea Weidman would rag doll him or badly outwrestle an NCAA D1 national champion wrestler who has very similar size and strength to him is silly. And since Weidman isn't a special striker (he's very good, but not talking an Anderson type or a Machida type when you throw out threat of takedowns) when you take away the threat of takedown, it's a much more competitive fight than people here are suggesting.

So let me get this straight OP, you think Hendricks, who didn't even defend his belt once, and whose fights would be a toss-up with the top 5, would have a shot against Weidman who has looked unbeatable at the weight class ABOVE and already dominantly defended his belt twice?

Hendricks would lose to all top 15 mw,he is too small(doesnt have the frame),too short. The chris would own him easily

I came here to say this. It isn't the first time this stupid thread has been created with people actually giving Hendricks a good chance. People that do are extremely ignorant.

---

Weidman would have nearly a half foot in height & roughly 9 inches of reach on Hendricks. He's also much bigger and stronger than Hendricks. Hendricks walks around heavy but the size difference would still be huge, Weidman's frame is a lot bigger.

I'll take Weidman and literally by anything that he wants. Hendricks wouldn't even touch him or take him down. He'd get fucking big brothered badly and finished in grotesque fashion.

5MUVZNW.gif

lol another showing of sherdogs hatred of jones
DC was half a foot shorter, with a 1 ft reach disadvantage and was still the favorite over jones.
now sherdoggers are actually being rational

Hendricks has the natural frame of a huge LW or small WW.

So no.

No, I know Weidman doesn't walk around at 185. Do you think Hendricks walks around at 185 just because he's a WW? He's arguably the biggest weight cutter in the WW division, along with Thiago Alves. He walks around at 220 and he cuts from over 200. Weidman would have a significant reach advantage to help him in the striking department, but he would not have a size and strength advantage to help him in the wrestling department.

Also please don't even try and pretend that Weidman is close to Anderson as a pure striker. He won due to...
A.) Takedowns and the threat of takedowns which helped him dramatically standing. Chael Sonnen outstruck Anderson on the feet too at UFC 117, doesn't mean he's close to his level as a pure striker. It was all the takedowns and the threat of takedowns that helped him accomplish that.

B.) Fluke circumstances. Breaking a leg on a leg kick thats checked is a fluke, no matter how many times Weidman tries to tell the public it wasn't. Think of all the leg kicks in history, and then the number of broken legs off checked leg kicks. And in the first fight, Anderson was goofing off and got caught more than truly outstruck, even ignoring the wrestling aspect that I've mentioned earlier.

Hendricks doesn't have to worry about a takedown because of his wrestling ability and the fact that he's just as strong as Weidman despite being a WW. Size/strength would be a bigger issue for many other welterweights, but not Hendricks who is cutting weight to the point of where it's diminishing his performance in his last fight by killing his cardio due to a brutal weight cut. Kind of like how Barao might be just as well off going up to FW, too, considering his size. Difference is I think Hendricks is just lazy with his diet and if he starts taking it seriously, he should be able to get in better shape and stick at WW for a few more years, at least.

Like I said, Weidman likely wins due to superior striking. But the idea Weidman would rag doll him or badly outwrestle an NCAA D1 national champion wrestler who has very similar size and strength to him is silly. And since Weidman isn't a special striker (he's very good, but not talking an Anderson type or a Machida type when you throw out threat of takedowns) when you take away the threat of takedown, it's a much more competitive fight than people here are suggesting.

Still stuck on the fluke bullshit huh? Weidman walks around much higher than 185 in shape. Hendricks walks around at 220 as a sawed-off fat fuck. Weidman would absolutely destroy Hendricks. As far as your wrestling nonsense, I mention Cormier vs Hendo.

Also, I'm not a huge proponent of MMA math, but Hendricks can't beat Lawler who is a man that admittedly can't compete at the highest level at Middleweight despite holding the Strikeforce Title when that division was incredibly weak in Strikeforce.

Somebody said Hendricks would beat Kennedy. Kennedy is criminally underrated on this forum. He would beat the hell out of Hendricks over 3 rounds to a UD or stop him late in a 5 round fight.

I don't think there's a way of explaining just how badly Hendricks would get destroyed vs. Weidman. Weidman would hurt him, BAD.

Back