Hendricks vs Weidman

Good, competitive fight. Hendricks is getting really underrated on Sherdog just because he gassed out in his last fight. Without the brutal weight cut, his cardio would likely be much better and that wouldn't be a factor. Weidman wouldn't be able to take down Hendricks to use his superior ground game, so it would be an interesting striking matchup where Hendricks is no joke on his feet. The idea Weidman would rag doll Hendricks is silly. He's the elite of the elite when it comes to wrestling and Hendricks is a BIG welterweight as is, to the point where the weight cut actually hurt his performance last fight, so not like Weidman would have a significant strength advantage either.

I would bet on Weidman to win, but the people acting like Hendricks would just get destroyed are way off base. Hendricks is someone who can very much afford to move up a weight class and be successful at the top of the division because he's starting to reach the point of diminishing returns with these weight cuts. I think his best bet is to just diet better and stay at WW, but he'd be a force at MW too.

Good, competitive fight. Hendricks is getting really underrated on Sherdog just because he gassed out in his last fight. Without the brutal weight cut, his cardio would likely be much better and that wouldn't be a factor. Weidman wouldn't be able to take down Hendricks to use his superior ground game, so it would be an interesting striking matchup where Hendricks is no joke on his feet.

I would bet on Weidman to win, but the people acting like Hendricks would just get destroyed are way off base. Hendricks is someone who can very much afford to move up a weight class and be successful at the top of the division because he's starting to reach the point of diminishing returns with these weight classes. I think his best bet is to just diet better and stay at WW, but he'd be a force at MW too.

your just as stupid as the thread-starter

No just no.
Good, competitive fight. Hendricks is getting really underrated on Sherdog just because he gassed out in his last fight. Without the brutal weight cut, his cardio would likely be much better and that wouldn't be a factor. Weidman wouldn't be able to take down Hendricks to use his superior ground game, so it would be an interesting striking matchup where Hendricks is no joke on his feet.

I would bet on Weidman to win, but the people acting like Hendricks would just get destroyed are way off base. Hendricks is someone who can very much afford to move up a weight class and be successful at the top of the division because he's starting to reach the point of diminishing returns with these weight classes. I think his best bet is to just diet better and stay at WW, but he'd be a force at MW too.

No point in speculating, Weidman already said he'd never fight him.

I'll take fights that will never happen for $1000

Fact: Weidman wouldn't be able to take Hendricks down and put his superior ground game to use.

Fact: People are overrating Weidman's pure striking because of how he performed on the feet vs. Anderson and Machida, two guys who had to worry about the takedown from Weidman in a way an NCAA D1 national champion simply does not.

Fact: Their wrestling would cancel each other out and this would be a striking match. Take away Weidman's wrestling and he's a very good but not elite striker. He's looked like a better striker than he is vs. Anderson + Machida due to takedowns, and the threat of takedowns. Takedowns that Hendricks has a lifetime of wrestling to fall back on as a reason to not fear. Hendricks is a notch below Weidman's level as a striker, but by no means would he be destroyed.

Can't believe how underrated Hendricks has become on here just because he gassed out after a tough weight cut.

A guy who has defended at MW multiple times and looked unstoppable against a WW who cannot even defend hi belt once?

Hendricks would look like a chubby manlet next to Weidman. He'd be a huge underdog.

Weidman is criminally underrated here. Every day there's a topic about X fighter would do good against Weidman. I guess people don't understand greatness when it's not flashy.

Weidman would do things to Hendricks that make what he did to Munoz look like a pillow fight.

Fact: Weidman wouldn't be able to take Hendricks down and put his superior ground game to use.

Fact: People are overrating Weidman's pure striking because of how he performed on the feet vs. Anderson and Machida, two guys who had to worry about the takedown from Weidman in a way an NCAA D1 national champion simply does not.

Fact: Their wrestling would cancel each other out and this would be a striking match. Take away Weidman's wrestling and he's a very good but not elite striker. He's looked like a better striker than he is vs. Anderson + Machida due to takedowns, and the threat of takedowns. Takedowns that Hendricks has a lifetime of wrestling to fall back on as a reason to not fear. Hendricks is a notch below Weidman's level as a striker, but by no means would he be destroyed.

Can't believe how underrated Hendricks has become on here just because he gassed out after a tough weight cut.

You get that Weidman would have a significant size and reach advantage against Hendricks right? You think Weidman walks around at 185?

It wouldn't even be close. Weidman has fought the greatest striker in MMA twice and beaten him standing (He dropped Silva in both fights, finished him the first time and had him in serious trouble the second time).

Sure there was the threat of takedowns but that typically limits the amount of kicks a fighter throws. The Weidman goes on to beat one of the top strikers at 205 in Machida.

Sure Hendricks is right up there. Let's see him stand with the Dragon for 25 minutes and win convincingly.

Weidman is criminally underrated here. Every day there's a topic about X fighter would do good against Weidman. I guess people don't understand greatness when it's not flashy.

Yep agreed, not flashy and yet he has finished 8 of his 12 fights

Lol poor Hendricks. He got no love here. What about GSP vs Weidman?

Weidman would seriously hurtHendrick's little self. The reach alone would be hard to deal with, not to mention the strength, and skill advantage.

Whats Hendricks gonna do besides throw some 70% shots so he doesn't gas?

No not even close. Wiedman is better everywhere except
maybe in wrestling but with the size advantage it wouldn't matter. I'm not evening giving Hendricks a punchers chance because the Chris has such a good chin.

Weidman would do things to Hendricks that make what he did to Munoz look like a pillow fight.

I came here to say this. It isn't the first time this stupid thread has been created with people actually giving Hendricks a good chance. People that do are extremely ignorant.

---

Weidman would have nearly a half foot in height & roughly 9 inches of reach on Hendricks. He's also much bigger and stronger than Hendricks. Hendricks walks around heavy but the size difference would still be huge, Weidman's frame is a lot bigger.

I'll take Weidman and literally by anything that he wants. Hendricks wouldn't even touch him or take him down. He'd get fucking big brothered badly and finished in grotesque fashion.

Weidman would destroy him, Hendricks' striking isn't good enough to challenge any of the top middleweights, it's very green. But Weidman would submit him with relative ease.

Back