Hendricks/Lalwer 2 sucked and here's why

But the fight was pretty terrible, I can't wait for someone (Rory) to beat both of them. I know for sure that Rory would beat Hendricks, all Hendricks seems to do is hug legs and not having a great takedown ability. I think his wrestling is pretty overrated, or he just hasn't worked on it enough for the Lawler fights, even Koscheck go him down when Lawler was fresh, Hendricks couldn't.

Ummmmmm where were you for Lawler-McDonald?? Did you not see Rory get completely outclassed?

Ummmmmm where were you for Lawler-McDonald?? Did you not see Rory get completely outclassed?

So that's why it was a split decision? Rory almost took down Robbie at will whenever he wanted, but the stand up was close with the knockdown being the deciding factor of the fight, but Robbie did get taken down at the end and was eating elbows from half guard. Rory had gotten more confident from himself being too tentative. It may seem like I am a nuthugger (which I kind of am) but Rory vs Lombard will be similar to the rematch between him and Robbie. If he beats Lombard fairly easy in the opening rounds it's hard to say Robbie would hen beat him if you go by 'you're only as good as your last fight'.

I said after the fight, neither guy deserves to be the champion for those performances

Nailed it. Before he gassed, Hendricks looked like a goddamn animal. Those leg kicks were insane and his striking looked crisp as hell. Lawler won 1,4,5 IMO, but 4 and 5 were mostly due to Hendricks losing the round instead of Lawler winning (minus that badass finish). But in the beginning, Hendricks looked like the best WW in the world.

Hendricks looked good but was helped by Lawler literally just walking forward doing nothing. He does it in all his fights I don't get it really.

Backstrom is the best Swede bro, Vancouver aren't the same without Luongo.

Welcome back home

6a00d83451b26169e20168ea9afb2c970c-pi

Neither of those guys interest me when they fight each other. I could watch Matt Browne fight either of them. Win or lose at least you know he'll end the fight swinging.

Both of them are animals who can take serious punches without blinking. GSP looked a mess after Hendricks and Rory did after Lawler. Just because they offset eachother in this manner doesn't mean they both don't belong at the top two spots or that their fights were boring. I was at the edge of my seat for both of them.

Hendricks looked good but was helped by Lawler literally just walking forward doing nothing. He does it in all his fights I don't get it really.

Lawler's opponents get it. He'll take some shots to inflict damage and he doesn't waste energy dancing around or throwing meaningless strikes. He actually blocks (or partially blocks) a lot more strikes than people realize, including the guys in the booth.

Robbie's a bit like a smaller MMA version of George Foreman.

No I actually didn't see Rory get outclassed. I saw Rory slipping and rolling a lot of hits that got ruled as significant strikes that as an actual boxing judge I would never count. That fight was completely even, with Rory actually landing more and cleaner shots in my opinion. (second round went to robbie obviously though, I'm not an idiot)

As for the responses on here, I don't honestly remember much of Johny's stand up from that fight, then again it was a month ago by this point and I was sort of drunk. So I'll concede the point.

Lawler's opponents get it. He'll take some shots to inflict damage and he doesn't waste energy dancing around or throwing meaningless strikes. He actually blocks (or partially blocks) a lot more strikes than people realize, including the guys in the booth.

Robbie's a bit like a smaller MMA version of George Foreman.

Yea I did notice he rolls with the punches or partially blocks them. He goes far to long without throwing a punch though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back