Hendricks/Lalwer 2 sucked and here's why

dudleydigges

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Alright, so to save me from being murdered. Their first fight was amazing, and I will even say that the second fight looked promising. Why wouldn't it?

Here's the thing though, they stood toe to toe with each other and traded the biggest punches and knees and elbows ever in a WW fight. (embellishing, but stay with me)

In the time between those fights and getting ready for their next fight, they got in each other's heads. They both realized how much time that first fight took off their careers and lives. They both didn't want to repeat it. They walked in with no interest in repeating the first barn-burner

Hendricks chose to try the wrestler style. Stay on top, win the round. Avoid a stand-up fight with Lawler. That first fight was too close and he ran the risk of being KO'd.

Lawler decided that his only chance of winning especially as the challenger was to finish him and finish him early. Therefore he blitzed Johny in the first rd. He gassed and he broke, leading him to be a zombie for rds 2 n 3.

In 4 and 5, Lawler didn't look much better but he won by the Sanchez effect. Coast 4 and 1/2 minutes, explode for the last thirty. Secure round in lazy judges eyes.

Their third fight will be exactly the same. Trust me.

If you think that Hendricks avoided standing with Lawler, you didn't watch the second fight. Outside of the dry humping in 4 & 5, he was ripping Lawler with the same combo over and over and over.

Do you not remember the punch-to-leg-kick combo he kept throwing while Lawler stood there just getting tagged?

We all remember the last few seconds of the fight which, in addition to the first minute or so of the first round, is all they can show as a highlight for Lawler. Other than that, he was getting lit up.

If you think that Hendricks avoided standing with Lawler, you didn't watch the second fight. Outside of the dry humping in 4 & 5, he was ripping Lawler with the same combo over and over and over.

Do you not remember the punch-to-leg-kick combo he kept throwing while Lawler stood there just getting tagged?

We all remember the last few seconds of the fight which, in addition to the first minute or so of the first round, is all they can show as a highlight for Lawler. Other than that, he was getting lit up.

Nailed it. Before he gassed, Hendricks looked like a goddamn animal. Those leg kicks were insane and his striking looked crisp as hell. Lawler won 1,4,5 IMO, but 4 and 5 were mostly due to Hendricks losing the round instead of Lawler winning (minus that badass finish). But in the beginning, Hendricks looked like the best WW in the world.

Hey man Hendrick sedin is a great player

Yep. His brother too.

1308158328.jpg

This.

It's kind of funny how the trends of MMA fandom among casuals have tossed and turned. First karate and boxing were the most badass things ever and grapplers were "pussies". Then the Gracies came along and tore that entire paradigm a new asshole. Then elite wrestlers and strikers learned how to work enough of the Gracie style into their game to be able to adapt their game to the NHB environment and have a fighting chance against it - in some instances dominating it. This continued until bjj "died". Then Big Nog and the BTT brought it back and BJJ became king shit of fuck mountain again for the longest time until Brocktober where everyone thought that if someone with the lable "wrestler" attached to their name fought anyone without the label "wrestler" attached to their name, the wrestler could literally blink and the non-wrestler would immediately be in a fetal position getting helplessly beaten waiting for the ref to save his life, even if he were a world champion in every other style of grappling in world history.

And now we're at the point where if someone with the label "wrestler" attached to his name shoots a takedown it immediately negates everything else he's ever done and he's a "boring dry-humper".

(I'm using a lot of hyperbole on purpose, before anyone calls me out on it)

I rather watch this than Phil Davis any day.

How much did it take off of their careers and lives?

I was curious of this too. Granted, the first fight was a war, but neither man was knocked out, or even on the verge of unconsciousness... nor did they suffer any crazy injuries.

Alright, so to save me from being murdered. Their first fight was amazing, and I will even say that the second fight looked promising. Why wouldn't it?

Here's the thing though, they stood toe to toe with each other and traded the biggest punches and knees and elbows ever in a WW fight. (embellishing, but stay with me)

In the time between those fights and getting ready for their next fight, they got in each other's heads. They both realized how much time that first fight took off their careers and lives. They both didn't want to repeat it. They walked in with no interest in repeating the first barn-burner

Hendricks chose to try the wrestler style. Stay on top, win the round. Avoid a stand-up fight with Lawler. That first fight was too close and he ran the risk of being KO'd.

Lawler decided that his only chance of winning especially as the challenger was to finish him and finish him early. Therefore he blitzed Johny in the first rd. He gassed and he broke, leading him to be a zombie for rds 2 n 3.

In 4 and 5, Lawler didn't look much better but he won by the Sanchez effect. Coast 4 and 1/2 minutes, explode for the last thirty. Secure round in lazy judges eyes.

Their third fight will be exactly the same. Trust me.

I thought Robbie just tweaked his gameplan by coasting in the middle rounds and trying to exhaust Hendricks, so that he didn't get put on his back and controlled in the championship rounds, like he did in the fifth in their first fight.

I mean he did avoid more takedowns and was landing big shots on Hendricks to end those championship rounds, which was the complete opposite of how their first encounter ended.

Not only did that fight suck, it was a terrible double standard for mma fans.

They ridicule Hendricks on being passive and lawler was way waaay worse.

He did nothing for the first 3 rounds and had some in the tank to finish strong at the end of the 5th round.

It was a joke, Lawler was even more lazy than Hendricks in that fight ��

This.

It's kind of funny how the trends of MMA fandom among casuals have tossed and turned. First karate and boxing were the most badass things ever and grapplers were "pussies". Then the Gracies came along and tore that entire paradigm a new asshole. Then elite wrestlers and strikers learned how to work enough of the Gracie style into their game to be able to adapt their game to the NHB environment and have a fighting chance against it - in some instances dominating it. This continued until bjj "died". Then Big Nog and the BTT brought it back and BJJ became king shit of fuck mountain again for the longest time until Brocktober where everyone thought that if someone with the lable "wrestler" attached to their name fought anyone without the label "wrestler" attached to their name, the wrestler could literally blink and the non-wrestler would immediately be in a fetal position getting helplessly beaten waiting for the ref to save his life, even if he were a world champion in every other style of grappling in world history.

And now we're at the point where if someone with the label "wrestler" attached to his name shoots a takedown it immediately negates everything else he's ever done and he's a "boring dry-humper".

(I'm using a lot of hyperbole on purpose, before anyone calls me out on it)

Meh...

There is a difference between wrestling and putting your head in between another man's crotch to stall/ avoid punishment. Hendricks was clearly stalling

gotta agree with this.

hendricks was beating robbie up entire fight.

robbie looked good at the beginning n at the end.

his "berserk" mode at the end fooled judges n most fans.

im sure even robbie felt he lost that fight n thats why he looked pissed at the end.

if i was robbie i would demand immediate rematch, cause i wouldnt be able to see myself as champ, after getting my ass kick during 90% of the fight.

But the fight was pretty terrible, I can't wait for someone (Rory) to beat both of them. I know for sure that Rory would beat Hendricks, all Hendricks seems to do is hug legs and not having a great takedown ability. I think his wrestling is pretty overrated, or he just hasn't worked on it enough for the Lawler fights, even Koscheck go him down when Lawler was fresh, Hendricks couldn't.

If they give us another rematch, People will be mad. Hendricks didn't Even get a single titledefence before he had to fight Lawler again. I love Lawler, but I doubt Hendricks or Lawler Are the top guys at ww. Let them fight someone Else.

I was entertained. Not as much as their first fight but that would've been very difficult to top.

Back