Helwani makes 500k a year but wants more money.

Pay him more, pay him less, who da hell cares.

Never forget that Ariel is a douche and he cried... cmon, your kids are gonna see that

“ESPN and top MMA insider Ariel Helwani are entering the late stages of a negotiation staredown that could end in a breakup, The Post has learned. Helwani, 38, is comparable on UFC coverage to Adrian Wojanaski. Helwani has nearly 2 million followers on Twitter and Instagram, building his reputation by breaking stories and being at the heart of the reporting and opinions around the fight game.

Helwani currently makes a little less than half a million dollars per year, according to sources. His current three-year deal is up in June.”

Interesting story, seems like Ariel wants to get paid more and is having difficult negotiations with ESPN because of it. If talks fail he will probably end up with CBS/Showtime where Luke thomas is at.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/14/espn-...ing-contract-staredown/?utm_source=reddit.com

I never fault anyone for going for more money but I don't think Helwani is worth 100k let alone 500k lol wtf are ESPN thinking paying him that much.

500k is a lot more shekels I expected him to be raking in

Idk that sounds light for his name value and prestige of the position. Not saying im a fan of his but what is the market value of that position. If Bret okomoto makes 500k then Ariel should be making more even though I think Bret is way better. 500k is a lot.of money though, he shouldn't walk away unless he has a better offer.
Bret is a yes-man tho. So of course he makes more than Ariel

500k is plenty. And he wants Woj money? Cmon playboy, we know there are Woj Bombs, are there Hel Bombs? Not even close. Plus, Woj covers a real sport. Lol@ cage fighting.

Bret is better then Helwani
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Bret sucks
Bret is Dana’s bitch

I mean I get it. The dudes been doing this gig for a long ass time and he has a dedicated following that’s stuck with him through several transitions to different networks.

Sounds to me like he knows his worth. Brent and Ariel have created a really nice coverage team for EAPN. Not sure why you’d try to get away from that

Because ESPN is strapped for cash. They've laid off tons of people over the past several years.

He is the face of MMA journalism whether you like him or not. Also he is not just a UFC shill like Brett. He brings enough credibility to the network he should probably be making a little more

Negotiations have to start somewhere.
I'm in senior management and I've never met an employee who said they would like to make less.

We all want more fancy. wancy shit don’t we?

I wish I could just be a pompous dork all day and get paid half a million.

Back